• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

I think if we eventually see Jarnkrok and Datsyuk regularly centering lines in the top 6 we see Z rekindle his scoring touch on the wing. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#22 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

I agree that Pav has a better wrister than slap shot and vice versa for Hank.

But Pav's shot, in general, is fairly inaccurate (in my opinion). I know that he can absolutely pick a corner sometimes (see game 4), but many times Pav will have an open shot and blast it wide and/or high. Then again, he is not a sniper.

he isn't a goal scorer, I don't know if you knew that. But have you seen the guy stick handle? some people call him the magician

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Pavel is deadly accurate. Best shooter on the team. He just spends all his time digging pucks off the boards, out of the corners, and away from opponents. Put him with St. Louis, and he'll snipe like a mofo.

#24 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Pavel is deadly accurate. Best shooter on the team. He just spends all his time digging pucks off the boards, out of the corners, and away from opponents. Put him with St. Louis, and he'll snipe like a mofo.

Agreed in principle.  The guy can absolutely do it all.  But if you put my middle aged arse on a line with St. Loui, I'd pot 25.  He's amazing.  Stamkos has all the skills, not looking to take away from him, but I'm interested to see what he does once Marty hangs them up.

Edited by Uncle Danny, 14 May 2013 - 08:19 PM.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#25 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

No he's not an accurate shooter. He has the best wrist shot on the team but he has terrible slap shot accuracy. It's a known fact and he's admitted it himself. Said, he didn't shoot much when he was younger cuz he didn't like breaking his sticks and having to buy a new one. It's on his personal twitter if you need proof. There's been times where Mickey Redmonds joked around and said "Pav should probably stay away from the slap shot" after he missed one or two wide, I believe it was the phoenix game end of season.

Hardest slap shot : Franzen

Most accurate slap shot: Zetterberg? (maybe.. not so much anymore)

Best wrist shot: Datsyuk (probably top 10 in the league)

Best backhanded shot: Zetterberg (probably one of the best in the league)

#26 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Agreed in principle.  The guy can absolutely do it all.  But if you put my middle aged arse on a line with St. Loui, I'd pot 25.  He's amazing.  Stamkos has all the skills, not looking to take away from him, but I'm interested to see what he does once Marty hangs them up.

That would be an off year for you. You got mad hands, bro!

No he's not an accurate shooter. He has the best wrist shot on the team but he has terrible slap shot accuracy. It's a known fact and he's admitted it himself. Said, he didn't shoot much when he was younger cuz he didn't like breaking his sticks and having to buy a new one. It's on his personal twitter if you need proof. There's been times where Mickey Redmonds joked around and said "Pav should probably stay away from the slap shot" after he missed one or two wide, I believe it was the phoenix game end of season.

Hardest slap shot : Franzen
Most accurate slap shot: Zetterberg? (maybe.. not so much anymore)
Best wrist shot: Datsyuk (probably top 10 in the league)
Best backhanded shot: Zetterberg (probably one of the best in the league)

Ericsson has the hardest shot. Pavs has the rest. Honorable mention to Z.

#27 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

That would be an off year for you. You got mad hands, bro!

Ericsson has the hardest shot. Pavs has the rest. Honorable mention to Z.

No Pavs slap shot is atrocious. Known fact. You gotta stop bandwagoning your fav player for everytime my man. Pav is my fav player but I give credit where its deserved. Z has one of the best accurate back handed shots in the league, it's been said multiple times. Here's a few examples:

Listen to what Larry Murphy says in the second video "No player with a better backhand than Henrik Zetterberg"

Edited by kickazz, 15 May 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#28 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Pavs just potted one against the Ducks. A beauty. Too many good back handers to even post.

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Pavs just potted one against the Ducks. A beauty. Too many good back handers to even post.

you will honestly say pasha has a more accurate slapshot than Z? and a better backhander? I can recall at least 4 beautiful impossible angled backhand goals for z last year, and maybe one for pasha

#30 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

you will honestly say pasha has a more accurate slapshot than Z? and a better backhander? I can recall at least 4 beautiful impossible angled backhand goals for z last year, and maybe one for pasha

Slapper I give to Z.

Backhander no way. Z may have put more in that way, but that doesnt make his better. Pasha is #1 in shootout % all time. It isnt because he can only use his forehand.

#31 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I would like to see some more of Z's slap shot power tonight.

IPB Image

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Slapper I give to Z.

Backhander no way. Z may have put more in that way, but that doesnt make his better. Pasha is #1 in shootout % all time. It isnt because he can only use his forehand.

Datsyuk is more slick with the puck, and has dirty moves, and has a good backhander. Those are one on one, most of his goals are nice wrister and not too often back handers. Z can pick corners and snipe from the circles with his backhand, he has a wicked backhander, much better and more accurate from far away than Pasha, but he doesn't have the moves  or hands that Pasha does, no one can stick handle like the magician. 

#33 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Actually because I completely disagree with you, I'd like you to find some on youtube that were better in AIM than the Zetterberg ones I posted and show us. Prove me wrong. You wont be able to. In fact i just searched "Zetterberg backhand shot" on youtube and found 5 videos, search "Datsyuk backhand shot" and found only 2. Interesting...

