• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (7) Ottawa Senators vs (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Yeah, this is totally sticking it to the refs and the league. No way the Senators just dug down deep and found a way. :brow:

Honestly, the one thing that can ruin a game for me is fans that talk about league conspiracies.

Guest DeGraa55

Heck yes!!! I still don't see them winning this series but got to hate them damn pens.

Yeah, this is totally sticking it to the refs and the league. No way the Senators just dug down deep and found a way. :brow:

Honestly, the one thing that can ruin a game for me is fans that talk about league conspiracies.

I agree.

Nothing like hearing "the league hates the wings" or "the league tells the refs to help pens" etc etc.

One thing however NBC does cram Crosby down our throats. And I understand why the do it for marketing ....get new fans I interested etc etc but its way too much.

Agreed. If there was really a grand conspiracy, it would be talked brought up by more than just angry fans

The lack of physical play in this series is striking compared to all the other series.

I was thinking the same thing watching tonight's game.

Anyone else think the Adams hit on Spezza was a little over the line?

Heck yes!!! I still don't see them winning this series but got to hate them damn pens.

I agree.

Nothing like hearing "the league hates the wings" or "the league tells the refs to help pens" etc etc.

One thing however NBC does cram Crosby down our throats. And I understand why the do it for marketing ....get new fans I interested etc etc but its way too much.

I was checking out a couple Hawks boards after yesterday's game and there was quite a bit of "The NHL is always giving calls to the WIngs" and "NBC loves the WIngs, they can do no wrong". I had to laugh.

A chance to go up 3-0 in the series and they give up a shorthanded goal with 29 seconds left. That could very well be the turning point in the series. If this series goes back to Pittsburgh 2-2, this will get interesting and probably a little nasty. The Pens don't handle losing very well and to be that close to a commanding lead and blowing it, they may reach some new lows.

A chance to go up 3-0 in the series and they give up a shorthanded goal with 29 seconds left. That could very well be the turning point in the series. If this series goes back to Pittsburgh 2-2, this will get interesting and probably a little nasty. The Pens don't handle losing very well and to be that close to a commanding lead and blowing it, they may reach some new lows.

I know, it's just too bad that Neil won't be in the game to help out the Sens when things do get chippy.

Pulling the goalie to negate a penalty, in the closing seconds - and scoring! to tie it up and send it to overtime, and winning in double.

Don't think I'd ever seen that before. Really effing awsm.

Also, what was with that play where Orpik kinda-sorta pushed whats-his-face into the boards? Is it just me, or was that not even borderline scary/dangerous/reckless, despite every talking head in the world trying to make it into This Big Thing (e.g. Katherine Tapperin, or however you say her name - "...pushing him into the boards...") I mean, there was some Grade-A (or F) thuggery in the game, e.g. Karlsson slashing Cooke's stick with his face. Talk about that stuff.

Edited by Dabura

Pulling the goalie to negate a penalty, in the closing seconds - and scoring! to tie it up and send it to overtime, and winning in double.

Don't think I'd ever seen that before. Really effing awsm.

Also, what was with that play where Orpik kinda-sorta pushed whats-his-face into the boards? Is it just me, or was that not even borderline scary/dangerous/reckless, despite every talking head in the world trying to make it into This Big Thing (e.g. Katherine Tapperin, or however you say her name - "...pushing him into the boards...") I mean, there was some Grade-A (or F) thuggery in the game, e.g. Karlsson slashing Cooke's stick with his face. Talk about that stuff.

Seemed like the refs were looking the other way on Pens fouls a lot last night. Adams hit on Spezza should have been called IMO. If you hit Torres for his "glancing blow" then that s*** should have been called.

Guest Crymson

Adams's hit on Spezza was flat-out interference. Spezza never had anything like possession of the puck. Kronwall was ejected in 2009 on a very similar play in which Havlat did have legal possession of the puck.

The Pens got away with a lot last night, unsurprisingly. Fortunately, the forces of good won the game.