• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Edler would be my top choice but they not going to move him.

Bieksa with DeKe or Smith sounds nice.

Kessler as a 2nd line center instead of Flip anytime.

Kassian would be a huge addition for bottom six lineups... could end up playing on the top two lines just like Kader
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#22 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

I don't get all the kesler love. It seems like he makes an ass of himself every time we play the 'nucks. I remember him saying something to the tune of kronwall should have to fight if he's going to be throwing big hits. Keep in mind, he even said that the hit wasn't dirty, but kronwall should answer for it anyway. Plus, kesler said he was an avalanche fan, living in livonia. We all remember those kids from school, they were little d-bags.

#23 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

kesler looks a shadow of himself lately.

#24 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

I don't get all the kesler love. It seems like he makes an ass of himself every time we play the 'nucks. I remember him saying something to the tune of kronwall should have to fight if he's going to be throwing big hits. Keep in mind, he even said that the hit wasn't dirty, but kronwall should answer for it anyway. Plus, kesler said he was an avalanche fan, living in livonia. We all remember those kids from school, they were little d-bags.

And he went to Ohio State.  Screw that whiney ass diving *****.

#25 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Definitely Edler. I was hoping he made it to free agency this summer.

Kronwall - Ericsson
Edler - DeKeyser
Kindl - Smith

Amnesty Quincey. Still have Lashoff and Colaiacovo for depth.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#26 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

And he went to Ohio State.  Screw that whiney ass diving *****.

This, Edler or Kassian but other than that nothing else interests me. Sign Stalberg and one of Horton/Clarkson and call it an off-season...

#27 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm with the 'No to Kesler' camp.  He is fragile, erratic, arrogant, and a diver.  He apparently has a 'beast' mode but it only came out in game 2 ... was pretty silent in game 3 and 4.  No thanks.  

#28 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

No thanks on Kesler or the Sedins.  Especially Kesler.  I never liked him.  Like everyone else says though, Kassain would be a nice addition to have but idk what we'd have to offer. 

#29 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Alex Edler would top my list assuming the ginger twins are untouchable. 

Ballard isn't half bad.. considering how much he sacrifices his body to block shots and plays a physical game. Really would like to see a full season out of our rooks first though before bringing in a ton of D.

Edler would be good, but we'd need to send someone back cause of our logjam.  Isn't Backman a lot like Edler though?

I'd love Kassian, or Raymond to play with Helm and Tootoo.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#30 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

keslerhallway.jpg

#31 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

keslerhallway.jpg

Disturbing :scared:

#32 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well, I have beaten this drum for a long time now.  Franzen for Burrows...

1. Franzen - He would re-ignite his career by playing with his countrymen The Sedins.  Sammy went there and scored 35 goals playing with them, Franzen quite possibly could top 40 goals on that line.  Plus with Franzen's playoff history, this could also intrigue Vancouver into taking on that "Serious Contract."  Franzen will NEVER hit 40 goals here, he may never see 30 again here...this is a no-brainer for Vancouver.

2. Burrows - Its already been said that he is a feisty forward that works hard for the puck and has been very comparable to Franzen in the regular season.  The hope would be that his feistiness would be a bigger asset to this team than Franzen.  We are definitely in need of feistier forwards that fight for their space on the ice, and its well documented that Franzen lacks that most nights on this team.  Burrows on the top line with Hank and Pav would be something that our team could use and yes, he could top 30 goals again possibly 40 here. His cap is a bit more than Franzen's but with other moves Holland should make, it would make it easier to take.

This trade is a win-win for both teams. It may not happen one for one, but Holland would be stupid to not make this deal if it presented itself, as would Vancouver.

I would think that The Sedin's, Kesler & Edler are the untouchables there. Not that I would want any of them BTW...

Edler would be good, but we'd need to send someone back cause of our logjam.  Isn't Backman a lot like Edler though?

I'd love Kassian, or Raymond to play with Helm and Tootoo.

While those are two good ideas, our needs are to find top 6 talent to take care of our obvious scoring problems up there. I think that our bottom 6 is in very good shape for years to come... As is our D.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#33 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Edler only, if we can get him without trading any top pieces (Danny D, Nyquist, Tatar, etc) so unlikely.  I don't know enough about Kassian to feel one way or another. Kesler and Burrows are Getzlaf and Perry-lite, no thanks.

#34 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

kesler looks a shadow of himself lately.

The only way you can identify Kesler's shadow, is that it dives too.

Well, I have beaten this drum for a long time now.  Franzen for Burrows...

1. Franzen - He would re-ignite his career by playing with his countrymen The Sedins.  Sammy went there and scored 35 goals playing with them, Franzen quite possibly could top 40 goals on that line.  Plus with Franzen's playoff history, this could also intrigue Vancouver into taking on that "Serious Contract."  Franzen will NEVER hit 40 goals here, he may never see 30 again here...this is a no-brainer for Vancouver.

2. Burrows - Its already been said that he is a feisty forward that works hard for the puck and has been very comparable to Franzen in the regular season.  The hope would be that his feistiness would be a bigger asset to this team than Franzen.  We are definitely in need of feistier forwards that fight for their space on the ice, and its well documented that Franzen lacks that most nights on this team.  Burrows on the top line with Hank and Pav would be something that our team could use and yes, he could top 30 goals again possibly 40 here. His cap is a bit more than Franzen's but with other moves Holland should make, it would make it easier to take.

This trade is a win-win for both teams. It may not happen one for one, but Holland would be stupid to not make this deal if it presented itself, as would Vancouver.

I would think that The Sedin's, Kesler & Edler are the untouchables there. Not that I would want any of them BTW...

While those are two good ideas, our needs are to find top 6 talent to take care of our obvious scoring problems up there. I think that our bottom 6 is in very good shape for years to come... As is our D.

Agreed, so we don't require any Cansucks players.  I'd rather wait it out to try and get Clarkson or Ryder.

keslerhallway.jpg

:hysterical: I almost spit my drink on my laptop.

You know when teams have something in the tunnel for inspiration that they all touch on the way out for good luck.....?  I guess that is the Canucks good luck charm.  Too bad it led to a sweep on the bad end.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler, 12 May 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#35 PuckY18

PuckY18

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Gillis and the nuck's are hoping Kassian is going to be a force in a few years- ideally a top six forward, and they tried him a couple times this year with the Sedins.  It was the year after their cup run when MG decided he needed his own version of Milan Lucic.

Edited by PuckY18, 12 May 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#36 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

The only way you can identify Kesler's shadow, is that it dives too.

Agreed, so we don't require any Cansucks players.  I'd rather wait it out to try and get Clarkson or Ryder.

:hysterical: I almost spit my drink on my laptop.

You know when teams have something in the tunnel for inspiration that they all touch on the way out for good luck.....?  I guess that is the Canucks good luck charm.  Too bad it led to a sweep on the bad end.

OMG this is hilarious.  I didn't even think about that.

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Kassian please.  

Would give us an added dimension on the 4th line.  And he's only 22.  

Canucks fans appear to consider him untouchable in much the same way that we consider Helm to be so.

Wouldn't be a trade but Roy would be nice. He's small which is a major downside, but he's also a pure sniper

He has scored more than 30 goals once in his career, and that was long ago. He's not a pure sniper.

#38 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah Kesler has always come off as a ****** on the ice and not someone I hope the Wings go after.  Just water cooler talk but I've heard he was a **** IRL as well.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#39 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Kassian, Bert AND tootoo? Damn

If Bert is on this roster next year Holland seriously needs to go.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#40 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.  That team has no character, including him.  He was cleared by the doctors to play along time ago but seemed to save himself for the playoffs and everyone was wondering why he wasn't playing.  When asked about it, he'd always give bulls***, condescending replies that made no sense. 

The Vancouver media is ready to let Edler go. I do not want him as a Wing.   He is a puck moving Dman that doesn't seem too concerned about exactly which team on the ice he is moving the puck to.  Very inconsistant, hasn't seemed to improve over the last few years.

Bieksa is a strong physical presence that is not smart enough to know what to do with himself.  He has a bad attitude, blames everyone except the man in the mirror.  No thank you.

Kassian has potential...but we'd better get him before they ruin him. 

I think we all realize the Sedins have no place on this team for many reasons, including the camparison of (Dats Vs Perry) and (Sedin Vs Marchand--which is exactly the moment when the Canucks "Jumped the Shark"--pathetic--we want a leader, not a hockey glove eater)

Edited by T.Low, 12 May 2013 - 02:28 PM.