• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

As long as Minnesota does NOT scoop up the guy I want right before Detroit is up....not saying Holland would for sure pick, lets say Mantha, but I will be so irate if Mantha is there and Minny snags him right before Detroit drafts....ARGH!

Of course, I would be even mad irate if Mantha is there and Holland takes some small-skilled Euro-type forward of a 6'3" 170lbs Swedish defenseman....  (just keep telling yourself, Lefty, Holland has changed, he knows he needs to change this team....ya...that's better!)...

Minnesota traded their 1st, so no worries there.

This doesn't seem like a great year for Euros, but Wennberg, de la Rose, or Hagg would be decent picks. They're guys I'd rather we target if we trade down, but they all sound good.

I'd like to see one of three things happen:

Trade up for Monahan or Nichushkin if he falls (maybe Lindholm or Shinkaruk, but only if we didn't have to give up much), Stay put for one of Pulock, Gauthier, Mantha, or Zykov (or any of the previous four), or trade down to add another 2nd-rounder. There's several players that should be available late-1st or early-2nd, and even into the 3rd.

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

...so, since we just made the final 8, I am assuming that the highest we will be able to draft is #22...correct me if I am wrong.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#23 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

...so, since we just made the final 8, I am assuming that the highest we will be able to draft is #22...correct me if I am wrong.

I think your logic's right, but the highest would be 23rd actually. (Eight teams from 23 to 30...one of those cases you have to add one when you subtract :tounge: )

Edited by Nevermind, 13 May 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

:lol: Fuzzy Math Trickle Down Economics.... :D

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#25 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I believe it's only the final four that matter, so for now we're still in the same spot.