• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 6 GDT : Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4 (OT) - (Series Tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

Any reason for the change at all?

Think it's a marginal change. I wasn't overly impressed with Lashoff replacing double D's. Though neither seem to be as good.

Ian White must be a corpse.

Go Wings.

Does it make me a bad ducks fan rooting for the wings to win this game so I get to see a Game 7 that this series deserves?

I'll just say, you never pick your poison, but we'll gladly take the support.

The fact the Lashoff looked completely overwhelmed by the pace of the game the other night would be a start. I like the kid but he really needs to work on his footwork in the offseason.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive

Here are lines they're skating with: 40-13-8, 93-51-11, 14-63-24, 44-25-37; and on D; 55-52, 27-2, 28-4

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/at-the-morning-skate

I think we will see Sammy or Bert on that 2nd line before the end of the 1st period. I love that speed and energy of our kid line but it might be time to put a veteran with two of the kids. They tend to get caught up ice and we can't afford any freebies tonight.

If we had Helm and the Dark Knight, we would have swept.

Or Donkey Kong, he could clear some room out for our forwards.

Does it make me a bad ducks fan rooting for the wings to win this game so I get to see a Game 7 that this series deserves?

Not at all. Game 7's are the 2nd most exciting thing in the NHL playoffs, next to game 7 SCF OT.

Lashoff looks a little off out there lately. If Colo comes in and plays good, even I will stop hating on him. Hope he plays a good game and goes relatively unnoticed.

Lol neither score goals....

They sure do a good job keeping them out though. DeKeyser's stretch pass is awesome, and Helm is the best energy guy in the NHL. When you need a big shift, there he is.

Lashoff really impressed me this season, especially since I didn't expect him to be anything special. He was good in the regular season because he looked like he felt comfortable, but he hasn't seemed very comfortable in the playoff games he's played and it has resulted in a lot of mistakes.

It isn't a bad idea to add some veteran presence to such a young blueline.

They sure do a good job keeping them out though. DeKeyser's stretch pass is awesome, and Helm is the best energy guy in the NHL. When you need a big shift, there he is.

Helm is like our version of cogliano, who has been a spark plug for the ducks this series

Lashoff really impressed me this season, especially since I didn't expect him to be anything special. He was good in the regular season because he looked like he felt comfortable, but he hasn't seemed very comfortable in the playoff games he's played and it has resulted in a lot of mistakes.

Helm is like our version of cogliano, who has been a spark plug for the ducks this series

That's the exact same thing I was saying when the series started. I think in the game 1 GDT, I mentioned we needed Helm to counter Cogs' speed. That would be awesom to watch. Instead, he keeps burning us down the wing.

That's the exact same thing I was saying when the series started. I think in the game 1 GDT, I mentioned we needed Helm to counter Cogs' speed. That would be awesom to watch. Instead, he keeps burning us down the wing.

he is also slightly more dangerous with the puck than helm

Not at all. Game 7's are the 2nd most exciting thing in the NHL playoffs, next to game 7 SCF OT.

Lashoff looks a little off out there lately. If Colo comes in and plays good, even I will stop hating on him. Hope he plays a good game and goes relatively unnoticed.

I hadn't really made that connection before. Just imagine Helm receiving a stretch pass from DeKeyser. It's going to be breakout city if they ever get on the ice together.

Lashoff needs a full season of being put in dangerous situations to really warm up to playoffs. I mean, he played against bottom talent for the most part in the regular season, and suddenly in a back-and-forth season he's thrust into being targeted by the likes of Getlaf, Ryan and Perry. You can't really practice for playoffs, but a full season against some top offensive players would help him learn to handle pressure.

From the link a few posts back:

That's a real good question -- I asked myself the same question," Babcock said when asked if Eaves was out. "He's played good. He does what he's supposed to. Runs over people -- competitive, competitive guy. Because I know a little more insider information that I'm not sharing with [the media], I've got have to guys to cover up other people in case they can't survive. I did the same thing as you just asked -- it makes no sense to me, either."

Can anyone explain this to me or is there a typo or something in it?

I have a problem understanding things of which I can't make grammatical sense.

Edited to fix my own grammar. :blush:

Edited by 55fan

I hadn't really made that connection before. Just imagine Helm receiving a stretch pass from DeKeyser. It's going to be breakout city if they ever get on the ice together.

