• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingsRox

Any pickins from the Canucks carcass?

Rate this topic

Alex Edler would top my list assuming the ginger twins are untouchable.

Ballard isn't half bad.. considering how much he sacrifices his body to block shots and plays a physical game. Really would like to see a full season out of our rooks first though before bringing in a ton of D.

Edler would be good, but we'd need to send someone back cause of our logjam. Isn't Backman a lot like Edler though?

I'd love Kassian, or Raymond to play with Helm and Tootoo.

Well, I have beaten this drum for a long time now. Franzen for Burrows...

1. Franzen - He would re-ignite his career by playing with his countrymen The Sedins. Sammy went there and scored 35 goals playing with them, Franzen quite possibly could top 40 goals on that line. Plus with Franzen's playoff history, this could also intrigue Vancouver into taking on that "Serious Contract." Franzen will NEVER hit 40 goals here, he may never see 30 again here...this is a no-brainer for Vancouver.

2. Burrows - Its already been said that he is a feisty forward that works hard for the puck and has been very comparable to Franzen in the regular season. The hope would be that his feistiness would be a bigger asset to this team than Franzen. We are definitely in need of feistier forwards that fight for their space on the ice, and its well documented that Franzen lacks that most nights on this team. Burrows on the top line with Hank and Pav would be something that our team could use and yes, he could top 30 goals again possibly 40 here. His cap is a bit more than Franzen's but with other moves Holland should make, it would make it easier to take.

This trade is a win-win for both teams. It may not happen one for one, but Holland would be stupid to not make this deal if it presented itself, as would Vancouver.

I would think that The Sedin's, Kesler & Edler are the untouchables there. Not that I would want any of them BTW...

Edler would be good, but we'd need to send someone back cause of our logjam. Isn't Backman a lot like Edler though?

I'd love Kassian, or Raymond to play with Helm and Tootoo.

While those are two good ideas, our needs are to find top 6 talent to take care of our obvious scoring problems up there. I think that our bottom 6 is in very good shape for years to come... As is our D.

Edler only, if we can get him without trading any top pieces (Danny D, Nyquist, Tatar, etc) so unlikely. I don't know enough about Kassian to feel one way or another. Kesler and Burrows are Getzlaf and Perry-lite, no thanks.

kesler looks a shadow of himself lately.

The only way you can identify Kesler's shadow, is that it dives too.

Well, I have beaten this drum for a long time now. Franzen for Burrows...

1. Franzen - He would re-ignite his career by playing with his countrymen The Sedins. Sammy went there and scored 35 goals playing with them, Franzen quite possibly could top 40 goals on that line. Plus with Franzen's playoff history, this could also intrigue Vancouver into taking on that "Serious Contract." Franzen will NEVER hit 40 goals here, he may never see 30 again here...this is a no-brainer for Vancouver.

2. Burrows - Its already been said that he is a feisty forward that works hard for the puck and has been very comparable to Franzen in the regular season. The hope would be that his feistiness would be a bigger asset to this team than Franzen. We are definitely in need of feistier forwards that fight for their space on the ice, and its well documented that Franzen lacks that most nights on this team. Burrows on the top line with Hank and Pav would be something that our team could use and yes, he could top 30 goals again possibly 40 here. His cap is a bit more than Franzen's but with other moves Holland should make, it would make it easier to take.

This trade is a win-win for both teams. It may not happen one for one, but Holland would be stupid to not make this deal if it presented itself, as would Vancouver.

I would think that The Sedin's, Kesler & Edler are the untouchables there. Not that I would want any of them BTW...

While those are two good ideas, our needs are to find top 6 talent to take care of our obvious scoring problems up there. I think that our bottom 6 is in very good shape for years to come... As is our D.

Agreed, so we don't require any Cansucks players. I'd rather wait it out to try and get Clarkson or Ryder.

keslerhallway.jpg

:hysterical: I almost spit my drink on my laptop.

You know when teams have something in the tunnel for inspiration that they all touch on the way out for good luck.....? I guess that is the Canucks good luck charm. Too bad it led to a sweep on the bad end.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Gillis and the nuck's are hoping Kassian is going to be a force in a few years- ideally a top six forward, and they tried him a couple times this year with the Sedins. It was the year after their cup run when MG decided he needed his own version of Milan Lucic.

Edited by PuckY18

The only way you can identify Kesler's shadow, is that it dives too.

Agreed, so we don't require any Cansucks players. I'd rather wait it out to try and get Clarkson or Ryder.

:hysterical: I almost spit my drink on my laptop.

You know when teams have something in the tunnel for inspiration that they all touch on the way out for good luck.....? I guess that is the Canucks good luck charm. Too bad it led to a sweep on the bad end.

OMG this is hilarious. I didn't even think about that.

Guest Crymson

Kassian please.

Would give us an added dimension on the 4th line. And he's only 22.

Canucks fans appear to consider him untouchable in much the same way that we consider Helm to be so.

Wouldn't be a trade but Roy would be nice. He's small which is a major downside, but he's also a pure sniper

He has scored more than 30 goals once in his career, and that was long ago. He's not a pure sniper.

I don't get all the kesler love. It seems like he makes an ass of himself every time we play the 'nucks. I remember him saying something to the tune of kronwall should have to fight if he's going to be throwing big hits. Keep in mind, he even said that the hit wasn't dirty, but kronwall should answer for it anyway. Plus, kesler said he was an avalanche fan, living in livonia. We all remember those kids from school, they were little d-bags.

Yeah Kesler has always come off as a ****** on the ice and not someone I hope the Wings go after. Just water cooler talk but I've heard he was a dick IRL as well.

I don't get all the kesler love. It seems like he makes an ass of himself every time we play the 'nucks. I remember him saying something to the tune of kronwall should have to fight if he's going to be throwing big hits. Keep in mind, he even said that the hit wasn't dirty, but kronwall should answer for it anyway. Plus, kesler said he was an avalanche fan, living in livonia. We all remember those kids from school, they were little d-bags.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. That team has no character, including him. He was cleared by the doctors to play along time ago but seemed to save himself for the playoffs and everyone was wondering why he wasn't playing. When asked about it, he'd always give bulls***, condescending replies that made no sense.

The Vancouver media is ready to let Edler go. I do not want him as a Wing. He is a puck moving Dman that doesn't seem too concerned about exactly which team on the ice he is moving the puck to. Very inconsistant, hasn't seemed to improve over the last few years.

Bieksa is a strong physical presence that is not smart enough to know what to do with himself. He has a bad attitude, blames everyone except the man in the mirror. No thank you.

Kassian has potential...but we'd better get him before they ruin him.

I think we all realize the Sedins have no place on this team for many reasons, including the camparison of (Dats Vs Perry) and (Sedin Vs Marchand--which is exactly the moment when the Canucks "Jumped the Shark"--pathetic--we want a leader, not a hockey glove eater)

Edited by T.Low

Guest Playmaker

The cleaning house thing is always a fan reaction to a poor season, but rare on the management side.

The cleaning house thing is always a fan reaction to a poor season, but rare on the management side.

I did hear someone from Canucks management say they need to change their team and make it more physical. He said the NHL game has become more physical and the Canucks need to likewise change. I believe he said this on the NHL Network after the Canucks were eliminated. Your guess as good as mine if anything will result from these comments or what it means for the Wings.

The idea of trading Datsyuk for any of those plugs is just absolute nonsense. Stop it, seriously.

Kassian or Edler...even Bieksa wouldn't be bad to have but the asking price for any of them would be absurd and I just don't want them bad enough that I'd want to give anyone good up for them.

Burrows bites, we don't have room for the Sedins and their declining production, and the thought of Kesler diving around the ice in a Wings jersey makes me feel physically ill.

Edited by Ally

The idea of trading Datsyuk for any of those plugs is just absolute nonsense. Stop it, seriously.

Kaddish or Edler...even Bieksa wouldn't be bad to have but the asking price for any of them would be absurd and I just don't want them bad enough that I'd want to give anyone good up for them.

Burrows bites, we don't have room for the Sedins and their declining production, and the thought of Kesler diving around the ice in a Wings jersey makes me feel physically ill.

Apparently I'm only allowed to like this post once....