• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (7) Ottawa Senators vs (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Crosby didn't even put 100% effort in the first round. From the way he was skating and his overpassing, I'd say he's at 50-60% right now. And we all know he's going to step it up a notch when it matters the most. The real Q is can Kunitz and Iginla keep it up. If they can, Crosby will average 2.5 pts a game at the very least

He'd have to stay healthy first.

That's one of my assumptions, yes. And I'm not entirely confident of that either.

Sidney's already a top 10 player in NHL history, and will probably top all of them when it's all said and done. I don't think it's that big of a stretch when you consider that he's already on pace to drop 50 in a 25 game cup run.

Granted, he's a cry baby and I hope the worst of him every single season, but there's no doubting the fact that he's just as good as Super Mario and Gretz.

Not trolling at all. I do troll sometimes but I'm serious when I don't use tbh, tbqh, imo, imho, etc.

Wow, Sid has 9 points in 5 games he must the greatest player of all time then....sure that is a pace to hit between 45 to 50 points in a 25 game playoff, but OMG, David Krejci has 11 points in 5 games, oh and Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski each have 8 points in 4 games, if Sid can hit 60 these guys will surely hit 70-80 then....

Crosby didn't even put 100% effort in the first round. From the way he was skating and his overpassing, I'd say he's at 50-60% right now. And we all know he's going to step it up a notch when it matters the most. The real Q is can Kunitz and Iginla keep it up. If they can, Crosby will average 2.5 pts a game at the very least

That's one of my assumptions, yes. And I'm not entirely confident of that either.

No.

Wow, Sid has 9 points in 5 games he must the greatest player of all time then....sure that is a pace to hit between 45 to 50 points in a 25 game playoff, but OMG, David Krejci has 11 points in 5 games, oh and Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski each have 8 points in 4 games, if Sid can hit 60 these guys will surely hit 70-80 then....

:lol:

Guest irishock

Nah, Krejci will see a real goaltender like Lundqivst next round and he'll cool down. The other two are Sharks so it's a guarantee they won't keep it up. Sid on the other hand, it doesn't matter what defense or goalie you throw at him, he's dropping at least 2 pts a game for the rest of the playoffs.

Nah, Krejci will see a real goaltender like Lundqivst next round and he'll cool down. The other two are Sharks so it's a guarantee they won't keep it up. Sid on the other hand, it doesn't matter what defense or goalie you throw at him, he's dropping at least 2 pts a game for the rest of the playoffs.

Not happening...his career playoff average is 1.35 PPG, that include this miraculous pace that he seems to be impressing you with thus far. This was the round to get 2+ points per game, and he failed. You say because he wasn't trying. So he felt because it was the Islander he didn't have to give 100%? I watched those games, it sure looked like he was trying his best. Look no one is saying that Sid isn't top 5 in the league and isn't good at what he does, but you seem to have put him on a pedestal that cannot be touched.

Fact is, he will face stronger defense and goaltenders and opposition lines as well...example 2007-08 playoffs

Round 1 vs. Ottawa.....2 PPG

Round 2 vs. NYR.....1.2 PPG (Better Goaltender)

Round 3 vs. Flyers....1.4 PPG (Worse D)

Round 4 vs. Detroit.....1 PPG (Zetterberg)

He had a smidge better numbers in the first three rounds of 2008-09, averaging 1.3PPG, 1.7PPG, 1.75PPG until again he faced Zetterberg and dropped to .4PPG...

Point is, he is not going to walk all over every team in the NHL with 2 to 2.5 PPG this season, he is good, but he will have good games and bad games, if he could only muster 1.8 PPG against the Islanders with their young team and Nobokov, he is going to fair any much better against Ottawa, Boston or Chicago if it that order, but then again, James Reimer and The King Henrik are far better goalies than Nobokov even if they are to play either New York or Toronto...that is IF they survive Ottawa. They barely survived the Isles and it took TWO overtime games that could have gone either way and he'd be golfing instead...

Before their playoff run is over, he will be back to his average of 1.3 PPG....which isn't too far away from where he is now at 1.8

edit: to expand on the PPG above, he was on great paces in each of the first three rounds until he met Hank each year. He dropped to a .6 PPG combined in the two SCF's against Hank. He will face a center that will shut him down for a round, its just reality...if he happens to face Hank this year, your theory will be blown out for sure....

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest irishock

No.

Yes. Sid's still the best player in the league for the past 20 years despite not being 100%.

Not happening...his career playoff average is 1.35 PPG, that include this miraculous pace that he seems to be impressing you with thus far. This was the round to get 2+ points per game, and he failed. You say because he wasn't trying. So he felt because it was the Islander he didn't have to give 100%? I watched those games, it sure looked like he was trying his best. Look no one is saying that Sid isn't top 5 in the league and isn't good at what he does, but you seem to have put him on a pedestal that cannot be touched.

Fact is, he will face stronger defense and goaltenders and opposition lines as well...example 2007-08 playoffs

Round 1 vs. Ottawa.....2 PPG

Round 2 vs. NYR.....1.2 PPG (Better Goaltender)

Round 3 vs. Flyers....1.4 PPG (Worse D)

Round 4 vs. Detroit.....1 PPG (Zetterberg)

He had a smidge better numbers in the first three rounds of 2008-09, averaging 1.3PPG, 1.7PPG, 1.75PPG until again he faced Zetterberg and dropped to .4PPG...