Lashoff needs a full season of being put in dangerous situations to really warm up to playoffs. I mean, he played against bottom talent for the most part in the regular season, and suddenly in a back-and-forth season he's thrust into being targeted by the likes of Getlaf, Ryan and Perry. You can't really practice for playoffs, but a full season against some top offensive players would help him learn to handle pressure.

Next season we shouldn't have to imagine it, we'll simply live in it's moment.

Babs' comments lead me to believe that the Wings are hiding an injury to a top 6-er & that he's keeping Bert & Sammy in to fill a top 6 role if that player goes down during the game.

I'm not sure, either. I think he's explaining how it doesn't make sense to bench a guy who has done everything right, but it had to be done. I don't understand the 'inside information' bit.

Babs' comments lead me to believe that the Wings are hiding an injury to a top 6-er & that he's keeping Bert & Sammy in to fill a top 6 role if that player goes down during the game.

Ok. Wonder if it's Cleary. I wondered why Sammy was on the 4th line rather than on the second, where he has shown that he would excel. Maybe Cleary is a game-time decision? Or this is a ruse and he'll be out, but they didn't want to show their true lines yet?

Or, as you say, if Cleary can't finish the game, Sammy could step up, but frankly, if I had doubts about Cleary finishing the game, I'd sit him and say, "Sorry, it's the playoffs. I need to roll 4 lines all game, especially with our tendency to go to OT."

BTW, I regret that I could give your post about "fear leads to hate, etc." only one like. I'd have given it 10 if I could.

eaves and lashoff out ... WTF .... 1st off eaves has been great for a 4th line player in my opinion and is always creating chances and shooting on net which we need ... were gonna take out a big player in lashoff and replace him with coliacovo(highly overrated in my opinion) who hasnt played in like a month and isnt as big or physical as lashoff can be on the ducks players

And babcock keeps samuelsson in whos been terrible and along with bertuzzi thats 2 players who barely played all year playing tonight

ill be rooting for detroit tonight but if they lose it wont be unexpected

i seriously dont get babcock sometimes ... too in love with these washed up veterans

and i just noticed bertuzzi and samuelsson will both be on the 4th line ... WOW thats what the line needs 2 old players whos barely played all year ya thats not asking for our 4th line to be a big minus tonight

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Guest The Axe

Rewatch the last game. Eaves not picking up his man off the faceoff tight enough = goal. Eaves shoving the puck into Smith's skates on the pp = turnover, penalty, ducks pp goal. He also missed 2 shots where he had net to shoot at for goals. So in effect, he was a negative 4 for us. He deserves to sit. We need tighter and less nervy play right now.

I don't think Lashoff was that good in game 5 so I don't mind switching that up. I wanted Cola in over Lashoff to begin with when Deke went down. As far as eaves being taken out, that kind of sucks because I agree he has been playing well and throwing everything at the net is what we need in a playoff game but it's not an easy decision when Bert was playing heavy on the puck last game and Sammy scored. The game isn't going to come down to these players anyways. If our big guns play great and get on the board a couple times and Jimmy is a brick wall, The 4th line and 3rd D pairing won't matter.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

Not a big fan of taking Eaves out. He has been pretty scrappy and creating chances on the 4th line. Not to mention, with Helm and Miller already missing, Eaves is very important to the PK.

Stoked to be heading to the Joe for this one tonight. This team isn't as skilled, but they never quit. Fully expect them to find a way to push this series to Game 7 on Sunday.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Rewatch the last game. Eaves not picking up his man off the faceoff tight enough = goal. Eaves shoving the puck into Smith's skates on the pp = turnover, penalty, ducks pp goal. He also missed 2 shots where he had net to shoot at for goals. So in effect, he was a negative 4 for us. He deserves to sit. We need tighter and less nervy play right now.

so one bad game and hes done?? hes been a great player for us on the 4th line ... putting samuelsson and bertuzzi there is a huge mistake and is giving cory emmerton more than hes gonna be able to handle

I don't think Lashoff was that good in game 5 so I don't mind switching that up. I wanted Cola in over Lashoff to begin with when Deke went down. As far as eaves being taken out, that kind of sucks because I agree he has been playing well and throwing everything at the net is what we need in a playoff game but it's not an easy decision when Bert was playing heavy on the puck last game and Sammy scored. The game isn't going to come down to these players anyways. If our big guns play great and get on the board a couple times and Jimmy is a brick wall, The 4th line and 3rd D pairing won't matter.

i was afraid people would get brainwashed especially babcock just because samuelsson scored on a rebound ... besides that play he did nothing since he returned and has played god awful