• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 7 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Ducks 2 - (DET wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

It feels so good to get this win and knock the Ducks out one final time while we're in the West! We played a tremendous game tonight, and this was a great series overall despite our tendency to blow leads. I also liked that the refs really let them play tonight, and obviously that ended up playing to our advantage.

Zetterberg....what more can you say, this man is the heart of our team. Even though Chicago seems scary, I feel like we have nothing to lose. With Z, D, and Howard all playing well along with our 3rd and 4th lines rolling, we could really put up a good fight and maybe even take them out.

Happy for this team, proud of this team. I like that we've got so many young guys as I think it's our wildcard that could come up big, and thus far, they've been real solid. This was a real fun series to watch, though at times painful and agonizing, but in the end, a lot of fun. I wasn't sure we'd win the series at the start, but I had a feeling we'd take game 7 once we got to it, because these guys are just really working hard out there.

I'm scared of Blackhawks...but at least Datsyuk will have descent ice to work with.

And hey, remember when we beat the Avs 7-0 near the end of the regular season and then they beat us in the playoffs? Maybe we'll reverse it!

I'm scared of the Blackhawks.

But you never know...

The thing that scares me about Chicago isn't just their record or talent, it's that they work their asses off. Every game I saw them in this year, I was just impressed, plain and simple.

Ok, but how do you feel about Chicago? ;)

So long Anal-heim. I definitely won't miss seeing Getzlaf's whining about every offside, penalty, and non-penalty. Keeping Perry scoreless through the whole series had to do wonders for his huge ego as well. Great game boys, bring on the Hawks!

Our young guys are growing up fast, I watched Cleary give Brunner a speech on the bench early in the 3rd and for the rest of the game I watched Brunner make the right play every time.

5 points in 7 games, and a veteran presence on the bench. Maybe, just maybe, Babs knows what he's doing ;)

Awesome performance by the boys.

It's been close to an hour since the game ended, but I still keep finding myself pacing around my room with my heart racing. I don't think I'll be going to sleep any time soon.

Screw it! I'm in my last month of my senior year in high school anyway.

Go Wings! Fuel my senioritis!

:w00t2: < that emoticon perfectly describes how I'm feeling right now

So long Anal-heim. I definitely won't miss seeing Getzlaf's whining about every offside, penalty, and non-penalty. Keeping Perry scoreless through the whole series had to do wonders for his huge ego as well. Great game boys, bring on the Hawks!

$135,000,000 and 16 years well spent!

it is still possible to see an original 6 Cup final

5 of 6 are still in it

of course by the end of tomorrow it will go down by at least 1, maybe 2

when was the last time all 6 original 6 made the playoffs?does anyone know?

Not a lot to complain about, a rarity in a game 7. I thought that Colaiacovo played a very strong game.

His diving pokecheck on the speedster Emerson Etem was outstanding

when was the last time all 6 original 6 made the playoffs?does anyone know?

I checked a couple weeks ago. I think it was '97 or somewhere around there

Made me think of this:

If your volume is up, language warning in this clip. (f bomb)

:lol: I am glad you changed the wording from you original post..after what happened earlier to me, I was looking all over my post for the F-Bomb I was getting warned about! :lol: