Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

WCQF Game 7 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Ducks 2 - (DET wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

if Toronto or new York win tomorrow, they will play game 7s on Monday, so it probably won't start till Wednesday.

You aim too low. 7 goals and we will forever refer to the ducks goal as Jonas Roy

The poster before you said Tuesday.  I'm inclined to agree with him, but you may be right.  

I know the NBA will often start a series in round 2, while there's still a game seven to be played in another series in round 1.  But that only happens if its in a different conference.

Not sure they do the same in the NHL.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

The poster before you said Tuesday.  I'm inclined to agree with him, but you may be right.  

I know the NBA will often start a series in round 2, while there's still a game seven to be played in another series in round 1.  But that only happens if its in a different conference.

They never start a series while an earlier round is still in progress, but I have seen them play the next day. It could be Tuesday, I was just speculating

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#23 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

From what ive read earlier, chicago is starting tuesday night regardless. the teams who would have to play game 7 monday would just start their round 2 wednesday

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well, lets just worry about winning this game.

But that'll be brutal if we have to travel across the country again for Tuesday's game.  And I'll end up missing it.  

#25 redwings8831

redwings8831

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

From what ive read earlier, chicago is starting tuesday night regardless. the teams who would have to play game 7 monday would just start their round 2 wednesday

The United Center is booked Friday for Heat/Bulls game 6 so I would assume its Tuesday-Thursday (to avoid a back-to-back Wed/Thr or two days off Wed/Sat).

#26 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Well, lets just worry about winning this game.

But that'll be brutal if we have to travel across the country again for Tuesday's game.  And I'll end up missing it.  

extra day of rest would be nice. but it would be a good opportunity to get a jump on the hawks, as they havent played all that great in round 1, and coming off an intense 7 game series, the first couple games IMO would be advantage us. they'l have been off for a few days, and would take a couple games to get back into beast mode. we've seen it time and time again in the past.  

#27 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

If the Capitals and Bruins close out tomorrow, the NHL will dodge a bullet with the crappy scheduling they created of having those teams potentially play games 6 and 7 back to back.  What idiot thought of that setup?

Meanwhile, the Wings and Ducks have had no more than one day of rest at any point in this series.  It seems unfair since these teams have travelled so much in this series.   

If Anaheim wins the series, they'll at least have the luxury of staying home for game one.    

#28 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Some game 7 mojo to get us going.....goosebumps 

Edited by puckbags, 12 May 2013 - 12:29 AM.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#29 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

It's impossible for me to watch that Yzerman game 7 double OT winner and not get goosebumps. I'm ready, drop the puck.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

http://www.detroitne...S0103/305120317

lolz

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

Go wings! Was able to catch the last period and OT of the last game in the hotel room. Was shocked that it was carried over there on the East coast. Their wifi sucked s*** though lol. Staying up for this one and be a zombie at work tomorrow. Hope they win!

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

Game Seven Conference-Era Playoff Format  (since 1993-94)
This is the 7th Game Seven in a Conference Playoff Series, with the Club's record in the previous 6 games:
4W-2L

This is the 3rd Game Seven in a Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L

This is the 3rd Game Seven in a Conference Quarter-finals, with the Club’s record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L

This is the 2nd Game Seven in a Conference Quarter-finals without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous game:
1W-0L

On This Day
May 12
This is the 6th playoff game played on this date, with the Club’s record in the previous 5 games:
2W-3L

This is the 2nd playoff game v. Anaheim played on this day, with the Club's record in the previous game:
0W-1L

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Should be a classic. Please dear God no OT, I can't take much more of that.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Some game 7 mojo to get us going.....goosebumps 

What were the Wings doing on the Power Play? They were moving the puck to a more advantageous spot on the ice and not constantly settling for shots from the Blue Line. Is that even allowed?!?! I'm confused... 

#35 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

Why oh why is this game at 10PM on a Sunday?! This league will always be second rate, because they pull crap like this. Want people to watch your sport, how about putting big games at a reasonable start time for everyone.  

#36 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Why oh why is this game at 10PM on a Sunday?! This league will always be second rate, because they pull crap like this. Want people to watch your sport, how about putting big games at a reasonable start time for everyone.  

Post of the day! 7pm ET would be ideal for all viewers.

#37 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Do or die.  This is where men are made.  LGW. 

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

great gdt flashy!! :)

wings win 4-2

filppula scores to try and redeem himself, mule, datsyuk, and bert score

cogliano, and etem get the game losing goals for the quacks

#39 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Since the Pens moved on yesterday they really should move this game up to their time slot.  Of course they won't, but they should.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#40 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

It goes without saying, this is a huge game, for both clubs.  Wings will be victorious! 

Let's Go, Wings!!

Han(k) Solo Zetterberg will again be the hero.  He's the man!!!

thanks for the cool GDT, G.  You rock!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever