• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Zetterberg's Slap shot

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

I didn't notice that. Perhaps it was a mistake? Either way, the childish behavior gets old fast. How about you both agree to disagree.

Im not phazed a bit. I love how this guy thinks he's the hockey authority. The funny thing is that there are way more than 3 shots. I can think of a lot of different ones:

1) slap shot (MacInnis)

2) wrist shot (Yzerman)

3) backhand shot (Zetterberg)

4) dangle shot (Datsyuk)

5) snap shot (Messier)

6) half slap shot (Robitaille)

7) bat shot (Gretzky)

8) redirect shot (Holmstrom)

9) pass shot (Lidstrom)

10) chop shot [backhanded slapper] (Lemieux)

Im not phazed a bit. I love how this guy thinks he's the hockey authority. The funny thing is that there are way more than 3 shots. I can think of a lot of different ones:

1) slap shot (MacInnis)

2) wrist shot (Yzerman)

4) dangle shot (Datsyuk)

5) snap shot (Messier)

7) bat shot (Gretzky)

9) pass shot (Lidstrom)

hahahahaha this cannot be real. I'll go ahead and say 4 shots and separate the snap and wrist even though they are very similar.

So you get 1,2,3, and 5.

4 = deke (not a shot)

6 = slap shot

7 = ?? baseball? I'm not quite sure

8 = tip (not a shot)

9 = pass

10 = still a backhand, but i could see allowing that one to be loosely called a different shot

Edited by Mitchmac33

1) slap shot (MacInnis)

2) wrist shot (Yzerman)

4) dangle shot (Datsyuk)

5) snap shot (Messier)

7) bat shot (Gretzky)

9) pass shot (Lidstrom)

Lol I've been showing this discussion to a few buddies of mine. You are one funny kid. You should add "love shot" or something to your made up fantasy list of shots in hockey.

hahahahaha this cannot be real. I'll go ahead and say 4 shots and separate the snap and wrist even though they are very similar.

So you get 1,2,3, and 5.

4 = deke (not a shot)

6 = slap shot

7 = ?? baseball? I'm not quite sure

8 = tip (not a shot)

9 = pass

10 = still a backhand, but i could see allowing that one to be loosely called a different shot

It's just so funny man.

Edited by kickazz

OK, I'll weigh in. There are really only 4 SHOTS: Slap, Wrist, Snap and Backhand. Everything else is a hockey move or skill play (dekes, tips, etc.). I think the point of it is, if you have possesion of the puck there are only a four basic things you can do: Shoot, Pass, Deke or dump in (or turn it over, I guess, but that's just a fail of one of these four). If you're shooting, you can take one of these 4 shots.

Now, who is a better shooter? here are my thoughts:

The thing I think is missing from this argument is weighing the shots. Since they are both forwards, the wrist shot would be most commonly used and therefore should cary the most weight. So, while Z may have a better slap shot, Dats having a better wrist shot carries more weight. If they were both defensemen, the weights would be reversed. This is why Dats pretty much always has a better shooting percentage than Z. However, Z takes more shots, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

In the end, why argue? Just be glad both of these guys are wearing the Winged Wheel.

Fantasy land.

OK, I'll weigh in. There are really only 4 SHOTS: Slap, Wrist, Snap and Backhand. Everything else is a hockey move or skill play (dekes, tips, etc.). I think the point of it is, if you have possesion of the puck there are only a four basic things you can do: Shoot, Pass, Deke or dump in (or turn it over, I guess, but that's just a fail of one of these four). If you're shooting, you can take one of these 4 shots.

Now, who is a better shooter? here are my thoughts:

The thing I think is missing from this argument is weighing the shots. Since they are both forwards, the wrist shot would be most commonly used and therefore should cary the most weight. So, while Z may have a better slap shot, Dats having a better wrist shot carries more weight. If they were both defensemen, the weights would be reversed. This is why Dats pretty much always has a better shooting percentage than Z. However, Z takes more shots, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

In the end, why argue? Just be glad both of these guys are wearing the Winged Wheel.

Agreed, I've been trying to say the same thing as you (almost) , that Z has one of the better slap shots. HENCE the name of this thread... Then Axe started trolling and claiming Dats has best slap shot blah blah so I kept humoring him especially after he started making up shots. Anyways point being of the original post: Zet has an amazing slap shot and should use it more often such as the ones in game 6 vs. Anaheim.

Edited by kickazz

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.