• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 7 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Ducks 2 - (DET wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Well, lets just worry about winning this game.

But that'll be brutal if we have to travel across the country again for Tuesday's game. And I'll end up missing it.

extra day of rest would be nice. but it would be a good opportunity to get a jump on the hawks, as they havent played all that great in round 1, and coming off an intense 7 game series, the first couple games IMO would be advantage us. they'l have been off for a few days, and would take a couple games to get back into beast mode. we've seen it time and time again in the past.

If the Capitals and Bruins close out tomorrow, the NHL will dodge a bullet with the crappy scheduling they created of having those teams potentially play games 6 and 7 back to back. What idiot thought of that setup?

Meanwhile, the Wings and Ducks have had no more than one day of rest at any point in this series. It seems unfair since these teams have travelled so much in this series.

If Anaheim wins the series, they'll at least have the luxury of staying home for game one.

Go wings! Was able to catch the last period and OT of the last game in the hotel room. Was shocked that it was carried over there on the East coast. Their wifi sucked s*** though lol. Staying up for this one and be a zombie at work tomorrow. Hope they win!

Game Seven Conference-Era Playoff Format (since 1993-94)
This is the 7th Game Seven in a Conference Playoff Series, with the Club's record in the previous 6 games:
4W-2L
This is the 3rd Game Seven in a Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L
This is the 3rd Game Seven in a Conference Quarter-finals, with the Club’s record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L
This is the 2nd Game Seven in a Conference Quarter-finals without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous game:
1W-0L
On This Day
May 12
This is the 6th playoff game played on this date, with the Club’s record in the previous 5 games:
2W-3L

This is the 2nd playoff game v. Anaheim played on this day, with the Club's record in the previous game:
0W-1L
LGW.

Some game 7 mojo to get us going.....goosebumps

What were the Wings doing on the Power Play? They were moving the puck to a more advantageous spot on the ice and not constantly settling for shots from the Blue Line. Is that even allowed?!?! I'm confused...

Why oh why is this game at 10PM on a Sunday?! This league will always be second rate, because they pull crap like this. Want people to watch your sport, how about putting big games at a reasonable start time for everyone.

Post of the day! 7pm ET would be ideal for all viewers.

It goes without saying, this is a huge game, for both clubs. Wings will be victorious!

Let's Go, Wings!!

Han(k) Solo Zetterberg will again be the hero. He's the man!!!

thanks for the cool GDT, G. You rock!!

It's impossible for me to watch that Yzerman game 7 double OT winner and not get goosebumps. I'm ready, drop the puck.

I watched that video right before the OT where Goose got the winner in OT. It just felt like the right thing to do.

Why oh why is this game at 10PM on a Sunday?! This league will always be second rate, because they pull crap like this. Want people to watch your sport, how about putting big games at a reasonable start time for everyone.

I was thinking the same thing. If it were in Detroit, we'd be tuning in in likely 1-2 hours. Bushleague Ducks.....bushleague!

Side note though, I texted my boss and got tomorrow off work :taunt:

I will be flying across the country today, with my plane landing right before puck drop. I won't be able to get to the hotel fast enough!

In the name of YFMB, please win. I'm not ready for hockey to be done yet. But regardless of what happens tonight, I'm proud of this team and what they were able to do to exceed my expectations this season. We have a lot of positives to look forward to!