• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 7 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Ducks 2 - (DET wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

That's an interesting 4th line. I don't ever recall Sammy playing center for the Red Wings in either stint here. The Ducks 4th line has been very good, so the Wings need to at least negate them.

How great would it be to have Helm centering the 3rd line and sliding Andersson down to the 4th? Completely changes the look of the team.

That's an interesting 4th line. I don't ever recall Sammy playing center for the Red Wings in either stint here. The Ducks 4th line has been very good, so the Wings need to at least negate them.

How great would it be to have Helm centering the 3rd line and sliding Andersson down to the 4th? Completely changes the look of the team.

Makes next season very exciting! Also having Danny D back in the lineup to. And all the experience the kids are getting now. Gonna be a much better team next season.

Edit: The thought of Nyquist/Helm/Brunner is just insane. That line would give teams headaches night in and night out.

Edited by marcaractac

I've been hard on the team in my few posts here, so I'll take a break today. The only thing better than game 7 is . . . game 7 later in the playoffs. This isn't a Stanley Cup year, so I'm going to enjoy this one. It's great experience for the younger guys, and it'll be even greater if they can dispatch a tough opponent on the road.

But I'm not going in with that expectation. The Ducks were the best team in the conference not named Hawks. They earned the 2 seed. The way I see it, they're the screw-ups who can't seem to put this series away. The Wings are playing with house money tonight.

Hopefully we get an early goal and make it stick for a while. Supposedly the Ducks are loose, but I have to think they'll start getting tight if they go behind, and can't solve Howard. They've come back before in the series, but that wasn't under game 7 pressure.

Either way, thankfully my first meeting on Monday isn't 'til 10.

Edited by IndianaRedWing

I've been hard on the team in my few posts here, so I'll take a break today. The only thing better than game 7 is . . . game 7 later in the playoffs. This isn't a Stanley Cup year, so I'm going to enjoy this one. It's great experience for the younger guys, and it'll be even greater if they can dispatch a tough opponent on the road.

But I'm not going in with that expectation. The Ducks were the best team in the conference not named Hawks. They earned the 2 seed. The way I see it, they're the screw-ups who can't seem to put this series away. The Wings are playing with house money tonight.

Hopefully we get an early goal and make it stick for a while. Supposedly the Ducks are loose, but I have to think they'll start getting tight if they go behind, and can't solve Howard. They've come back before in the series, but that wasn't under game 7 pressure.

Either way, thankfully my first meeting on Monday isn't 'til 10.

They say they're loose, but would you be? This was supposed to be an easy series for them, but the wings have given them fits all series long. They're going to come out at least as tight and careful as they were in game six. If anything, the wings are the team that is loose. Let's steal one here boys!

I was thinking that too. Seems like a risky move to put someone at center with no experience at the position from what I recall. A defensive zone faceoff in a close game could be huge.

He won't take any D zone faceoffs unless they ice it

Sammy gets to play center, yet I never got to see that Downey/Lilja/McCarty line I was begging for in 2008.

:sleepy:

Come on Babcock.

Eaves would be better at centre than Sammy

I think Babcock is just grasping at straws.

Fact is, our 4th line has been awful in this series, while Anaheim's 4th line has been incredible.

He's trying to give us a boost with this line. We'll see if it works.

I was thinking that too. Seems like a risky move to put someone at center with no experience at the position from what I recall. A defensive zone faceoff in a close game could be huge.

Can have datsyuk/andersson out there for the face off and make a change when you clear the zone.

Hell they may even double shift datsyuk with the 4th line. It's game 7, I really doubt they'll be given a lot of ice time.