Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

WCQF Game 6 GDT : Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4 (OT) - (Series Tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

#821 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Yea, his pre-playoff prediction was Wings in 7 which I was shocked to see. I guess he got lucky on that one haha but hopefully he is right.

time to break the every other game streak! I want to hear 0 foghorns on Sunday.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#822 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

If you can believe it, I had to leave right after the 3rd period.  I didn't want to, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed at the boys for the last few minutes of regulation.  Not too long after I received a text "HOLY s***!!!!!!"  Glad to see they had more tricks up their sleeve, even after that third period meltdown.  Let's hope they have one more trick up that sleeve on Sunday.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#823 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

I have criticized Hank to dust (even if he is by far by favorite Wing of all time after Steve), but game six should be an entry in "How to Captain a Team." Magnificent.

#824 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

I have to apologize for all my smith bashing all game. I use this forum as a way to vent my frustration and think of it like I'm talking to myself.

#825 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

I have to apologize for all my smith bashing all game. I use this forum as a way to vent my frustration and think of it like I'm talking to myself.

If I had posted all the stuff I was muttering to myself about Flip, I'd probably be banned on my first post.

#826 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Yea, his pre-playoff prediction was Wings in 7 which I was shocked to see. I guess he got lucky on that one haha but hopefully he is right.

Did he pick twice?  Because before the series started on the NHL network he picked the Ducks to win the series.  Needless to say the Wings fan base was happy as Barry is always wrong... 

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#827 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Its ok. I just wonder why people bash our up and comers who are actually fun to watch develop (Kindl, Smith, Emmerton) instead of the crappy guys (Bertuzzi, Eaves) who consistently do nothing every game but create a Ducks cycle. I cringe to think of the scenario where Dekeyser is like Ericsson. What if he's hot at the start and then takes his 3 to 4 years to get back to good after a few injuries and the league figuring out his weaknesses? Is everyone going to start pkling on him? I hope not.

#828 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Its ok. I just wonder why people bash our up and comers who are actually fun to watch develop (Kindl, Smith, Emmerton) instead of the crappy guys (Bertuzzi, Eaves) who consistently do nothing every game but create a Ducks cycle. I cringe to think of the scenario where Dekeyser is like Ericsson. What if he's hot at the start and then takes his 3 to 4 years to get back to good after a few injuries and the league figuring out his weaknesses? Is everyone going to start pkling on him? I hope not.

You used to be fun.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#829 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

This year every game has counted for the boys in Red....
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#830 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Exactly what about Smith has been fun to watch? He hasn't been playing well and it is simply being pointed out. I wouldn't call that "picking on" him. That shift he got his helmet knocked off, was running around like a decapitated chicken, stayed on waaayyyyyy too long, and ultimately got burned for a goal was especially brutal. Right now he is in over his head it appears.

Plenty of vets get flamed for there play when it is warranted. Did you miss all the vitriol for Cleary, White, Sammy, Mule, Flip(Tonight), Quincy etc.... If DD strings some bad games together in a row he will get flamed as well, but that hasn't happened. Lot's of the up & comers are getting tons of love lately. The 3rd line in particular has been freaking incredible.

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#831 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Exactly what about Smith has been fun to watch? He hasn't been playing well and it is simply being pointed out. I wouldn't call that "picking on" him. That shift he got his helmet knocked off, was running around like a decapitated chicken, stayed on waaayyyyyy too long, and ultimately got burned for a goal was especially brutal. Right now he is in over his head it appears.

Plenty of vets get flamed for there play when it is warranted. Did you miss all the vitriol for Cleary, White, Sammy, Mule, Flip(Tonight), Quincy etc.... If DD strings some bad games together in a row he will get flamed as well, but that hasn't happened. Lot's of the up & comers are getting tons of love lately. The 3rd line in particular has been freaking incredible.

Quincy coughed up the puck and it resulted in goal. Puck hit the post and bounced off of Smith... Another goal resulted due to Quincy being tripped and a penalty was not called.

It is not Smith's fault that the team does not a veteran core where he can be paired with a vet d-man.

Be critical where it is due, but do not lose sight of reality. This D is very young and the team in general is still learning how to play together as it has been patched together the entire season due to all the injuries.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#832 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Too drunk to post last night but dang

LET'S GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Nice to see Z bust out a big game.

Filppula had the best assist of the night : (

Howard was good

Need some luck going into game 7.

#833 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

I kind of agree with you, and I never like to bash players. I have had a little less tolerance than usual since its the playoffs and I know we're good enough to go far this year. Smith has been great since we brought him up last year, but he has made a lot of mistakes in the last 7 games. Ultimately no one "hates" him, and everyone is still really excited about him in the long run.
I don't understand what you're saying about Bert and eaves. Bert has made that fourth line a factor for the first time this series and eaves has played pretty well too.

I really hope people don't start hating on Deke. He is our future on the blue line

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#834 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Just because a guy is young should not mean he is above reporoach. Everyone in the organization was saying that smith belonged in the NHL while he was in the AHL. For an offensive defenseman, he has provided no offense while also being a liability on defense. His shortcomings look even worse when you see an undrafted kid like Dekeyser step into his role (although a different role than smith) and instantly make a difference. I am not saying that smith is terrible or that I don't like him. I think he'll be on one of our top pairings in the next year or two. However, he has not earned the right to play in the next game. It is understadable that a young defenseman will make mistakes, but we can't afford mistakes in a game 7. I really don't like white, but i feel he provides more defense than smith right now.

#835 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

The goal bouncing in off of Smith was terrible to see. He has been on the wrong side of too many plays in this series, but that was a bad bounce. I think he should sit for game 7. He clearly struggles and is a huge weak point in our defense. With game 7 being in Anaheim, you can bet they will put out their top line all over him. I don't know how bad White is, but I don't think he is worse than Smith.

40 for life.

#836 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

quincy and smith have been god awful this season. it's very disappointing to see how much smith has regressed this season. i haven't seen any evidence of this guy's supposedly great offensive instincts. not saying he's a bust yet, but he needs to show some drastic improvement next season.

the wings are very fortunate that they were able to get dekeyser in case smith turns out to be a complete bust.

quincy.. well i think he's a lost cause at this point.

#837 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Quincey has played well without the puck the past few games.  Most of the miscues were because of Smith or trips.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#838 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Quincey has played well without the puck the past few games.  Most of the miscues were because of Smith or trips.

his poor play with the puck far outweighs everything else. his turnover led to the ducks first goal yesterday. and when was the last time one of his shots from the point actually hit the net and not get blocked

#839 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

If someone would have told me before the season, that this team would make the playoffs and have almost overcome the 2 seeded team I'd have told them to stop dreaming. No matter what is happening tomorrow, the young guns took a big step forward which will be a huge key going forward.

All I really want is a RED WHITE Ducks-Arena, turn this beauty into a homegame for the Wings :-)=

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#840 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I do not like Quincey.  I agree with you guys.  He is the weakest link in the D and he NEVER gets the puck through to the net.  If there was to be a trade for a #1 guy, Quincey would be the odd guy out IMO. I hated Kindl early on and still don't think he was worth a #19 overall pick, but he has done well and has surpassed Q on the depth chart.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?