• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

is our draft position number 17?

Rate this topic

i checked the standings and from what i got our draft number looks 17th but not 100% sure can anyone confirm it? theres a few teams in the east with same pts but they got more wins so im guessing detroit goes before them

only way our draft number changes is if we made the cup finals right? everyone else stays the same in the nhl?

anyone know of a big potential power forward we can get in the top 17??? in my eyes were pretty set on defense and goal with mrazek we need some big bodies upfront

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

For playoff teams the draft number is organized by when you are eliminated from the post season. The Cup winner will be 30th, runner up will be 29th, Western Conference and Eastern Conference Champion runner ups will be 28th and 27th etc etc etc.

edit: we are currently slated for 17th this summer

Edited by Echolalia

I'm not sure where exactly we will land our first pick but I would love for Valentin Zykov to still be available for us. He's a big body (6'1", 215 lbs.) Russian, right winger that shoots right. He plays big and isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas to score goals or to make a play and is extremely strong on the puck. He played his first major junior season in the QMJHL this year for Baie-Comeau Drakkar and put up 75 points (40 goals, 35 assists) in 67 games, earning himself Rookie of the Year honors. This kid looks like the real deal.

Guest Crymson

Our best position is actually 18.

We are ahead of Ottawa because of ROW.

Incorrect. It is based upon playoff performance.

you 100% sure ?? i checked the draft rankings and nhl standings last year and it seemed to match regular season besides the obvious cup finals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_NHL_season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NHL_Entry_Draft

ottawa and washington has the least points of the teams that made it to the playoffs and got the 15th and 16th picks and washington made it to the 2nd round .... and sj and chicago were next up in the standings and drafted next as well

He said "best" draft position, which makes him correct, if we continue to advance in the playoffs it will only move our draft position down.

Technically you're correct we could potentially pick as high as 16th if both the Islanders and Senators made it to the conference finals, or 17 if either one of them makes it there. These are all of our potential positions in the draft.

30th (Stanley Cup Win)

29th(Stanley Cup Finalist)

28th(Conference Finalist if Ottawa or the Islanders also lose in the ECF),

27th(Conference Finalist),

18th, (If we lose in the 1st or 2nd round and so does Ottawa and the Islanders)

17th (If either the Islanders or the Senators make it to the conference finals)

16th (If both the Sens and Islanders make the conference finals)

Edited by FlashyG

Guest Johnz96

i checked the standings and from what i got our draft number looks 17th but not 100% sure can anyone confirm it? theres a few teams in the east with same pts but they got more wins so im guessing detroit goes before them

only way our draft number changes is if we made the cup finals right? everyone else stays the same in the nhl?

anyone know of a big potential power forward we can get in the top 17??? in my eyes were pretty set on defense and goal with mrazek we need some big bodies upfront

Our draft position depends on if we make it to the Conference Finals, SCF and who does also can impact our position

As long as Minnesota does NOT scoop up the guy I want right before Detroit is up....not saying Holland would for sure pick, lets say Mantha, but I will be so irate if Mantha is there and Minny snags him right before Detroit drafts....ARGH!

Of course, I would be even mad irate if Mantha is there and Holland takes some small-skilled Euro-type forward of a 6'3" 170lbs Swedish defenseman.... (just keep telling yourself, Lefty, Holland has changed, he knows he needs to change this team....ya...that's better!)

If one of these guys are available when we draft and Holland takes one, I will be happy!

Anthony Mantha

Kirby Rychel

Valetin Zykov

Ryan Pulock

Frederik Gauthier

Steve Santini

Madison Bowey

Of all those guys, ONE of them will have to be still there when Holland picks....PLEASE Mr. Holland, just say NO to Robert Haag...

anyway, barring a Hockey Gods miracle I do believe we will have a pick in the teens. But I really wouldn't mind it if we picked 30th! :D

edit: :lol: I had to change my original word, ****** to scoop because the word for grabbing someone really quick, kinda spelled like snack, but with a T and a H is filtered...that's funny! (although I see why)

Edited by LeftWinger

thanks for the replys guys ... i do think in the end theres a good chance we'll end up trading our 1st for like 2 2nds like we've done in the past ... alot of teams have 2-3 2nd round picks if im correct

i just hope we get some big bodies upfront

i dont know if hes draft eligible or we can just invite him to camp but im interested in 21 yr old undrafted stefan fournier

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=115921

6'3 210 pds he has 16 goals and 29 pts in 17 playoff games

Eligible players

All players who will be 18 years old before September 14 and not older than 20 years old before December 31 are eligible for selection for that year's NHL Entry Draft. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible

k that answers my question lol ... love to see us give fournier a try out and maybe sign him to grand rapids for a couple of years

thanks for the replys guys ... i do think in the end theres a good chance we'll end up trading our 1st for like 2 2nds like we've done in the past ... alot of teams have 2-3 2nd round picks if im correct

God, I hope NOT! I cannot stand trading the first rounder. I know Holland has scored in the later rounds, but its time to start keeping these 1st round picks. Having a pick in the teens is about the highest we are going to have (hopefully.)

