Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

WCQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Ducks 3 (OT) - (ANA leads series 3-2)

• Please log in to reply
906 replies to this topic

#901 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Tough loss. Could have went the Wings way. Really hurts not scoring on the 5 minute pp, Wings score 1 or even 2 on that pp and it's game over. Oh well, Wings going back to the Joe and will win to force a game 7!!

Wings hit twine instead of three posts games over. Sometimes the bounces don't go your way.

#902 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Tough game to lose.  I guess we can all be glad it at least happened quick and not in 3OT.  Re-group and take it back at the Joe.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#903 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

That is an overused and patently ridiculous line. When was the last time you saw a team come out and dominate all 60 minutes? Hockey games ebb and flow, not in the least because these are two teams of professional athletes. The Ducks did not play 60 minutes either, by your definition. 

Well, I won't disagree that games ebb and flow, but the problem is the Wings (reference game 4) have games where they have a high degree of intensity the whole game. On the other hand, they have games where there are stretches where you have to ask if they even care (reference parts of game 5). A 60 minute game isn't about dominating every moment, but about at least matching the intensity of the opponent. The Wings have the talent, but they just don't seem to have the heart some games.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#904 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Don't worry people, we're going to game 7. Hopefully Sammy comes out for Abby so Bert stays in. Bert has been good. Protect home ice and steal one in cali on Sunday. BELEIEVE

#905 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

OH I BELIEVE!!!!!

OH I'MA BELIEVER!!!!!

#906 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Does anyone have a link to the post game pressers?

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#907 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

Sometimes its fun to look back on the doom and gloom threads after a big win.
The people who said things like "series over" are probably feeling pretty foolish right now.
It ain't over until the final buzzer of the final game! Just ask the kings

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy