• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 7 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Ducks 2 - (DET wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

For once it's nice to know that this years WIngs are not an entirely veteran team who might run out of gas as the playoffs progress. All of those young rookies on our team make bonehead plays at times, but their energy level may be what drives us deeper into the playoffs.

I'm calling it...

Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs for the Cup ....that is if the leafs win Monday night......

This would be my dream come true. We almost saw it once...2002 I think? but Carolina made it in instead. Epic way to start an awesome eastern division rivalry and set up the outdoor game...we are getting ahead of ourselves haha...

Couldn't be more happier!!!! Way to fight through this series and come out on top. I do have to say though, I was really impressed with the Etem kid he looked good all series long. And what can you say about mr clutch aka Z!!!! when we needed him to step up he steps up!!!

Some thoughts from last night since I wasn't posting during game:

Why did Franzen get the dual penalty for the scrum? And even the Duck who was put in wasn't even the guy who threw a punch (I think it was Allen trying to punch one of the Wings (not even Franzen)... horrible cleanup and penalizing of that fight by the refs.

I thought the boarding call that got called on Wings mid game was a bad call, it looked like barely a hit.

This round should surely put to rest the talk about Ryan being a good fit for this team. He was invisible during almost the entire series; and from what I've been told by certain Ducks fans, this happens often.

Is there any player in the NHL that is worthy of playing for the red wings in your opinion?

Guest Crymson

Is there any player in the NHL that is worthy of playing for the red wings in your opinion?

Certainly!

This round should surely put to rest the talk about Ryan being a good fit for this team. He was invisible during almost the entire series; and from what I've been told by certain Ducks fans, this happens often.

Shakey logic there.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Corey Perry starts his summer today. Eddie Olczyk makes an appearance as well.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Did anyone else notice Kronwall shaking hands with his left hand only in the handshake line? As if his right hand is hurting?

I expected a lot more push, and a lot more chippyness from the Ducks, even more than the end of Gm 6...I guess you can't blame them for not having the same amount of respect for the 2013 version as the earlier Wing's teams they've faced.

Guest Crymson

Corey Perry starts his summer today. Eddie Olczyk makes an appearance as well.

Edzo also makes an appearance here:

Shakey logic there.

Not if you ask fans of the Ducks. Ryan apparently has a habit of disappearing for long stretches.

Guest Crymson

For those who want to relive it:

The FSN Pacific team was gushing about Ericsson and Kronwall. They really did play a hugely solid game.

Did anyone else notice Kronwall shaking hands with his left hand only in the handshake line? As if his right hand is hurting?

Most likely it's just a custom of his. Handshakes don't hurt, and no hurt at all was apparent in his play last night.

Edited by Crymson

For those who want to relive it:

The FSN Pacific team was gushing about Ericsson and Kronwall. They really did play a hugely solid game.

They are such biased announcers during the game, but they always give credit where credit is due after the game. I don't know if it's their method of justifying a loss or if they were just instructed to be major homers during the game, but they always tell it like it is after the game