49 replies to this topic

#41 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Abdelkader is a center who also plays wing

Babcock said long ago that he wants ABBY on the wing.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#42 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'm afraid Bertuzzi will sit, even though he provided much needed puck control and was dangerous around the net.  He just naturally gravitated there.  I'd like to see a fourth line of Bertuzzi-Emmerton-Eaves, leave the third line intact and put Abdelkader on the top line, and run with a second line of Filppula-Franzen-Samuellson.  

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#43 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don't see Bert sitting, especially after he's been playing the past 2 games. I would say that Sammy sits, or Emmerton as others have stated (very unlikely though). Although Sammy scored last game, Babcock told him to be Abby in Game 5. He stated that although net front presence wasn't Sammy's game, if he was going to play on a line with Pasha and Zett, he was going to have to play that role. Game 5 he didn't really improve after Babs bitched about it. Because of that, I see Abby taking Sammy's spot. No other line-up changes. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#44 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 788 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Despite Sammy scoring, I think he sits. It would be a mistake to not have Abby on the top line. Sammy just a further liability when not paired with Dats and Hank.

I'm really not sure actually, will be anxious to see what happens.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#45 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 788 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Per Khan, looks like Bert and Sammy are on the 4th line with Cory and Patty is out tonight.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#46 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hmm no Eaves

IPB Image

#47 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Emdog should be out because everyone else brings something more to the table (I got nothing against him, I like him) but he seems to have a spot set in stone.

Per Khan, looks like Bert and Sammy are on the 4th line with Cory and Patty is out tonight.

Nice, a little old and slow but I'd rather have vets in a do or die game. I don't imagine they'll stay on the same line all night.

Edited by Number19, 10 May 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#48 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Despite Sammy scoring, I think he sits. It would be a mistake to not have Abby on the top line. Sammy just a further liability when not paired with Dats and Hank.

I'm really not sure actually, will be anxious to see what happens.

In what universe would we have ever imagined this to be an acceptable statement?  Things are getting crazy!

• Ram likes this

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#49 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Bert has been amzing on the 4th line.  He as given us real depth and made that line really dangerous.  Really, we out match the Ducks on every line except the Getzlaf line (which is equal to the pav line). 

Move Bert up to the Filpula line, keep Sammi on the first, and put Abby on the 3rd and take out Emmerton.

Last game, our 4th line was HORRIBLE. The ducks dominated play and cycled everytime Bertuzzi was out there. You see something completely different than me. I think its more Eaves than Bertuzzi, but that 4th line was crap last game. Hope Eaves is out.

#50 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Last game, our 4th line was HORRIBLE. The ducks dominated play and cycled everytime Bertuzzi was out there. You see something completely different than me. I think its more Eaves than Bertuzzi, but that 4th line was crap last game. Hope Eaves is out.

That 4th line circa (last week of reg season ) would be fun to see again.