Not unless Holland is going to opt for his small skilled player again and decides that he will be available in the 2nd round then we are screwed. The ONLY way I trade this 1st rounder is if we are trading it in a package for a sniper (or Shea Weber.) If not, then keep it.

Hmmm....what would it take to land Shea Weber?

I think with the # of contracts we have signed Holland is more likely to trade UP this season than Down.

:yowza: That would be interesting! How far would you see him realistically trading up? Who would go? Fil's rights would have to be the starting point for sure...

not to start a war or turn this into trade debates, but IMO the tradeable assest we have (outside of prospects, picks) are these:

Filppula, Franzen, Miller (before UFA,) Kindl, White (before UFA,) Coliaicovo, & Quincey...

Edited by LeftWinger

:yowza: That would be interesting! How far would you see him realistically trading up? Who would go? Fil's rights would have to be the starting point for sure...

I could see them moving up to the top 10 if there is someone available they covet.

We have so many prospects right now, that It would make sense swapping 2 picks for 1 further up if Flips rights aren't enticing enough.

God, I hope NOT! I cannot stand trading the first rounder. I know Holland has scored in the later rounds, but its time to start keeping these 1st round picks. Having a pick in the teens is about the highest we are going to have (hopefully.)

Not unless Holland is going to opt for his small skilled player again and decides that he will be available in the 2nd round then we are screwed. The ONLY way I trade this 1st rounder is if we are trading it in a package for a sniper (or Shea Weber.) If not, then keep it.

Hmmm....what would it take to land Shea Weber?

in 2011 we got jurco ouellet and sproul in the 2nd round... if we can pull off something like that id be down for it ... i really wish they would of traded ian white when they had the chance the last 2 drafts have been amazing and has great potential we could of used that extra pick

i just got the hockey news draft preview and theres some nice 30+ potenital guys

valentin zykov

justin bailey

hudson fasching

artturi lehkonen

dillon heatherington

brett pesce

as for shea weber i dont want anything to do with that contract and we have a ton of upcoming promising dmen in our system ... ouellet sproul backman marchenko jenson almquist

I could see them moving up to the top 10 if there is someone available they covet.

We have so many prospects right now, that It would make sense swapping 2 picks for 1 further up if Flips rights aren't enticing enough.

seriously doubt that would happen ... and if someones gonna give up a top 10 pick for filppula's rights they have to be 100 percent sure they can resign him

As long as Minnesota does NOT scoop up the guy I want right before Detroit is up....not saying Holland would for sure pick, lets say Mantha, but I will be so irate if Mantha is there and Minny snags him right before Detroit drafts....ARGH!

Of course, I would be even mad irate if Mantha is there and Holland takes some small-skilled Euro-type forward of a 6'3" 170lbs Swedish defenseman.... (just keep telling yourself, Lefty, Holland has changed, he knows he needs to change this team....ya...that's better!)...

Minnesota traded their 1st, so no worries there.

This doesn't seem like a great year for Euros, but Wennberg, de la Rose, or Hagg would be decent picks. They're guys I'd rather we target if we trade down, but they all sound good.

I'd like to see one of three things happen:

Trade up for Monahan or Nichushkin if he falls (maybe Lindholm or Shinkaruk, but only if we didn't have to give up much), Stay put for one of Pulock, Gauthier, Mantha, or Zykov (or any of the previous four), or trade down to add another 2nd-rounder. There's several players that should be available late-1st or early-2nd, and even into the 3rd.

...so, since we just made the final 8, I am assuming that the highest we will be able to draft is #22...correct me if I am wrong.

I think your logic's right, but the highest would be 23rd actually. (Eight teams from 23 to 30...one of those cases you have to add one when you subtract :tounge: )

Edited by Nevermind

...so, since we just made the final 8, I am assuming that the highest we will be able to draft is #22...correct me if I am wrong.

I believe it's only the final four that matter, so for now we're still in the same spot.