• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingsRox

Any pickins from the Canucks carcass?

Rate this topic

So, the big news here locally is that the Canucks are going to press 'reset' ... whatever that means. There is cry for any and everyone including trade the Sedins. Just wondering if you guys think there is anyone here that might be able to solidify the Wings next year? Only possibility might be Edler or Burrows. Edler - Swedish, maybe he can do well in our system? Burrows is a feisty forward

No to Booth, Raymond, Ballard, Bieska.

Guest irishock

I'd do Howard, Datsyuk and Nyquist for Kesler, Burrows, Edler and Luongo--- assuming Pavel doesn't re-sign

Would be an NBA-type trade but hey

Edited by irishock

Ryan Kesler? Him Fil and Franzen on a line could be a sick second line.

I assumed Kesler and the twins would be untouchable.

I'd do Howard, Datsyuk and Nyquist for Kesler, Burrows, Edler and Luongo--- assuming Pavel doesn't re-sign

Would be an NBA-type trade but hey

Really? I don't think I would. I want Dats to retire a Red Wing ... couldn't handle seeing him in another uniform. I'd try to get him to sign a short extension 2-3 years if he wants to play a little longer. But even if we don't get a single thing back for not trading him if he decides to retire in 2014, I still wouldn't pull the trigger on him. He is too fun to watch.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Guest irishock

Really ... I don't think I would. I want Dats to retire a Red Wing ... couldn't stand to see him in another uniform. Even if we don't get a single thing back for not trading him if he chooses to play one more and retire.

Best case scenario would be Pavel re-signing for 3 years. We'd have 4 more chances at Stanley Cup #12 before a legitimate rebuild.

I just can't imagine the current core of Z, Kronwall and Howard-- sans Datsyuk-- winning a playoff series.

Edited by irishock

Alex Edler would top my list assuming the ginger twins are untouchable.

Ballard isn't half bad.. considering how much he sacrifices his body to block shots and plays a physical game. Really would like to see a full season out of our rooks first though before bringing in a ton of D.

Elder and Kassian. Top pairing D-man added to what we already have and the Wings D will be formidable for years!!

Kassian for much needed grit.

Holland would be done after just those two moves!

I watch those jokers all the time and there is no one on that team I want as a red wing. Kessler dividedthe locker room this year and he is too much of a weirdo to be on the wings.

They all have piss poor attitudes and don't have enough class. There is a reason they got swept this year.

Edler and Kassian is about all I'd be interested in. Problem is Edler is the keystone to their blue line and they're unlikely to move him, and Kassian is young and part of their reset, so also unlikely to be moved.

I'd entertain Bieksa though.

Edler would be my top choice but they not going to move him.

Bieksa with DeKe or Smith sounds nice.

Kessler as a 2nd line center instead of Flip anytime.

Kassian would be a huge addition for bottom six lineups... could end up playing on the top two lines just like Kader

I don't get all the kesler love. It seems like he makes an ass of himself every time we play the 'nucks. I remember him saying something to the tune of kronwall should have to fight if he's going to be throwing big hits. Keep in mind, he even said that the hit wasn't dirty, but kronwall should answer for it anyway. Plus, kesler said he was an avalanche fan, living in livonia. We all remember those kids from school, they were little d-bags.

I don't get all the kesler love. It seems like he makes an ass of himself every time we play the 'nucks. I remember him saying something to the tune of kronwall should have to fight if he's going to be throwing big hits. Keep in mind, he even said that the hit wasn't dirty, but kronwall should answer for it anyway. Plus, kesler said he was an avalanche fan, living in livonia. We all remember those kids from school, they were little d-bags.

And he went to Ohio State. Screw that whiney ass diving *****.