• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (7) Ottawa Senators vs (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Seriously? Is this your honest-to God-opinion or are you trolling again?

Honest to god. When I watch Sid play that's how I feel. And I hate him.

It's similar to the LeBron James deal in the NBA. He has Magic Johnson's passing skills, Wilt's physical build, MJ's leaping ability and Kobe's footwork. Some say he may end up better than Michael Jordan. Michaelf****** Jordan. MJ is the best athlete in Sports history, and if LBJ can stand up to him, Crosby can do Gretzky.

Edited by irishock

Wow, this thread features way, way, way too much overrating Crosby and way, way, way too much underrating Crosby. There's some places it's just not even worth having a discussion about him... which is a shame because, honestly, if you cut away all the undue hatred and the undue media hype that surrounds him, there's a pretty unique player that deserves a fair shake.

If Anderson stays hot and Ottawa plays like a team....It could go 7. The Islanders showed Pittsburgh's blood (in more ways than 1) in round 1. The other eastern teams can smell blood in the water

He looked like that because it was the Islanders...

Exactly. The Isles aren't exactly the '77 Canadiens here. The Islanders are... well, the Islanders. A team that made their first postseason appearance in 6 years and hasn't gone beyond the first round in 20 years. This was supposed to be like a bye round for the Pens and it almost went 7 games.

This round they'll be up against the 2nd best defensive team in the NHL that just shutdown and destroyed one of the better offensive teams in the league in Montreal. I wouldn't expect Crosby to have a highlight reel round again. The Pens will need to win close, low scoring games in this round if they want to advance.

I don't think I'd describe Montreal as one of the better offensive teams in the league if you watched how they played to close the season: they were the #2 seed but they fell in ass-backwards.

By the same token, the Islanders were probably the fastest team in the playoffs, and that clearly created a matchup problem. It's always about matchups. Just because a team has a low seed doesn't mean they won't have some advantages.

I don't think I'd describe Montreal as one of the better offensive teams in the league if you watched how they played to close the season: they were the #2 seed but they fell in ass-backwards.

By the same token, the Islanders were probably the fastest team in the playoffs, and that clearly created a matchup problem. It's always about matchups. Just because a team has a low seed doesn't mean they won't have some advantages.

The days of having huge differences between #1 and #8 are over as well. Back in the 80s, the top seed would have 100+ points and they'd be going up a team that had about 50 points. big difference these days. Also, consider that the 8th seed teams are usually coming in pretty hot because they had to play so well to squeak in at the end. Not surprising at all that there would be challenges for top seeds. The NYI were coming into the playoffs pretty hot.

To the comment that 60pts in the playoffs wouldn't be that big of a deal.....where the hell is that coming from? If it was done, it would be about 30% better than any other player in the history of the game has been able to do. 30% is a lot (to put in perspective, if you look at Gretzky's 215 point season, it would be like putting up 280 points).

Honest to god. When I watch Sid play that's how I feel. And I hate him.

It's similar to the LeBron James deal in the NBA. He has Magic Johnson's passing skills, Wilt's physical build, MJ's leaping ability and Kobe's footwork. Some say he may end up better than Michael Jordan. Michaelf****** Jordan. MJ is the best athlete in Sports history, and if LBJ can stand up to him, Crosby can do Gretzky.

Crosby needs a few more rings for that to happen.

All I can do is laugh... Crosby is good but 60 I'm what 20 some games in playoffs??? When he can't even pull that in the regular season against a bad Atlantic division. Crosby is one of the best current players in the NHL but seriously lol

Please off the top of your head name the Islanders D... And then name the islanders dman you would honestly want in our top 4??? Streit (old)... Hamonic... Yes but he is probably the only one... Vis, no thinks almost all isles fans were shredding him. Then look at their goaltending, Nabby has always been a playoff choke artist and once again failed... There's a reason we wanted him as a backup and sharks didnt want him lol. Capuano can't coach to save his life and I'm sorry a team consisting of Crosby, Mallkn, Neal, Iginla. Kunitz, Letang, Fluery, Morrow. Took 6 games, 2 Ot's (which one was hand fed to the Pens) to bounce Tavares, and ummmm Moulson, okposo, Nielsen??? Lol

Ps... I hate myself for feeding the self proclaimed non troll unless he says tbh, tbqh and so on lol

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Guest Bettman

Crosby needs a few more rings for that to happen.

True, true. Of course I'm assuming that the Pens will attract players like Iginla, Hossa, and Murray all the damn time so they'd have lots of chances at winning the cup. And he has to healthy as well.

Ps... I hate myself for feeding the self proclaimed non troll unless he says tbh, tbqh and so on lol

True, true. Of course I'm assuming that the Pens will attract players like Iginla, Hossa, and Murray all the damn time so they'd have lots of chances at winning the cup. And he has to healthy as well.

The only legitimate troll post I made was claiming that the McCollum call up was a conspiracy to create an excuse for the team's inevitable playoff exit. That was it. Every one of my Crosby posts is honest-to-god. Oh well, now I've been suspended for 7 days because of them. I'm not acknowledging the suspension, though. I should've been suspended for my first troll post, but definitely not the 'Sid has a chance to be better than Wayne' arguments.

Pittsburgh never "attracted" Hossa, he was traded there. And he passed up two opportunities to re-sign with the Penguins in favor of the Red Wings and Blackhawks.

Guest DeGraa55

Pittsburgh never "attracted" Hossa, he was traded there. And he passed up two opportunities to re-sign with the Penguins in favor of the Red Wings and Blackhawks.

Wasn't hossa iglinla and Murray all traded there?

The Habs were 5th in the league in goals scored. 3 goals behind Chicago for 2nd and they were 5th in the league playing teams like Boston and Ottawa multiple times who are a couple of the best defensive teams in the league.

The Habs were 5th in the league in goals scored. 3 goals behind Chicago for 2nd and they were 5th in the league playing teams like Boston and Ottawa multiple times who are a couple of the best defensive teams in the league.

My point is that if you watched how Montreal was playing the last couple weeks of the season, they were struggling. It doesn't matter what season stats you have when you enter the postseason on a 4-6 run. They weren't playing good hockey when it mattered.

At any rate, every series comes down to individual matchups. Just because one team looks good or another team looks bad doesn't mean that these are "trends" -- it means that those were the results of whatever strengths/weaknesses of those two teams when they were paired up against each other. I try not to paint with such a broad brush when it comes to analyzing matchups.

It's been a pretty boring game so far, honestly. I thought that Ottawa was playing the trap very well, as Pittsburgh was completely unable to move through the neutral zone or sustain pressure in the offensive zone. But... trap games just aren't much fun to watch. As usual, the Penguins power play has been lethal.

Ottawa's transition game has been pretty good. If they get a sustained forecheck going, keep the puck in Pittsburgh's zone, the Penguins defense is liable to break down. I am pretty sure the game would at least be tied right now if Fleury had started.

Yep....Pens having pretty good luck tonight...I hate the Pens.

Looks like we are stuck with Edzo and crew for our games since Strader is calling the Pit game...sure wish we could've drawn Strader instead...

Dupuis is a UFA come July....I think he would look nice in a Wings sweater....