double OT....Sens powerplay...

#102 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Come on Sens...

SENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#103 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

sens win!

#104 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Take this refs, nhl, Daily and Bettman you've tried to give it to the Pens but the resilent Sens prevail!

well done

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#105 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Did they really?

#106 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Did they really?

Yes they did.

#107 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, this is totally sticking it to the refs and the league.  No way the Senators just dug down deep and found a way.   :brow:

Honestly, the one thing that can ruin a game for me is fans that talk about league conspiracies.

#108 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Heck yes!!! I still don't see them winning this series but got to hate them damn pens.

Yeah, this is totally sticking it to the refs and the league.  No way the Senators just dug down deep and found a way.   :brow:

Honestly, the one thing that can ruin a game for me is fans that talk about league conspiracies.

I agree.

Nothing like hearing "the league hates the wings" or "the league tells the refs to help pens" etc etc.

One thing however NBC does cram Crosby down our throats. And I understand why the do it for marketing ....get new fans I interested etc etc but its way too much.

#109 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Agreed. If there was really a grand conspiracy, it would be talked brought up by more than just angry fans

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#110 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

The lack of physical play in this series is striking compared to all the other series.

I was thinking the same thing watching tonight's game.

Anyone else think the Adams hit on Spezza was a little over the line?

Heck yes!!! I still don't see them winning this series but got to hate them damn pens.

I agree.

Nothing like hearing "the league hates the wings" or "the league tells the refs to help pens" etc etc.

One thing however NBC does cram Crosby down our throats. And I understand why the do it for marketing ....get new fans I interested etc etc but its way too much.

I was checking out a couple Hawks boards after yesterday's game and there was quite a bit of "The NHL is always giving calls to the WIngs" and "NBC loves the WIngs, they can do no wrong". I had to laugh.

#111 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Awesome back and forth game. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#112 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

A chance to go up 3-0 in the series and they give up a shorthanded goal with 29 seconds left.  That could very well be the turning point in the series.  If this series goes back to Pittsburgh 2-2, this will get interesting and probably a little nasty.  The Pens don't handle losing very well and to be that close to a commanding lead and blowing it, they may reach some new lows.

#113 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

A chance to go up 3-0 in the series and they give up a shorthanded goal with 29 seconds left.  That could very well be the turning point in the series.  If this series goes back to Pittsburgh 2-2, this will get interesting and probably a little nasty.  The Pens don't handle losing very well and to be that close to a commanding lead and blowing it, they may reach some new lows.

I know, it's just too bad that Neil won't be in the game to help out the Sens when things do get chippy.

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#114 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Pulling the goalie to negate a penalty, in the closing seconds - and scoring! to tie it up and send it to overtime, and winning in double.

Don't think I'd ever seen that before. Really effing awsm.

Also, what was with that play where Orpik kinda-sorta pushed whats-his-face into the boards? Is it just me, or was that not even borderline scary/dangerous/reckless, despite every talking head in the world trying to make it into This Big Thing (e.g. Katherine Tapperin, or however you say her name - "...pushing him into the boards...") I mean, there was some Grade-A (or F) thuggery in the game, e.g. Karlsson slashing Cooke's stick with his face. Talk about that stuff.

Edited by Dabura, 20 May 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#115 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

The goal horn at end of the game on the overtime winner was loud and long... 

#116 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Pulling the goalie to negate a penalty, in the closing seconds - and scoring! to tie it up and send it to overtime, and winning in double.

Don't think I'd ever seen that before. Really effing awsm.

Also, what was with that play where Orpik kinda-sorta pushed whats-his-face into the boards? Is it just me, or was that not even borderline scary/dangerous/reckless, despite every talking head in the world trying to make it into This Big Thing (e.g. Katherine Tapperin, or however you say her name - "...pushing him into the boards...") I mean, there was some Grade-A (or F) thuggery in the game, e.g. Karlsson slashing Cooke's stick with his face. Talk about that stuff.

Seemed like the refs were looking the other way on Pens fouls a lot last night. Adams hit on Spezza should have been called IMO. If you hit Torres for his "glancing blow" then that s*** should have been called.

#117 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Adams's hit on Spezza was flat-out interference. Spezza never had anything like possession of the puck. Kronwall was ejected in 2009 on a very similar play in which Havlat did have legal possession of the puck.

The Pens got away with a lot last night, unsurprisingly. Fortunately, the forces of good won the game.

#118 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Alfie's goal was amazing.

#119 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

AN NBC SEGMENT ON CROSBY?

THIS NEVER HAPPENS!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#120 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

It's no secret who I am rooting for!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com