• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

I liked the BFF line last year Bert, Flip and Franzen were a menace....still allows us offense on both top lines while Abby checks in for Emdog on the 4th.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#22 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Please Emmerton! How he has been playing over Tatar this whole time is a mystery to me.

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Please Emmerton! How he has been playing over Tatar this whole time is a mystery to me.

Seems they are more interested in winning the Calder Cup than the Stanley Cup.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#24 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Since he was with GR at the end of the season (not sure when the deadline is) they have dibsies on him for the playoffs.  If they're out, we get him. 

The only way we get him up early is if we have no other options in the press box.  So, with Abby back, three forwards have to get injured (or suspended).  I'd rather wait for next year to see Tatar cuz you can't pick who gets injured.

#25 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Emmerton out.  No question in my mind.  Sammy had a goal (although a gimme).  Bert has been very heavy on the puck and playing simple, low risk game.  Emmerton is a push (at best!) - not real good, not real bad.

ENJOY THE RIDE

#26 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

Emmerton out.  No question in my mind.  Sammy had a goal (although a gimme).  Bert has been very heavy on the puck and playing simple, low risk game.  Emmerton is a push (at best!) - not real good, not real bad.

Hope I'm not right but I'm pretty sure it will be Eaves...

#27 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Emmerton.

#28 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

I would take Emmerton out , not because he's been terrible it's just numbers.  Sammy has been fine, Bert has been fine, hell even Cleary has been alot better the last few weeks.  I would keep Sammy on the top line, I like the right handed shot with Z and D.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#29 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Given that Abdelkader is a winger, I don't see us sitting Emmerton, a center.  Besides, that would mean that we'd need to split up Z and Dats.  I'm guessing Sammy sits.

#30 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Bert has been amzing on the 4th line.  He as given us real depth and made that line really dangerous.  Really, we out match the Ducks on every line except the Getzlaf line (which is equal to the pav line). 

Move Bert up to the Filpula line, keep Sammi on the first, and put Abby on the 3rd and take out Emmerton.

#31 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Bert has been amzing on the 4th line.  He as given us real depth and made that line really dangerous.  Really, we out match the Ducks on every line except the Getzlaf line (which is equal to the pav line). 

Move Bert up to the Filpula line, keep Sammi on the first, and put Abby on the 3rd and take out Emmerton.

Who are your proposed centers?

#32 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Given that Abdelkader is a winger, I don't see us sitting Emmerton, a center.  Besides, that would mean that we'd need to split up Z and Dats.  I'm guessing Sammy sits.

Abdelkader is a center.

#33 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

He's a better winger than a center, and has played the wing almost exclusively this year.

He is however one of our better faceoff guys (or was last year) he should be a significant upgrade on Emmerton in that regard.

I think it all depends on how banged up cleary is after that hit last game.

#34 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Abdelkader is a center.

He has been in the past, but hasn't been used as one for the overwhelming majority of the year.  I think it's more than safe to assume he'd be put back on the same line he was on when he was suspended.  Why would he suddenly be used as a third or fourth line center when he's been a winger on the number 1 line nearly all year?

Edited by Zetts, 09 May 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#35 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Cam we find a way to give Tootoo some ice!

#36 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm not sure how anyone could want Abby anywhere other than the 1st line tomorrow.

The past two games the 1st line hasn't been able to sustain pressure in the offensive zone. They produced chances, but they rarely controlled the play. I want(ed) Bert on that line, but I think that is a long shot since he wasn't moved up the past two games.

#37 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

Bert would be my guess.

#38 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Lol equal? No I'd say their top line has been better.

But I agree 2 3 4 lines we have the advantage.

If perry stays in his slump and if we could get points out of z or fil I believe we can win this series yet no doubt in my mind. But those are some big ifs.

#39 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Babs.....Danny that was a big hit lat game and i dont think you have recovered so going to sit you for game 6

Danny C ....reaches into locker and pulls out Babs Pictures manilla folder

Babs ... Okay you start on first line

As much I admire Danny's heart we should sit him in favor of Abby
"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#40 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

Abdelkader is a center who also plays wing