• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (7) Ottawa Senators vs (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Very impressed by the Sens so far. The Pens look nervous, out-of-sorts. They, like the 'hawks, have not faced much in the way of adversity this season. Whereas the Sens, like the Wings, definitely have.

Edited by Dabura

I still don't understand why every talking head in the world says Anderson is the best goalie in the world.

Oh well. Lets hope they got the derpitude out of their system and are going to play actual hockey for the rest of the game.

Go Sens!

Seriously LOL'd when the Ottawa fans were singing along with the "woo hoo" after making it 7-3. This game has gotten so far out of hand, I'm kind of amazed anybody would be in the mood to do that.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Is there anyone on this forum that is rooting for the Pens?

that would be me!! :D

crosby > datsyuk

Last season they didn't have a capable backup so it wouldn't have made any difference. But it seems that the Pittsburgh defense is much more calm with Vokoun in net than Fleury... they actually look decent.

Speed, an aggressive forecheck, and sustained puck possession exposes their defense though, as the Islanders showed. Although the Senators aren't a particularly slow team so who knows?

Is there anyone on this forum that is rooting for the Pens?

Probably just me as your friendly neighborhood Pens fan... but I just check in here and other team forums from time to time to get other fans perspectives on the league and game so I don't know if I count.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Wow Alfie actually said that? I never did think that guy was a leader. I still recall the Cup Final in 2007 when he had a little hissy fit and shot the puck at Niedermayer. I knew they were done in that series then and they were. The Sens are in over their heads. They don't really believe they can beat the Pens and it shows. Whereas the #7 Wings believe they can beat the Hawks and are.

Wow Alfie actually said that? I never did think that guy was a leader. I still recall the Cup Final in 2007 when he had a little hissy fit and shot the puck at Niedermayer. I knew they were done in that series then and they were. The Sens are in over their heads. They don't really believe they can beat the Pens and it shows. Whereas the #7 Wings believe they can beat the Hawks and are.

Heard that quote this morning as well and my first reaction was "wow", especially having it come from the team captain. However, the more I thought about it, I'm not sure how to feel about it. Firstly, I may be taking it out of context. What I heard was something like this: reporter asks "do you think the Sens can win the series", he responds by saying "probably not"...followed by something else.

So, yeah, it looks like he's sort of giving up, not really a good way to lead, etc. Or is it simple honesty? Too often all we hear are stupid cliches, rather than honest answers. Does anyone think the Sens can pull off a series win? "Probably not" is likely the correct, honest answer. Doesn't mean they can't do it.

I heard the suggestion that maybe he said that as a tactic, gets into the Pens heads to think that the Sens are done...going to roll over. I think that is very far fetched though, don't think he put that much though into, simply answered the question honestly. Got a lot talk this morning on the radio though (in Toronto)....have no idea what they are saying in Ottawa.