• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Ovechkin -- Laziest Play Ever

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96
Making an excuse for Ovy is wasting your breath (typing hands) because this is just one example of his outstandingly horrid back checking he has done. This is even worse because of playoff hockey. That's one thing on this forum i don't understand. You have a player like Crosby who is gifted at the sport and has the best hockey sense in the NHL yet he's more ridiculed then a player and an effort like this. Crosby has great respect for this game, Ovy has half as much....

Crosby's a great hockey player and he has worked hard to be one but he is a dirty, whining, diver who is a poor sport and sets a bad example to all his impressionable young fans.

Guest Crymson

Imagine a line with Ovechkin and Kovalev. I don't know who the 3rd lazy ass would be, but I'd love to see a line with 3 forwards that hang out between center ice and the oppositions blue line.

Make it Sergei Kostitsyn.

Lack of skill or execution is excusable, lack of effort is never excusable.

Putting yourself out of position because you are trying to stop a goal, is a hell of a lot different than not trying!

Two strides between the blue line and the goal and he is in range to lift the Rags player's stick. If he does that much and the goal goes in still, hey at least he tried.

I remember a failry similar play with Feds against LA in the playoffs, but I also remember a few plays like that from Mule, Nash, and many other players of different nationalities!

Russian born players are no more hard working or lazy than any other generalized nationality in the game!

I'd strip him of the C. This isn't the first time.

The only captain material on the Caps is Troy Brouwer. The Caps are so heartless.

Make it Sergei Kostitsyn.

:drunk: That's horrilby perfect!

Coach: It's practice time and a team meeting to follow, where's the Russian trio?

Players: Being awesome with Dany Heatley coach...

Putting yourself out of position because you are trying to stop a goal, is a hell of a lot different than not trying!

Two strides between the blue line and the goal and he is in range to lift the Rags player's stick. If he does that much and the goal goes in still, hey at least he tried.

I remember a failry similar play with Feds against LA in the playoffs, but I also remember a few plays like that from Mule, Nash, and many other players of different nationalities!

Russian born players are no more hard working or lazy than any other generalized nationality in the game!

Nope, but there's a few that take lazy to a whole new level. When I think of great Russians that played hockey the way it should be, I think the Red Army with Mikhailov, Kharlamov and Tretiak and the Russian 5. Those guys fought hard to give Russians a great name and guys like Ovie, Kovalev and Kostitsyn are lazy players and are often dummies outside of the rink too. I actually like Ovechkin, but sometimes he just begs to be hated.

The only captain material on the Caps is Troy Brouwer. The Caps are so heartless.

:drunk: That's horrilby perfect!

Coach: It's practice time and a team meeting to follow, where's the Russian trio?

Players: Being awesome with Dany Heatley coach...

Nope, but there's a few that take lazy to a whole new level. When I think of great Russians that played hockey the way it should be, I think the Red Army with Mikhailov, Kharlamov and Tretiak and the Russian 5. Those guys fought hard to give Russians a great name and guys like Ovie, Kovalev and Kostitsyn are lazy players and are often dummies outside of the rink too. I actually like Ovechkin, but sometimes he just begs to be hated.

backstrom...

please show me the video of mule doing that...

backstrom...

Are you seriously telling me you have never seen mule float through either offensive or the defensive zone?

It doesn't have to be as obvious as with Ovie, but Mule floats his way around the ice very very often!

I can show you countless examples of him floating all around the ice, I just have a hard time believing you have never seen it!?

backstrom...

I'm not sold on Backstrom. He's good, but without Ovie putting the puck in the net, how many assists does he lose? And I don't see him as much of a lead by example guy. Brouwer however does, and has since Jr.

Are you seriously telling me you have never seen mule float through either offensive or the defensive zone?

It doesn't have to be as obvious as with Ovie, but Mule floats his way around the ice very very often!

I can show you countless examples of him floating all around the ice, I just have a hard time believing you have never seen it!?

I have seen him float, but to compare anything he has done to what ovie did there is ridiculous. Franzen is much better defensively than ovie, even when he is floating

Guest Johnz96

Let's see them

Let's see them

Watch the last game, watch him enter the zone standing up, both zones not just the offensive zone. Watch him as he floats between face off dot and blueline in both zones. Standing straight up, not defending a passing lane, just coasting around the zone.

Sure it is not as severe as Ovies play but I said plays similar to that, if I was not clear that I meant floating then I apologize.

Mule is playing very hard hockey most of the time but still floats too much for me.

The point of my post was that players of all nationalities float, whether it is the game winning play or not or as obvious as Ovie's.

You'd risk upsetting the apple cart of what may very well soon become the most marketable hockey player in the world? (Given that it's Crosby's title now). Hockey is still a business, so I don't see him losing the 'C' anytime soon.

You'd risk upsetting the apple cart of what may very well soon become the most marketable hockey player in the world? (Given that it's Crosby's title now). Hockey is still a business, so I don't see him losing the 'C' anytime soon.

I see Ovechkin on TV more than Crosby

He could have prevented the goal if he tried

That will never happen

Guest Crymson

Please do provide us with a comparable example.

Ovechkin may be the worst Captain in the league. I haven't done an exhaustive check through the NHL but I can't imagine that there's anyone as uninspired as a leader. Is he talented? Is he exciting? Does he put up points? The answer to all of these things is a resounding yes, but none of that qualifies him as a captain. There are many good ways to be a leader but none of them include standing idly by and watching your teammates do all the work.

With some of his performances this year, including one of the most ridiculous dives I've ever seen, I've lost a ton of respect for Ovechkin. I've always enjoyed watching him play because he flies like a train off its tracks but, lately, he reminds me more of just a train wreck.

Edited by Resetti

Can you imagine Datsyuk or Zetterberg ever doing anything like this? Bear in mind, too, that this is the highest-paid player in the NHL. Yikes!

Why are we comparing Datsyuk and Zetterberg's D-game to Ovechkin's (or his lack thereof)? Datsyuk and Zetterberg are among the most defensively responsible forwards in the game today. They're two-way types, Selke material. On the other hand, it's no secret that Ovechkin is a lazy sonsabitch, possibly the least defensively responsible forward in the game today.

Ovechkin gets paid what he gets paid because he's a marketable star; he puts butts in the seats, he sells The Brand (Caps product, NHL product, ice hockey in general). And, more importantly (maybe) - when he's on, he's the single most dangerous, electrifying goal-scorer in the world. Scotty Bowman could turn him into the greatest player to ever play the game, but he's retired.

Crosby's the white knight. Ovechkin's the dark one. Very Sexy.

Edited by Dabura

And this guy gets the nod for Hart and Lindsay trophies, while a guy like Pasha works his ass off and gets nothing. Is it just me or does this not compute???

It would be really interesting to see how Ovi would operate being on the Wings with guys like Z and especially Pavs as his mentors. Then again Mule had Stevie, Z, Nick, Pavs, Drapes, Malts as examples and he only turns it on in the playoffs.

It doesn't matter if he's a scoring winger or not you don't give up on the play, EVER, especially with the game tied in the playoffs. He's the captain of the team too, doesn't show any kind of effort. That would be annoying to look at in the regular season with a 3-0 lead let alone a playoff game.

If you look at our captain Z last night, when he fell and the play looked pretty bad he got up off his ass and backchecked like you've never seen him before. That's how a captain plays, he sets an example for the rest of the team with his intensity, Ovechkin obviously did not.

And this guy gets the nod for Hart and Lindsay trophies, while a guy like Pasha works his ass off and gets nothing. Is it just me or does this not compute???

Be interesting to see if he gets a bit more love when we move to the East. 11 of the 15 nominees for the major trophies announced are from the East. Even TSN panellists are admitting there's an east coast bias.

So the other four Capital skaters cannot clear the zone, get back into position (to the point of colliding with each other), and stop the three Rags putting on a clinic... but it is Ovenchin's fault? Got it.

Apologist.