• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (7) Ottawa Senators vs (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Equal chance of being a 4 game sweep and it going the distance. Either way Pittsburgh is making the finals.

Guest irishock

I don't think they will.

No team in the East can match their offense. The only reason the Pens didn't cruise to the cup last year was because Philly had even better offensive firepower. Now that they've added Iginla, Morrow and Murray, the 2013 Pens are the best offensive team since the 2002 Wings. In fact the only team in the world that can beat Sid's team right now is Chicago.

They'll cruise through Ottawa in 4-5, and then the Bruins in 5.

Equal chance of being a 4 game sweep and it going the distance. Either way Pittsburgh is making the finals.

Assuming Pens get better goaltending than last round, Pens make it. If the goaltending is still an issue, then not a chance.

Pens in 6 is my prediction though.

No team in the East can match their offense. The only reason the Pens didn't cruise to the cup last year was because Philly had even better offensive firepower. Now that they've added Iginla, Morrow and Murray, the 2013 Pens are the best offensive team since the 2002 Wings. In fact the only team in the world that can beat Sid's team right now is Chicago.

They'll cruise through Ottawa in 4-5, and then the Bruins in 5.

Defence wins championships. The Pens played awful in the first round. Don't look like a championship team at all.

The 2002 Wings was good on the blue line, as well as in goal. They will not go the distance if they got to score 5-6 goals per game to win.

Guest irishock

They will not go the distance if they got to score 5-6 goals per game to win.

But that's exactly what they'll do. No modern defense can stop that Pittsburgh team from putting up 5 goals at will. As long as Vokoun can keep it under 4, the Pens have the cup on lock.

But that's exactly what they'll do. No modern defense can stop that Pittsburgh team from putting up 5 goals at will. As long as Vokoun can keep it under 4, the Pens have the cup on lock.

Guess they should just cancel the play offs then.

If the Islanders could give them everything they can handle, What makes people think teams like Boston or Washington would just roll over and die for them?

The pens played with zero intensity the first round. Sooner or later someone is gonna jump on that. I'm not sold on the Pens what so ever. Putting in offense has never worked before and it won't start now.

Guest irishock

The pens played with zero intensity the first round.

That's exactly what's so scary. Neal and Crosby coasted through the first round. Only Malkin and maybe Kunitz actually put in effort against NY. We haven't even seen the best of the Pens yet. Crosby can put up maybe 60 pts in the playoffs if he really wanted to, but instead he doesn't want to overwork himself and get injured.

Boston and Washington will make it a little physical, but when it comes to hockey they'll be blown out by scores of 7-3, 8-2, etc. by a focused Pittsburgh team.

That's exactly what's so scary. Neal and Crosby coasted through the first round. Only Malkin and maybe Kunitz actually put in effort against NY. We haven't even seen the best of the Pens yet. Crosby can put up maybe 60 pts in the playoffs if he really wanted to, but instead he doesn't want to overwork himself and get injured.

Boston and Washington will make it a little physical, but when it comes to hockey they'll be blown out by scores of 7-3, 8-2, etc. by a focused Pittsburgh team.

The pens were flat out awful. They could barely make a pass in that first round. And they barely got by the Islanders. The ISLANDERS. The Pens would not be getting no 7 or 8 goals vs the bruins. Not a chance.

The Pens were able to capitalize on the mistakes a young Islanders team made. That was the difference. They may make the final 4, but they sure as hell aren't gonna make the finals with the Defense (or lack there of) that they have.

There is nothing scary about this Pens team at all. They looked very beatable. They got outworked, and took stupid penalties. Until they do something with their D, they arent winning any cups.

Edit: If spending all the money on offense was a sure way to win it all, Teams would have been winning that way for years. Teams with D always shut them down. Especially a big tough team like the Bruins who will just wear them down.

Edited by marcaractac

Although the Penguins didn't look very good against the Islanders, it'd be a disservice to actual analysis to not give credit to New York's speed. Every series presents a different matchup, and Pittsburgh was playing against arguably the fastest team in the playoffs, with a ton of young burners. That fast transition game gave Pittsburgh nightmares. Is Ottawa that fast? I'm not sure... but they're definitely not as fast as New York.

There seems to be this rock-paper-scissors simplicity to analysis on the Internet. Just because a team is listed as a low seed doesn't automatically mean that they don't present a tough matchup, or that every seed ranked higher than them are "better" in every way.

Pittsburgh's biggest weakness is still in net. I'm curious whether Bylsma starts Fleury this series... managing confidence is always tricky, but I think he'd be pretty dumb not to play Vokoun. My gut says the Penguins beat Ottawa in 5 games, but Anderson and a solid Senator defense can level the playing field. I just don't think they have the offense and speed to hem the Penguins in their zone to exploit what is not a very good defense.

Although the Penguins didn't look very good against the Islanders, it'd be a disservice to actual analysis to not give credit to New York's speed. Every series presents a different matchup, and Pittsburgh was playing against arguably the fastest team in the playoffs, with a ton of young burners. That fast transition game gave Pittsburgh nightmares. Is Ottawa that fast? I'm not sure... but they're definitely not as fast as New York.

There seems to be this rock-paper-scissors simplicity to analysis on the Internet. Just because a team is listed as a low seed doesn't automatically mean that they don't present a tough matchup, or that every seed ranked higher than them are "better" in every way.

Pittsburgh's biggest weakness is still in net. I'm curious whether Bylsma starts Fleury this series... managing confidence is always tricky, but I think he'd be pretty dumb not to play Vokoun. My gut says the Penguins beat Ottawa in 5 games, but Anderson and a solid Senator defense can level the playing field. I just don't think they have the offense and speed to hem the Penguins in their zone to exploit what is not a very good defense.

Agree with all of this. I just don't think it's gonna be a slaughter with a bunch of 8-2, 7-3 games. I can see the Pens going as far as the conf finals, but I really can't see them going beyond that.

Guest irishock

They'll go with Vokoun and won't look back. Vokoun could put up 4.00 GAA on .850 and the Pens are still the favorites to win the cup by far

Pittsburgh is going to have to play some defence this round. There's no way the can expect to score 4 plus goals a night on Craig Anderson like they did on Nabokov.

Pens, again, embarrass themselves when matched up against a tougher team ( think last years Philly series)

Senators in 6.

They'll go with Vokoun and won't look back. Vokoun could put up 4.00 GAA on .850 and the Pens are still the favorites to win the cup by far

No. Just.....No

If Vokoun puts up those #'s in round 2 the Sens would win in 5 games or less. Be realistic here

Edited by marcaractac

No.

Guest irishock

Sidney's already a top 10 player in NHL history, and will probably top all of them when it's all said and done. I don't think it's that big of a stretch when you consider that he's already on pace to drop 50 in a 25 game cup run.

Granted, he's a cry baby and I hope the worst of him every single season, but there's no doubting the fact that he's just as good as Super Mario and Gretz.

Lol agreed. I couldn't even respond to that comment. One of the most outrageous things I've ever read on a hockey forum that wasn't trolling.

Not trolling at all. I do troll sometimes but I'm serious when I don't use tbh, tbqh, imo, imho, etc.

Edited by irishock

Sidney's already a top 10 player in NHL history, and will probably top all of them when it's all said and done. I don't think it's that big of a stretch when you consider that he's already on pace to drop 50 in a 25 game cup run.

Granted, he's a cry baby and I hope the worst of him every single season, but there's no doubting the fact that he's just as good as Super Mario and Gretz.

Do you honestly think he's gonna keep up that up when they play tougher teams as the playoffs continue? Not a chance.

And top all of them when all is said and done? He'd have to stay healthy first. And when it comes to Wayne's scoring records, no one will EVER touch them. Not even the golden boy. And there is a lot of doubt when it comes to touching Gretz.