• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingsRox

Any pickins from the Canucks carcass?

Rate this topic

Alain Vigneault is out.

I'm not surprised.

After reports all over the universe about his firing, still no word from the Canuck organization. When contacted, according to Team 1040 Vancouver, AV says he was made aware days ago.

not sure if I'd want to go the trade route, as we seem to have some big pieces of the future in place. We need to re-sign Brunner and keep him, Andersson, Nyquist, Kindl and DeKeyser. I would like to see them keep Smith, Lashoff and Tatar too. We also need to keep Z, Dats and Kronner and probably Big E at this point. I also think we need to keep Ab and Helm. I'm sure if they were willing to part with anyone, they'd be asking for one or more of these players. It would be nice to see someone take Franzen's contract off our hands, but with the cap declining, I don't think anyone would......and if they did, we'd get nothing in return making it pointless.

So, that leaves who? Flip, Bert, Cola, Eaves (or is he a free agent?), Emmerton, Miller (free agent too?), Quincy, teletubby, Sproul, Ferraro and a few other long term prospects. I'm not sure what anyone would really give us for anyone here that adds value right now.

I think best case: go after some scoring on the free agent market this offseason (ie. Clarkson or Horton). Keep the youngsters and get them playing. With any luck, they can develop into a solid core before we lose Dats.

Well, I have beaten this drum for a long time now. Franzen for Burrows...

1. Franzen - He would re-ignite his career by playing with his countrymen The Sedins. Sammy went there and scored 35 goals playing with them, Franzen quite possibly could top 40 goals on that line. Plus with Franzen's playoff history, this could also intrigue Vancouver into taking on that "Serious Contract." Franzen will NEVER hit 40 goals here, he may never see 30 again here...this is a no-brainer for Vancouver.

2. Burrows - Its already been said that he is a feisty forward that works hard for the puck and has been very comparable to Franzen in the regular season. The hope would be that his feistiness would be a bigger asset to this team than Franzen. We are definitely in need of feistier forwards that fight for their space on the ice, and its well documented that Franzen lacks that most nights on this team. Burrows on the top line with Hank and Pav would be something that our team could use and yes, he could top 30 goals again possibly 40 here. His cap is a bit more than Franzen's but with other moves Holland should make, it would make it easier to take.

This trade is a win-win for both teams. It may not happen one for one, but Holland would be stupid to not make this deal if it presented itself, as would Vancouver.

A big no to Kesler for me, he's embarrassing out there. Also as someone who lives in BC and watches a lot of Canuck games I would say no to Edler. I don't think people hear realize how bad he has been since the playoffs last year. He has some offense but is very poor on defence and can't give a breakout pass to save his life. He had many turnovers that lead directly to goals this season.

Hamhuis is the only Canuck that would really interest me. Very good defensively and is capable of putting up 30 points a year.

Wow. Listenning to the presser, Gillis can't take the heat, he needs to get out of the kitchen. This is embarrassing.

Apparently the whining in Vancouver goes all the way to to the top.

Gillis certainly bears a healthy share of responsibility for what's gone on there.

I'm actually shocked that Gillis hasn't been fired yet. I'm guessing he's on a short leash.

I'm guessing its his fault that they have an AHL team and no where to put them? How does that happen?

I think I've seen them on Hastings St. with the rest of Vancouver's homeless.