#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

First you say that.

Then you say that.

---- Lol make up you're mind. Your just making a joke out of your argument.

Lets make it easy:

Slapper = Dats 5, Z 8
Backhander = Dats 9, Z 9
Wrister = Dats 9, Z 7
Dangle Shot = Dats 10, Z 7

Total = Dats 33, Z 31

Datsyuk CLEARLY has the best overall shot.

#42 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Another SNIPE by Dats! Love it!!!

#43 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

Lets make it easy:

Slapper = Dats 5, Z 8
Backhander = Dats 9, Z 9
Wrister = Dats 9, Z 7
Dangle Shot = Dats 10, Z 7

Total = Dats 33, Z 31

Datsyuk CLEARLY has the best overall shot.

Wtf is a dangle shot? You cant just make up shots. It's backhand, slapshot and wrist shot. The only extra one is SNAP shot but that's just another form of a wrist shot. Have you even played hockey...?

Since dangle shot doesn't exist... Let's use you're own silly logic and numbers.

Slapper = Dats 5, Z 8
Backhander = Dats 9, Z 9
Wrister = Dats 9, Z 7

Total = Dats 23, Zet 24.

So Z wins by your logic.

Besides, I think the consensus here is that Zetterberg has a better backhander and Slap shot. Datsyuk has the better wrist shot. So the 9's on backhand is wrong.

Lol here's more proof to keep proving you wrong. If you search "Shot (ice hockey)" on Wikipedia, look what it says under Backhanded shot:

"The backhand shot is a wrist shot released from the back of the blade, and on the player's backhand. This shot is not as powerful or accurate as any of the other shots, but often comes unexpectedly. Backhand shots are primarily taken close to the goal, and are most commonly used on breakaways. NHL players known for their backhand-shot include: Sidney Crosby, Marian Hossa, Milan Hejduk, Patrick Marleau, Mike Richards, Paul Stastny, Henrik Zetterberg, Derek Roy, Claude Giroux, and Daniel Briere."

How much more proof do you need? The whole world is crying out and saying Zetterberg has a better backhanded shot than Datsyuk. Troll.

Edited by kickazz, 20 May 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#44 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Wtf is a dangle shot? You cant just make up shots. It's backhand, slapshot and wrist shot. The only extra one is SNAP shot but that's just another form of a wrist shot. Have you even played hockey...?

Since dangle shot doesn't exist... Let's use you're own silly logic and numbers.

Slapper = Dats 5, Z 8
Backhander = Dats 9, Z 9
Wrister = Dats 9, Z 7

Total = Dats 23, Zet 24.

So Z wins by your logic.

Besides, I think the consensus here is that Zetterberg has a better backhander and Slap shot. Datsyuk has the better wrist shot. So the 9's on backhand is wrong.

Watch Dats in a shootout. He has a lot of Dangle Shots. Z has a one too. Just because you dont recognize it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Dats has more dangles and better dangle shots than Z, so he gets the edge.

Did you see that SNIPE tonight? Another BIG goal from Dats. Booya.

#45 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Watch Dats in a shootout. He has a lot of Dangle Shots. Z has a one too. Just because you dont recognize it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Dats has more dangles and better dangle shots than Z, so he gets the edge.

Did you see that SNIPE tonight? Another BIG goal from Dats. Booya.

At first I stated you were 12 years old but now im convinced you're 9 years old. Lol

First of, there is not such thing as a dangle shot and to make up something so stupid is an insult to hockey players so allow me to tell you to keep quiet and stop making up things. Let me teach you a little about hockey kiddo (yes since you're obviously no older than 9). Theres the wrist shot, theres the slap shot, theres the snap shot and theres the backhander. Why don't you google dangle shot and post something on here that defines it. You can't.

Second, of all, Datsyuk's shot in todays game was a wrist shot. Not a slap shot. It's been established Datsyuk has the best wrist shot. This threads name is "Zetterberg SLAP shot" Do you not know how to read? LMAO. Still waiting on your proofs that say Datsyuk has a better backhanded shot. I've given you youtube videos, Larry Murphys commentary, online article etc. You haven't given jack.

Edited by kickazz, 21 May 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#46 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

At first I stated you were 12 years old but now im convinced you're 9 years old. Lol

First of, there is not such thing as a dangle shot and to make up something so stupid is an insult to hockey players so allow me to tell you to keep quiet and stop making up things. Let me teach you a little about hockey kiddo (yes since you're obviously no older than 9). Theres the wrist shot, theres the slap shot, theres the snap shot and theres the backhander. Why don't you google dangle shot and post something on here that defines it. You can't.

Second, of all, Datsyuk's shot in todays game was a wrist shot. Not a slap shot. It's been established Datsyuk has the best wrist shot. This threads name is "Zetterberg SLAP shot" Do you not know how to read? LMAO. Still waiting on your proofs that say Datsyuk has a better backhanded shot. I've given you youtube videos, Larry Murphys commentary, online article etc. You haven't given jack.

I'm surprised you haven't been warned by the mods yet. This isn't Youtube, lets try to have some respect. Axe isn't attacking anyone, why must you attack him? Were all wings fans here.

Arguing about who's shot is better is like picking between Lidstrom and Jesus

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#47 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

That, my friend, is a dangle shot. You know Z is wicked nasty on the dangle shot tip, but he's still in our galaxy. Dats is Merlin-esque with his dangle shots. Your jaw drops.

Btw, did you see his SNIPE tonight? Top corner.

Sorry, my phone is not letting me cut and paste Z's shootout goal for some reason.

Ive tried twice now. No luck.

Edited by The Axe, 21 May 2013 - 01:06 AM.

#48 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

3 sick backhanders of other dimensionsional capability and a dangle shot (#3) in there as well.

http://m.youtube.com...t=mv-verizon-us

#49 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm surprised you haven't been warned by the mods yet. This isn't Youtube, lets try to have some respect. Axe isn't attacking anyone, why must you attack him? Were all wings fans here.

Arguing about who's shot is better is like picking between Lidstrom and Jesus

Well actually he called me "kissazz" so let's not get into technicalities. Me calling him a kid isn't really an attack.

3 sick backhanders of other dimensionsional capability and a dangle shot (#3) in there as well.

http://m.youtube.com...t=mv-verizon-us

Links not working

That, my friend, is a dangle shot. You know Z is wicked nasty on the dangle shot tip, but he's still in our galaxy. Dats is Merlin-esque with his dangle shots. Your jaw drops.

No such thing as a dangle shot there's only three types of shots in hockey, Wrist shot, slap shot and snap shot. A backhanded shot is a type of wrist shot. The dangle shot as you keep calling it is called "deking" and shooting. That's a whole different part of the game. Datsyuk is god at dekeing that's partly why his wrist shots are so good. Wrist shots usually compliment you're deking ability. Slap shots usually aren't related to deking rather more on power/shot accuracy.

Edited by kickazz, 21 May 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#50 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well actually he called me "kissazz" so let's not get into technicalities. Me calling him a kid isn't really an attack.

Links not working

I didn't notice that. Perhaps it was a mistake? Either way, the childish behavior gets old fast. How about you both agree to disagree.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#51 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I didn't notice that. Perhaps it was a mistake? Either way, the childish behavior gets old fast. How about you both agree to disagree.

Im not phazed a bit. I love how this guy thinks he's the hockey authority. The funny thing is that there are way more than 3 shots. I can think of a lot of different ones:

1) slap shot (MacInnis)
2) wrist shot (Yzerman)
3) backhand shot (Zetterberg)
4) dangle shot (Datsyuk)
5) snap shot (Messier)
6) half slap shot (Robitaille)
7) bat shot (Gretzky)
8) redirect shot (Holmstrom)
9) pass shot (Lidstrom)
10) chop shot [backhanded slapper] (Lemieux)

#52 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Im not phazed a bit. I love how this guy thinks he's the hockey authority. The funny thing is that there are way more than 3 shots. I can think of a lot of different ones:

1) slap shot (MacInnis)
2) wrist shot (Yzerman)
4) dangle shot (Datsyuk)
5) snap shot (Messier) 
7) bat shot (Gretzky)
9) pass shot (Lidstrom)

hahahahaha this cannot be real.  I'll go ahead and say 4 shots and separate the snap and wrist even though they are very similar.

