• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

Fil's two points in six games looks a lot worse until you consider that he plays with the laziest player on the team (who only gets points from playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the powerplay) and Dan "let the puck hit me on the way into the net" Cleary. I'm not saying he's been great, but he hasn't been that bad for having so few points. He still played a major role to getting us this far on a sick play and we still had a lead after his turnover.

If he is resigned it'll be for around 3.5-4m I'm guessing. Maybe a little over 4.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 12 May 2013 - 11:23 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#22 rking72

rking72

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

I predict he resigns with The Wings for 4.5.  The Wings clearly want him or they would have traded him at the deadline, so they will pay up to keep him.  I do not agree with this, just giving my prediction.

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Can we trade him for a first round pick?

He's better than Kyle Quincey.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

The new CBA may have helped us out a lot on this actually.  We could realistically give Flip a five or six year contract, start high, and slowly decrease down to the 30% mark.  He'd get more money in his prime years, and it would taper off as he ages.  Start him at  4.5 and taper down to 3.5 as the contract goes on.  It would be a reasonable contract that could be moved in the future if necessary. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#25 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Fil's two points in six games looks a lot worse until you consider that he plays with the laziest player on the team (who only gets points from playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the powerplay) and Dan "let the puck hit me on the way into the net" Cleary. I'm not saying he's been great, but he hasn't been that bad for having so few points. He still played a major role to getting us this far on a sick play and we still had a lead after his turnover.

If he is resigned it'll be for around 3.5-4m I'm guessing. Maybe a little over 4.

Filppula's best season came because of playing with Henrik Zetterberg. The argument works both ways.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#26 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

after giving him so much time and so many chances to see what kind of player he could develop into, I just hope the Wings don't end up losing him for nothing.

#27 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

after giving him so much time and so many chances to see what kind of player he could develop into, I just hope the Wings don't end up losing him for nothing.

I wish we traded him for something at the deadline. Maybe a sign and trade this offseason? (if only it was the NBA!)

Edited by Number19, 12 May 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#28 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

I've always tried to defend Filppula, but when you consider he's 29, and we have Tomas Tatar ready to go in GR, it just doesn't make sense to pay him 4-5 million.  We may lose a little defensively with TT, but I think he can easily score as many points as Flip.

#29 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Filppula's best season came because of playing with Henrik Zetterberg. The argument works both ways.

And Zetterberg scored 40 because he played with Datsyuk. Not any player would have the season Filppula did with Zetterberg. But frankly, I doubt even pav or Z would have very good numbers saddled with Franzen and Cleary at even strength and Nyquist and Cleary on the PP. I'm not saying Z and Pav should be split up (and one of the reasons I think we need Filppula is to allow them to play on the same line, without Filppula, who centers the second line?), but I'm saying Filppula's play wouldn't seem so bad if he had competent linemates.

#30 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

6 years, 25.5 million. Take it or leave it.

#31 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

6 years, 25.5 million. Take it or leave it.

About 1 million per year too much, let him walk. Helm can center the 2nd, Anderson the 3rd, and Emmy the 4th. Plus Jarnkrok is gonna get some time with the big club next year, and will only be a two hour ride to the Joe in case of an emergency.

Edited by MasterPavel, 12 May 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#32 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

After that giveaway that lead to the 2nd goal of game 6, plus the consistent lack of productivity... 3-3.5 mil at the very most. We need a center that can and will play in the center of the ice. Flip is good defensively, but shies away from the rough stuff and isn't great in the corners. He's a perimeter player that doesn't shoot, which is exactly what the Red Wings have an abundance of. If Helm comes back ever, plus Andersson...There's no room for a guy like Flip. 

I keep reading about how we should trade him. Can we? His contract is up after the playoffs, if I understand correctly, we can't trade UFA rights, only RFA?

Edited by MibJab, 12 May 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#33 Solidus

Solidus

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

3.5 a year + a performance based bonus.

#34 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

3.5 a year + a performance based bonus.

I'm not positive on this, but I don't think they have performance based bonuses in the NHL.

In regard to trading his rights, you can until his contract has officially expired, like we did with Brad Stuart last year.  It gives that club the chance to sign him first, if they so choose.

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Postcard from Holland to Filppula.  Dated July 1, 2013

good-luck-greeting8.gif

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 Solidus

Solidus

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

I'm not positive on this, but I don't think they have performance based bonuses in the NHL.

In regard to trading his rights, you can until his contract has officially expired, like we did with Brad Stuart last year.  It gives that club the chance to sign him first, if they so choose.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26366

PERFORMANCE BONUSES

What players may earn in performance bonuses?

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

I guess that's why I've only seen a handful of them.

#37 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

Oh, hi Filppula with GWG and major assist now that he plays with competent linemate.

#38 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

GWG or not...anything over $4M is too much. Heck $4M is too much...trade him before he becomes a UFA to a team that will give him $5M...Dallas.

Although they were still lamenting last night how Anaheim still needs a #2 center...I know you guys don't like Bobby Ryan and he did disappear in the playoffs (he wasn't the only one) but maybe there is someone out there Flip is worth in a trade...or maybe just their 1st rounder...

Edited by LeftWinger, 13 May 2013 - 06:52 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#39 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

About 1 million per year too much, let him walk. Helm can center the 2nd, Anderson the 3rd, and Emmy the 4th. Plus Jarnkrok is gonna get some time with the big club next year, and will only be a two hour ride to the Joe in case of an emergency.

I worry about Helm's ability to center the second line. He's a great third line center, but I'd hate to see them lose his advantage by playing him up on the second line.

Also, I'd be really surprised if Jarnkrok sees much time in Detroit next season.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#40 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

GWG or not...anything over $4M is too much. Heck $4M is too much...trade him before he becomes a UFA to a team that will give him $5M...Dallas.

Although they were still lamenting last night how Anaheim still needs a #2 center...I know you guys don't like Bobby Ryan and he did disappear in the playoffs (he wasn't the only one) but maybe there is someone out there Flip is worth in a trade...or maybe just their 1st rounder...

If I had a dollar for every player you wanted to be traded, I'd have enough money to start my own NHL team, make it really good, make you a fan of it and piss you off every time I don't trade a player.