Point is, he is not going to walk all over every team in the NHL with 2 to 2.5 PPG this season, he is good, but he will have good games and bad games, if he could only muster 1.8 PPG against the Islanders with their young team and Nobokov, he is going to fair any much better against Ottawa, Boston or Chicago if it that order, but then again, James Reimer and The King Henrik are far better goalies than Nobokov even if they are to play either New York or Toronto...that is IF they survive Ottawa. They barely survived the Isles and it took TWO overtime games that could have gone either way and he'd be golfing instead...

Before their playoff run is over, he will be back to his average of 1.3 PPG....which isn't too far away from where he is now at 1.8

Those numbers are from 5 years ago. He was 1 year over the drinking age in Canada at the time. Right now? He's playing like 1985 Wayne Gretzky. His numbers will only be better as the playoffs continue.

Yes. Sid's still the best player in the league for the past 20 years despite not being 100%.

Those numbers are from 5 years ago. He was 1 year over the drinking age in Canada at the time. Right now? He's playing like 1985 Wayne Gretzky. His numbers will only be better as the playoffs continue.

Best player in the last 20 years, way, way wrong on all sorts of levels.....

Playing like a 1985 Gretzky? The guy who average 2.6 PPG in 18 games that playoff? Listen, if the Pens win the Cup and average 6 games per remaining rounds, he will need to score 3.1PPG just to get near Gretzky's 2.6 PPG...even with Sid's supporting cast, there is NO WAY he gets 3.1 PPG for the rest of the playoffs. You are smoking something man and I don't think I want it....

Guest irishock

Best player in the last 20 years, way, way wrong on all sorts of levels.....

Playing like a 1985 Gretzky? The guy who average 2.6 PPG in 18 games that playoff? Listen, if the Pens win the Cup and average 6 games per remaining rounds, he will need to score 3.1PPG just to get near Gretzky's 2.6 PPG...even with Sid's supporting cast, there is NO WAY he gets 3.1 PPG for the rest of the playoffs. You are smoking something man and I don't think I want it....

I've had some drinks tonight but I'm still sober enough to tell you straight up, Crosby's the best player of the past 20 years.

OK, maybe topping Gretzky this year is a bit of a stretch, but he'll be in the playoffs for the rest of his GOAT-level career. Eventually he'll do it, though. He's going to win 5, hell maybe even 6 more Stanleys and then retire on top of everybody. 60 pts in the playoffs is no big deal

Good sweet Jesus, I am so ******* tired of the Penguins. The constant barrage of media fellating these sons of ******* has me refusing to watch any game involving them, which is unfortunate. DIE, PENGUINS, DIE!! And it's only going to get worse when we're in the East next year. *sigh* I need Valium.

GO, SENS, GO!!

I've had some drinks tonight but I'm still sober enough to tell you straight up, Crosby's the best player OFFENSIVE of the past 20 years.

OK, maybe topping Gretzky this year is a bit of a stretch, but he'll be in the playoffs for the rest of his GOAT-level career. Eventually he'll do it, though. He's going to win 5, hell maybe even 6 more Stanleys and then retire on top of everybody. 60 pts in the playoffs is no big deal

FITY. No way will I count him the best overall player - I'll concede possibly the best offensive player,. but I can think of three guys I'd take over him in a hearbeat.

I've had some drinks tonight but I'm still sober enough to tell you straight up, Crosby's the best player of the past 20 years.

Wow...bold statement. Considering he won't even play 20 years that is a lot of Cups in that time span. Considering that with the Cap decrease they only have $7M in cap space and will most definitely lose the supporting cast you speak of. Iginla, Morrow, Dupuis, Matt Cooke, Tyler Kennedy, Douglas Murray....most of them will be gone....plus they need to re-sign Malkin after next season so they cannot commit too much money for next year in that regard. I don't see Sid winning anymore than one or two more Cups in his career...IF that. He may not win ANYmore.

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest irishock

True, their current core will eventually be separated. But you'll see guys like Karlsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Shea Weber demand their trade to Pittsburgh.. it's going to be a 1970 Montreal Canadiens level dynasty.

Guest irishock

I loathe Sid but he has looked like a man amongst boys out there. hate to admit how good he is and the dude flys around every second of his shifts.

He has Lemeuix's skill, Gretzky's brain and Yzerman's backchecking.

He has found a different gear thus far in the playoffs...im glad the Wings dont have the firepwor to make it to the finals because getting beat by Sid again would ruin me...can barely bring myself to mention 09:(

He looked like that because it was the Islanders...plus no one can touch him with drawing a penalty. That is the ONLY thing he has in common with Gretzky and Lemieux....when he gets some Selke talk, then he can be considered anywhere NEAR Yzerman or Fedorov when it comes to complete forwards...

True, their current core will eventually be separated. But you'll see guys like Karlsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Shea Weber demand their trade to Pittsburgh.. it's going to be a 1970 Montreal Canadiens level dynasty.

Uh....if Shea Weber ever wanted to be a Penguin, he would have signed the offer sheet with them last summer instead of Philly... I am willing to bet that NONE of those guys you mentioned will EVER be a Penguin....

There will never be a 1970 Montreal-like Dynasty ever again, not in a Salary Cap era along with UFA status. Back then you had a team and they stayed together forever. Never again. Too many teams, too many opportunities to make money, BIG money...

The Next One...remember him? Remember all the points he put up in his first 8 years, his early playoffs...he won a Hart too. He was said to be the one to take over all records in the NHL...one too many hits. Oops...oh well. One more big hit and Sid could be done. It happened to Lindros, The Next One...fast forward to now, The Kid. One more hit.