So you get 1,2,3, and 5. 

4 = deke (not a shot)

6 = slap shot

7 = ?? baseball? I'm not quite sure

8 = tip (not a shot)

9 = pass

10 = still a backhand, but i could see allowing that one to be loosely called a different shot

Edited by Mitchmac33, 21 May 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#53 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

1) slap shot (MacInnis)
2) wrist shot (Yzerman)
4) dangle shot (Datsyuk)
5) snap shot (Messier)
7) bat shot (Gretzky)
9) pass shot (Lidstrom)

Lol I've been showing this discussion to a few buddies of mine. You are one funny kid. You should add "love shot" or something to your made up fantasy list of shots in hockey.

hahahahaha this cannot be real.  I'll go ahead and say 4 shots and separate the snap and wrist even though they are very similar.

So you get 1,2,3, and 5. 

4 = deke (not a shot)

6 = slap shot

7 = ?? baseball? I'm not quite sure

8 = tip (not a shot)

9 = pass

10 = still a backhand, but i could see allowing that one to be loosely called a different shot

It's just so funny man.

Edited by kickazz, 21 May 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#54 TigerDan

TigerDan

Goon

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

OK, I'll weigh in.  There are really only 4 SHOTS: Slap, Wrist, Snap and Backhand.  Everything else is a hockey move or skill play (dekes, tips, etc.).  I think the point of it is, if you have possesion of the puck there are only a four basic things you can do: Shoot, Pass, Deke or dump in (or turn it over, I guess, but that's just a fail of one of these four). If you're shooting, you can take one of these 4 shots.

Now, who is a better shooter? here are my thoughts:

The thing I think is missing from this argument is weighing the shots.  Since they are both forwards, the wrist shot would be most commonly used and therefore should cary the most weight.  So, while Z may have a better slap shot, Dats having a better wrist shot carries more weight.  If they were both defensemen, the weights would be reversed.  This is why Dats pretty much always has a better shooting percentage than Z.  However, Z takes more shots, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

In the end, why argue?  Just be glad both of these guys are wearing the Winged Wheel.

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season. What with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him? Whhelll, I guess that's more than most 21 year olds could handle."

#55 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

In the end, why argue?  Just be glad both of these guys are wearing the Winged Wheel.

Exactly. I was about to post the very same thing.

Edited by Nevermind, 21 May 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#56 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yes, we have 2 of the 3 best backhand shooters in the league, with the other one being Crosby.

-Buppy

#57 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

The bat shot.

http://m.youtube.com...q=gretzky bats

Edited by The Axe, 21 May 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#58 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Fantasy land.

OK, I'll weigh in.  There are really only 4 SHOTS: Slap, Wrist, Snap and Backhand.  Everything else is a hockey move or skill play (dekes, tips, etc.).  I think the point of it is, if you have possesion of the puck there are only a four basic things you can do: Shoot, Pass, Deke or dump in (or turn it over, I guess, but that's just a fail of one of these four). If you're shooting, you can take one of these 4 shots.

Now, who is a better shooter? here are my thoughts:

The thing I think is missing from this argument is weighing the shots.  Since they are both forwards, the wrist shot would be most commonly used and therefore should cary the most weight.  So, while Z may have a better slap shot, Dats having a better wrist shot carries more weight.  If they were both defensemen, the weights would be reversed.  This is why Dats pretty much always has a better shooting percentage than Z.  However, Z takes more shots, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Agreed, I've been trying to say the same thing as you (almost) , that Z has one of the better slap shots. HENCE the name of this thread... Then Axe started trolling and claiming Dats has best slap shot blah blah so I kept humoring him especially after he started making up shots. Anyways point being of the original post: Zet has an amazing slap shot and should use it more often such as the ones in game 6 vs. Anaheim.

Edited by kickazz, 21 May 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#59 rooter2309

rooter2309

Ja City

• 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Proud to be born and raised in Hockeytown.

#60 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Her's a compilation of bat shot, or as some say, "bunt" goals.