The league as well as color analysts from FSN and NBC have repeatedly said that Zetterberg has one of the best, if not THE BEST backhanded shots in the league. Partly because of his stick which has a very small curve designed for backhanded shots.

The fact that you actually think Datsyuk has the best shot on the team shows how big of a troll you are. Datsyuk ISN'T KNOWN for his shooting. He's known for his stick handling and finesse. He himself has admitted over and over that he doesn't like shooting the puck because he doesn't think its the best part of the game.

So now we have you're opinion vs. NHL, datsyuk himself, youtube videos, and the rest of these people on these forums and other forums.

Get off that Datsyuk bandwagon my friend. It's okay to have favorite players, but taking away credit where it's deserved is just silly.

Slapper I give to Z.

So now you're changing your opinion? At first you say that Datsyuk has the best shots and accuracy and now your giving the "slapper to Z" Go watch the videos I posted again. Listen to what Larry Murphy said "Nobody with a better backhand than Henrik Zetterberg" I think Murphy has more of a legitimate argument than a hockey fan. End of discussion.

Edited by kickazz, 18 May 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#34 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

Actually because I completely disagree with you, I'd like you to find some on youtube that were better in AIM than the Zetterberg ones I posted and show us. Prove me wrong. You wont be able to. In fact i just searched "Zetterberg backhand shot" on youtube and found 5 videos, search "Datsyuk backhand shot" and found only 2. Interesting...

The league as well as color analysts from FSN and NBC have repeatedly said that Zetterberg has one of the best, if not THE BEST backhanded shots in the league. Partly because of his stick which has a very small curve designed for backhanded shots.

The fact that you actually think Datsyuk has the best shot on the team shows how big of a troll you are. Datsyuk ISN'T KNOWN for his shooting. He's known for his stick handling and finesse. He himself has admitted over and over that he doesn't like shooting the puck because he doesn't think its the best part of the game.

So now we have you're opinion vs. NHL, datsyuk himself, youtube videos, and the rest of these people on these forums and other forums.

Get off that Datsyuk bandwagon my friend. It's okay to have favorite players, but taking away credit where it's deserved is just silly.

So now you're changing your opinion? At first you say that Datsyuk has the best shots and accuracy and now your giving the "slapper to Z" Go watch the videos I posted again. Listen to what Larry Murphy said "Nobody with a better backhand than Henrik Zetterberg" I think Murphy has more of a legitimate argument than a hockey fan. End of discussion.

the axe is silent when he is wrong, but in a month he will post a thread called Z has the best slapshot/backand in the league when it conveniences him...

#35 Fedorovfan

Fedorovfan

humble servant

• 45 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

It happens to the best of 'em. Yzerman slowed down but that's when he truly became a better captain.

I thought Zetterberg played his best game of the playoffs in game 2 yesterday.

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

the axe is silent when he is wrong, but in a month he will post a thread called Z has the best slapshot/backand in the league when it conveniences him...

http://www.nhl.com/i...122013&team=DET

The problem is that the axe isnt wrong. kissazz will say this, say that, and blah blah blah. But then we look at the actual STATISTICS, and we find that Datsyuk led the team in goals. He is the best shooter we have. Period.

#37 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Zetterberg is now a playmaker BUT can still shoot the puck.

He's an elite player STILL in the NHL even if he is aging and with back problems.

And I'm happy he is our captain.

GO WINGS!!

#38 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...122013&team=DET

The problem is that the axe isnt wrong. kissazz will say this, say that, and blah blah blah. But then we look at the actual STATISTICS, and we find that Datsyuk led the team in goals. He is the best shooter we have. Period.

LMAO you just proved how naïve and ridiculous your argument is. You cant be older than 12 years old. You think someones shot is better because they have more goals? OMG lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Hey Zdeno Chara had only 7 goals this year, are you telling me Datsyuk has a better slap shot than him because he had more than double his goals? Seriously answer that question for me so I can have another laugh.

You're wrong kid. Get over it. You're just making a fool of yourself. 

BTW im still waiting on those videos. I gave you Zetterberg videos and I gave you Murphy's line talking about zetterbergs backhand shot. I gave you PROOF from an ex hockey player (Murphy).  You haven't given any proof yet.

And just to own your logic a little further. Since you say Datsyuk led the team in goals this season makes him the best shooter; here's a fact for you, Henrik Zetterberg is ranked 3rd in goals in playoffs behind Jaromire Jagr and Patrick Marleau. So according to you're logic, since Zetterberg leads the league in goals among active players he's the third best shooter in the LEAGUE. Datsyuk is ranked 12 in goals in the league. So that means Datsyuk is the 12th best shooter. So Z is 3rd best shooter and Pav is 12th best shooter. This is your logic. Lol.

Edited by kickazz, 19 May 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#39 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

Slapper I give to Z.

First you say that.

Datsyuk led the team in goals. He is the best shooter we have. Period.

Then you say that.

---- Lol make up you're mind. Your just making a joke out of your argument.

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Hank needs to use the slapper more often, IMO. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman