• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 7 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Ducks 2 - (DET wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Hey, how many times have the Wings in the past been resting for a week waiting for an opponent then come out flat for the first couple games? Everything points in our favor here when it comes to x-factor's...sure they will be the favs, but we all know all too much, how quickly a giant falls down when overconfident.

Good news is, ya we went 0-4 this year against them, BUT two games were SO loses and one was OT. We play well against Chicago and with our momentum, we will not go down without a fight...I am not going to pick a winner of the series because who knows what will happen now, all I will say is I am going with the Wings until the lose that 4th game....IF they ever lose it!

The thing that scares me about Chicago isn't just their record or talent, it's that they work their asses off. Every game I saw them in this year, I was just impressed, plain and simple. It was no surprise at all that they kept winning games because they had talent and they worked hard. It's one thing to have a ton of talent and coast on it in the regular season, but if you have the work ethic to match it, that's scary. Maybe I just saw some flukey games, but like I said, every game I saw was just purely impressive. They are a very, very good hockey team right now. There will be no shame if we were to lose the series to them in my mind.

The last time we saw the Hawks guys like Abdelkader, Nyquist and Franzen were not playing like they have in the playoffs and Zetterbeard and Datsyuk are in full post season beast mode.

Keating just made a good point. Babcock put on a coaching show. Absolutely outcoached Boudreau. It was like he was holding back this secret weapon until we really needed it. And his faith in the kids in Games 5 and 6 paid off huge!

Babcock showing a lot of faith in Brunner having him out there a fair amount at the end.

Keating just made a good point. Babcock put on a coaching show. Absolutely outcoached Boudreau. It was like he was holding back this secret weapon until we really needed it. And his faith in the kids in Games 5 and 6 paid off huge!

Agreed.

getting this team into the playoffs and then outdueling Boudreau. It's crazy he hasn't won a Jack Adams.

Why the hell is John Keating all in Babs personal space? I am waiting for Babs to punch him in the big fat head....back off jack!

I miss Ray Lane...

GCL cuts it off as soon as the game ends, I have to wait till the wings post the interviews on their website to watch theinterviews... because I obviously didn't pay enough for the damn hockey package to watch it online right?

Babcock showing a lot of faith in Brunner having him out there a fair amount at the end.

Agreed.

getting this team into the playoffs and then outdueling Boudreau. It's crazy he hasn't won a Jack Adams.

lol remember the "is babcock the right coach going forward" thread? lmao i may just go re-read it for kicks :)

He deserves like 5 jack adams by now

Agreed.

might

My Mom was losing her s*** at the end of the game. Then she did the most ridiculous happy dance in front of the TV and started pointing and saying "HAHA Losers" When she saw Perry on his knees. If I recorded it and put it on Youtube, it would be the greatest video of all time lol but I wasn't fast enough.