• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cr00d

Abby in for game 6... Who draws out?

Rate this topic

Gotta imagine it'll be Bert or Sammy.

Bert, IMO, played a better game 5, but Sammy scored. It'll be interesting to see what Babs decides.. maybe Eaves comes out?

Thoughts?

Eaves played with spunk and fire.

Bert has been looking good.

Sammy scored.

Cleary was boarded. Maybe he needs rest. (I'm dreaming.)

No matter who he sits, there will be arguments for another.

My money's on Sammy sitting despite scoring.

We still have Tootoo in the box as well for forwards, as well as White and Cola for d-men.

No Griffs, but still some good depth. Not to mention, good veteran experience to advise the young ones on the ice, even if the advice is, "See him? Don't do that."

Bert and Sammy are starting to warm up, going into a must win at home I wouldn't take either of em out. I'd probably go with Emmerton since there's no way Babs will sit Dano out.

Emmerton wouldn't be a bad choice if you had Abby centering, the bottom line, but if Abby's going back with Pav and Z, who would you have on the bottom line?

I have to admit, I hadn't thought of Em. I thought briefly of Andersson, but really don't want to break up that line since they've been so good.

If it's Z-D-Abby on top, and Gus-Andersson-Nyquist on the 3rd, who's on 2nd and 4th?

(And why is this starting to sound like an Abbot and Costello routine? Or maybe an algebra problem.)

Emmerton is certainly an idea that merits consideration.

There is the option of moving franzen to center and moving fil down. It wouldn't really be a demotion if you played him with Bert and eaves. That's a pretty good looking line.

z pav abs

Sammy franzen Cleary

Eaves fil Bert

Brunner andersson nyquist

Between the third and fourth lines play which ever line is creating more scoring chance more often.

There is the option of moving franzen to center and moving fil down. It wouldn't really be a demotion if you played him with Bert and eaves. That's a pretty good looking line.

z pav abs

Sammy franzen Cleary

Eaves fil Bert

Brunner andersson nyquist

Between the third and fourth lines play which ever line is creating more scoring chance more often.

Not bad at all.

Fil has been playing better defensively than offensively. With Eaves and Bert, both of whom showed spark last game, that would be a good third line with potential for scoring.

I'm a bit concerned about the 2nd line, but whatchagonnado?

Emmerton. I guess he's good defensively.

Heck, Flip has been solid without the puck, but he kills a lot of offensive chances by being afraid to shoot the puck.

We were brutal on faceoffs, so I don't know who we can spare down the middle.

Mule, Pav, Bert

Nyquist, Hank, Brunner

Cleary, Flip, Eaves

Abby, Emmerton, Tootoo

Tootoo should be in to get momentum if needed. He could be a game changer. I believe we need to produce a lot of offense over three equal lines and we need a rough checker line. 4th line was just a bad joke this series. This would definitely change if Babcock put Abby, Emmeron und Toots together.

Topline only produced only one this series. Not enough. Pave and Mule played well together earlier this season. Same with Hank and Brunner. Didn't like Sammy's comeback. Bert played a lot better. Andersson is useless. Emmerton is way better and I want to see Hank and Flip in center position.

Edited by poel

Cleary should sit...he is always banged up and just plays through it...but now he is really banged up. We need healthy, rested bodies in there. I would play Tootoo over Cleary as well in game 6.

Please Emmerton! How he has been playing over Tatar this whole time is a mystery to me.

Since he was with GR at the end of the season (not sure when the deadline is) they have dibsies on him for the playoffs. If they're out, we get him.

The only way we get him up early is if we have no other options in the press box. So, with Abby back, three forwards have to get injured (or suspended). I'd rather wait for next year to see Tatar cuz you can't pick who gets injured.