• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 7 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Ducks 2 - (DET wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

starwarslgwcopy.jpg

RED WINGS PROJECTED LINE-UP

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Franzen - Filppula - Cleary

Nyquist - Andersson - Brunner

Eaves - Samuelsson - Bertuzzi

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Smith

Kindl - Colaiacovo

Howard

DUCKS PROJECTED LINE-UP

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry

Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano

Beleskey - Bonino - Selanne

Palmieri - Steckel - Etem

Souray - Beauchemin

Fowler - Lovejoy

Allen - Sbisa

Hiller

Guest irishock

Babcock needs to demote Cleary and put Bert on the 2nd line.

Edited by irishock

You're warped, Gord. I'd hate to see what you'd do with Rocky Horror.

Wings must win this one. (Duh)

I want to see EVERY SINGLE WING with at least 10 shots on goal (preferably not the one with Jimmy in the crease) and I want to see EVERY SINGLE WING playing strong defensively.

I also want to see Bert bite off Perry's head and spit it out, but since that would be at least a 4 minute penalty, I'd like to see it when we're up by no less than 12 goals, although with the officiating we've been seeing, he might just get away with it.

You're warped, Gord. I'd hate to see what you'd do with Rocky Horror.

Wings must win this one. (Duh)

I want to see EVERY SINGLE WING with at least 10 shots on goal (preferably not the one with Jimmy in the crease) and I want to see EVERY SINGLE WING playing strong defensively.

I also want to see Bert bite off Perry's head and spit it out, but since that would be at least a 4 minute penalty, I'd like to see it when we're up by no less than 12 goals, although with the officiating we've been seeing, he might just get away with it.

If he holds a press conference and shed some tears, he may get the suspension reduced

Wings PK better be perfect or near perfect, I sense a huge make-up game from the refs for the Ducks. Bettman probably called personally and yelled for no Duck's PPs last game and told refs to reverse it for game 7.

I also am going to go out on a limb, if we score more goals than Ducks... we win. :)

Very well done! I cracked up at the exclusive bonus material portion.

Game 7 in the playoffs -- doesn't get much better than this. Been an entertaining and close series the first six games, expect nothing less tomorrow. The ice is probably going to be very bad, which makes it crucial the Red Wings clean up the passing in their own zone. They can't afford defensive breakdowns and handing the Ducks goals. It's a tough lesson to learn quickly for inexperienced players, but they need to have a killer instinct for all 60 minutes.

Don't really have a gut feeling either way. I was confident the Red Wings would win Game 6 and have a shot to steal this series. No matter what, this group of guys has given us a lot to be proud of this season.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Wings in 7! Fear the Zetterbeard. If they make round 2, a Monty Python and the Holy Grail GDT would be sweet. Spinal Tap could work too, but it might be a stretch.

I have a feeling the Wings' post shots start going in, and the Eurotwins carry the team to victory.

Any idea when Round 2 would start, providing we win this game?

I'm guessing Tuesday, but wasn't sure.

if Toronto or new York win tomorrow, they will play game 7s on Monday, so it probably won't start till Wednesday.

Let's Go Wings!

May 4 goals be with you (and zero with them).

You aim too low. 7 goals and we will forever refer to the ducks goal as Jonas Roy

if Toronto or new York win tomorrow, they will play game 7s on Monday, so it probably won't start till Wednesday.

You aim too low. 7 goals and we will forever refer to the ducks goal as Jonas Roy

The poster before you said Tuesday. I'm inclined to agree with him, but you may be right.

I know the NBA will often start a series in round 2, while there's still a game seven to be played in another series in round 1. But that only happens if its in a different conference.

Not sure they do the same in the NHL.

The poster before you said Tuesday. I'm inclined to agree with him, but you may be right.

I know the NBA will often start a series in round 2, while there's still a game seven to be played in another series in round 1. But that only happens if its in a different conference.

They never start a series while an earlier round is still in progress, but I have seen them play the next day. It could be Tuesday, I was just speculating

From what ive read earlier, chicago is starting tuesday night regardless. the teams who would have to play game 7 monday would just start their round 2 wednesday

From what ive read earlier, chicago is starting tuesday night regardless. the teams who would have to play game 7 monday would just start their round 2 wednesday

The United Center is booked Friday for Heat/Bulls game 6 so I would assume its Tuesday-Thursday (to avoid a back-to-back Wed/Thr or two days off Wed/Sat).