• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

The cleaning house thing is always a fan reaction to a poor season, but rare on the management side. 

#42 Sabaton617

Sabaton617

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

The cleaning house thing is always a fan reaction to a poor season, but rare on the management side. 

I did hear someone from Canucks management say they need to change their team and make it more physical.  He said the NHL game has become more physical and the Canucks need to likewise change.  I believe he said this on the NHL Network after the Canucks were eliminated.  Your guess as good as mine if anything will result from these comments or what it means for the Wings.

#43 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

If were trading Dats we better be getting AT LEAST two Sedins in return.

Posted Image

#44 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'd be down with acquiring Kassian.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#45 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

The idea of trading Datsyuk for any of those plugs is just absolute nonsense. Stop it, seriously.
Kassian or Edler...even Bieksa wouldn't be bad to have but the asking price for any of them would be absurd and I just don't want them bad enough that I'd want to give anyone good up for them.
Burrows bites, we don't have room for the Sedins and their declining production, and the thought of Kesler diving around the ice in a Wings jersey makes me feel physically ill.

Edited by Ally, 14 May 2013 - 05:50 PM.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#46 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

We need toughness as well. How would we get that from them?

#47 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

The idea of trading Datsyuk for any of those plugs is just absolute nonsense. Stop it, seriously.
Kaddish or Edler...even Bieksa wouldn't be bad to have but the asking price for any of them would be absurd and I just don't want them bad enough that I'd want to give anyone good up for them.
Burrows bites, we don't have room for the Sedins and their declining production, and the thought of Kesler diving around the ice in a Wings jersey makes me feel physically ill.

Apparently I'm only allowed to like this post once.... 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#48 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

On HFBoards/Canucks, one poster responded to today's Allain Vineualt (sp?) firing by stating, "I'm so happy I could riot".  Classic.

#49 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Alain Vigneault is out.

I'm not surprised.

#50 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

that's too bad. he was a good coach but I am not surprised at all

Posted Image

#51 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Alain Vigneault is out.

I'm not surprised.

After reports all over the universe about his firing, still no word from the Canuck organization.  When contacted, according to Team 1040 Vancouver, AV says he was made aware days ago.

#52 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

After reports all over the universe about his firing, still no word from the Canuck organization.  When contacted, according to Team 1040 Vancouver, AV says he was made aware days ago.

Press Conference is now.

#53 TigerDan

TigerDan

Goon

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

not sure if I'd want to go the trade route, as we seem to have some big pieces of the future in place.   We need to re-sign Brunner and keep him, Andersson, Nyquist, Kindl and DeKeyser.  I would like to see them keep Smith, Lashoff and Tatar too.  We also need to keep Z, Dats and Kronner and probably Big E at this point. I also think we need to keep Ab and Helm.  I'm sure if they were willing to part with anyone, they'd be asking for one or more of these players.  It would be nice to see someone take Franzen's contract off our hands, but with the cap declining, I don't think anyone would......and if they did, we'd get nothing in return making it pointless.

So, that leaves who?  Flip, Bert, Cola, Eaves (or is he a free agent?), Emmerton, Miller (free agent too?), Quincy, teletubby, Sproul, Ferraro and a few other long term prospects.  I'm not sure what anyone would really give us for anyone here that adds value right now.

I think best case: go after some scoring on the free agent market this offseason (ie. Clarkson or Horton).  Keep the youngsters and get them playing.  With any luck, they can develop into a solid core before we lose Dats. 

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season. What with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him? Whhelll, I guess that's more than most 21 year olds could handle."

#54 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Wow.  Listenning to the presser, Gillis can't take the heat, he needs to get out of the kitchen.  This is embarrassing.

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Well, I have beaten this drum for a long time now.  Franzen for Burrows...

1. Franzen - He would re-ignite his career by playing with his countrymen The Sedins.  Sammy went there and scored 35 goals playing with them, Franzen quite possibly could top 40 goals on that line.  Plus with Franzen's playoff history, this could also intrigue Vancouver into taking on that "Serious Contract."  Franzen will NEVER hit 40 goals here, he may never see 30 again here...this is a no-brainer for Vancouver.

2. Burrows - Its already been said that he is a feisty forward that works hard for the puck and has been very comparable to Franzen in the regular season.  The hope would be that his feistiness would be a bigger asset to this team than Franzen.  We are definitely in need of feistier forwards that fight for their space on the ice, and its well documented that Franzen lacks that most nights on this team.  Burrows on the top line with Hank and Pav would be something that our team could use and yes, he could top 30 goals again possibly 40 here. His cap is a bit more than Franzen's but with other moves Holland should make, it would make it easier to take.

This trade is a win-win for both teams. It may not happen one for one, but Holland would be stupid to not make this deal if it presented itself, as would Vancouver.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#56 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

A big no to Kesler for me, he's embarrassing out there.  Also as someone who lives in BC and watches a lot of Canuck games I would say no to Edler.  I don't think people hear realize how bad he has been since the playoffs last year.  He has some offense but is very poor on defence and can't give a breakout pass to save his life.  He had many turnovers that lead directly to goals this season.

Hamhuis is the only Canuck that would really interest me.  Very good defensively and is capable of putting up 30 points a year.

#57 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Wow.  Listenning to the presser, Gillis can't take the heat, he needs to get out of the kitchen.  This is embarrassing.

Apparently the whining in Vancouver goes all the way to to the top.

Gillis certainly bears a healthy share of responsibility for what's gone on there.  

#58 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'm actually shocked that Gillis hasn't been fired yet. I'm guessing he's on a short leash.

IPB Image

#59 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'm actually shocked that Gillis hasn't been fired yet. I'm guessing he's on a short leash.

I'm guessing its his fault that they have an AHL team and no where to put them?  How does that happen?

I think I've seen them on Hastings St. with the rest of Vancouver's homeless.

#60 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

I don't know how Gillis keeps his job.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams