Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

WCQF Game 6 GDT : Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4 (OT) - (Series Tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

#801 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I've got to think Game 7 is ours to lose.  The only reason some of these games have been so close is due to boneheaded mistakes by the Wings.  Anaheim has been the better team for at least half (maybe more) of the series, but in such a low scoring series it seems like a lot of their goals from some ridiculous blind pass or stupid mistakes near the crease.  

If the hockey gods smile upon the Wings in Game 7, we can hopefully keep the Ducks from capitalizing on those mistakes.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#802 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wings need to play Game 7 like they played game 4

#803 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

Was listenning to the Team 1040 Vancouver tonite on my way to Dairy Queen after the game.(Burrp-excuse me)   When they asked which series they would all prefer to watch in Round 2, one of the guys said it wasn't so much as which series, rather which players.

"When it comes to playoff hockey, I have a man crush on Zetterberg and Datsyuk.  No one I'd rather watch than those two."

#804 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Quincey has been solid all series a couple turnovers but nothing like smith he's rattled. Rather have white play over him. I know he is a rookie and will have growing pains but this is game 7 not a learning experience

#805 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Just got home, and oh man I don't have a voice left after they played journey and Neil diamond
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#806 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Along with dats and Z, Howard was our best player tonight. I feel bad for him. He ended up with WAY too much added stress with all 3 goals coming off of defensive mistakes or dumb luck.
Aside from the third period in fame two, Howie has been rock solid. He has been giving Perry and selanne fits all series.
Datsyuk is just amazing to watch and Zetterberg is absolutely clutch. If franzen gets going we will be hard to stop

It's also really nice to see Abby back. We missed you bud

Edited by wingsfan4795, 10 May 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#807 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Quincey has been solid all series a couple turnovers but nothing like smith he's rattled. Rather have white play over him. I know he is a rookie and will have growing pains but this is game 7 not a learning experience

Agree. Smith isn't able to get it together mentally...put him back in the roster in the next round. High pressure Game 7 is not going to be pretty for this kid. 

Can they send him down? I know there was a post-deadline limit, but I'm not sure about the playoffs. Maybe a game or two with his old buddies in GR during some AHL playoff fun will get him back on track. 

#808 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

You can see the Duck's looking at that third line and saying, "Who the Eff are these guys?"

#809 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Relax people. Perry and Getzlaf are 2 of the best players in the WORLD. Smith is going to get beat sometimes. Any player not named Lidstrom is going to get beat sometimes. Let it go. He's 24.

#810 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

Relax people. Perry and Getzlaf are 2 of the best players in the WORLD. Smith is going to get beat sometimes. Any player not named Lidstrom is going to get beat sometimes. Let it go. He's 24.

Not sure if serious. One playoff series win since 2007.

#811 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

Awesome ... this team dug deep and had fight!  No brainfarts on Sunday and we can win this !!!

#812 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Just got home from work so Im yet to see the whole game but I watched the highlights, and I also got live text score update from the wings iphone app so when it was 1-1 in the third I said screw it and took my chefs coat off and threw my Zetterberg jersey on that I had hanging at the entrance of the kitchen and walked to my phone and immediately received a text of Z's Goaaaalllllllllllllllll!  It was epic to say the least, the Ducks gave a scare yet again but we force a game 7....Holy s***!!  Great series so far...see you Sunday kids 

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#813 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

I smell an upset perry being silenced will be story of series

Jimmy is owning perry

#814 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

If we somehow win this game, Ian White should play game 7.

Smith needs to sit unless a few guys get injured.

I can't say I disagree. I've been really sour on white, but smith has been downright disappointing. I'm also really upset with Quincey. I think it was lazy and gutless of him to attempt to draw a penalty instead of taking the initiative by trying to make a play. Who are the black aces that are available? Huskins would be nice to have.

#815 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

I can't say I disagree. I've been really sour on white, but smith has been downright disappointing. I'm also really upset with Quincey. I think it was lazy and gutless of him to attempt to draw a penalty instead of taking the initiative by trying to make a play. Who are the black aces that are available? Huskins would be nice to have.

Lashoff, White, and Cola were the backups.

#816 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

I smell an upset perry being silenced will be story of series

Jimmy is owning perry

I just hope this doesn't end up being a Patrick marleau sequel

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#817 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

........ Barry Melrose has picked Anaheim to win every time I've seen him make a prediction, now on sportscenter he is saying that Detroit was his upset team all along and they're going to win game 7. That man is a joke!

-Buppy

#818 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

He really did pick Detroit from the start of the playoffs. I was shocked.

........ Barry Melrose has picked Anaheim to win every time I've seen him make a prediction, now on sportscenter he is saying that Detroit was his upset team all along and they're going to win game 7. That man is a joke!

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#819 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

He really did pick Detroit from the start of the playoffs. I was shocked.

Did he? I didn't see his pre-playoff prediction, but each individual game I've seen he has picked the ducks.
Either way, I hope he's right for once!

-Buppy

#820 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

Did he? I didn't see his pre-playoff prediction, but each individual game I've seen he has picked the ducks.
Either way, I hope he's right for once!

Yea, his pre-playoff prediction was Wings in 7 which I was shocked to see. I guess he got lucky on that one haha but hopefully he is right.