• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (7) Ottawa Senators vs (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

What Alfredsson could have said was something like 'Yeah, it looks bad, but we've got good players and a good ethic and we go out to win every night. Likely or not we are going out there and not just give up.'

Still admits the uphill battle, but shows a bit of fight that could inspire his team.

Alfredsson picked up the puck after the final whistle. That can mean only one thing.

I heard that as well, but even if he thought they would come back and win.....if they don't....he would never get the chance again to get the puck from his last game played on home ice.

What Alfredsson could have said was something like 'Yeah, it looks bad, but we've got good players and a good ethic and we go out to win every night. Likely or not we are going out there and not just give up.'

Still admits the uphill battle, but shows a bit of fight that could inspire his team.

And that would have been the boring, stock, cliche response. Would definitely have been less controversial though.

Not trying to defend him though, I'm by no stretch of the imagination an Alfie fan.

"We're going to Pittsburgh, and we're coming to play..."

You know, the last time I heard that, it was "We're going to Flint and we're coming back here..."

And then the Mallards won the UHL Championship.

If Ottawa doesn't drag it to 6, they will drag the pens down with them. MacLean will be sure of that.

Toby I think you make some good points, to be honest. From his perspective as a veteran in his last days who has just lost a critical playoff game, he was likely feeling really disappointed and probably didn't feel like blowing sunshine up everyone's butt. I guess it is what it is. But I expect the Sens won't just roll over and die.

The Pens haven't been all that great at closing a series at home in recent years, for what it's worth. But then again they have been playing a much calmer and more focused game with Vokoun in net as opposed to Fleury and reducing some (but not all) stupid habits, maybe that trend for us will change this year. I guess we'll see.

Edited by Free_Candy

Morrow scores a goal with a distinct kicking motion. Ladies and gentle I give you, soccer on ice.

between McQuire screaming about Morrow not kicking the puck (saying it about 8 times) and him saying that there is a phantom call on Crosby who did LIGHTLY hook the defenseman causing a turnover I really don't think I can take this commentary. Usually I can tolerate it, when it's Pittsburgh and Crosby it really is that much worse

Morrow scores a goal with a distinct kicking motion. Ladies and gentle I give you, soccer on ice.

between McQuire screaming about Morrow not kicking the puck (saying it about 8 times) and him saying that there is a phantom call on Crosby who did LIGHTLY hook the defenseman causing a turnover I really don't think I can take this commentary. Usually I can tolerate it, when it's Pittsburgh and Crosby it really is that much worse

the TSN guys were shocked it counted

Only started watching half way through the 1st period and haven't seen a replay of that goal yet, so can't comment, but the call on Crosby, it was pretty awful. How often do you see a hooking call on a player with one hand on his stick who doesn't lift it above knee level?

Pens are the favorites to win the Cup for sure.

They score enough goals where they don't have to defend well or have great goaltending. If Crosby and Shrek stay healthy, they'll be very hard to beat.

Chicago scores a lot of goals. Look what happened when they faced Howie. I agree that they're probably the favorites though

Neil doesn't take losing very well

Pens look good because they haven't been tested and faced a worthy opponent yet. The Bruins-Pens ECF would leave me thinking it would be a slobber-knocker of a series.

They were tested by the Isles. Much of it was because of Fleury, but they were still tested.

One could say we're not being tested by the Hawks because we're up 3-1. It's not that simple.

Pens look good because they haven't been tested and faced a worthy opponent yet. The Bruins-Pens ECF would leave me thinking it would be a slobber-knocker of a series.

I'll pick the Bruins just because they're more "battle ready", and as you said, the Pens haven't even faced a real threat yet. Bruins in 7.

Pens if Rask pulls more stunts like last night, though.

Karlsson is a joke on defense.

A joke might be overstating, but it's a joke he won the Norris. He is young and can develop that aspect of his game but right now he's a great offensive defenseman who makes a lot of bad decisions defensively.

The funny thing is when he turns out not to be the best defenseman of all time, Sens fans will likely blame Cooke.