• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#141 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Is there anyone on this forum that is rooting for the Pens?

that would be me!! :D

crosby > datsyuk

#142 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

that would be me!! :D

crosby > datsyuk

Troll much?

Question was is there anyone on this board that is going for the Pens?

First response was legit.

Second was not.

:)

#143 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Without Fleury, Pittsburgh will be difficult to beat. 

Imagine if they benched that idiot last season.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#144 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Last season they didn't have a capable backup so it wouldn't have made any difference.  But it seems that the Pittsburgh defense is much more calm with Vokoun in net than Fleury... they actually look decent.

Speed, an aggressive forecheck, and sustained puck possession exposes their defense though, as the Islanders showed.  Although the Senators aren't a particularly slow team so who knows?

#145 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

I am sure there are people who still believe the world is a rectangle, so I guess somewhere somehow a few lurkers might cheer for them but to me it is easy:

GO SENS GO it ain't over yet!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#146 Free_Candy

Free_Candy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Probably just me as your friendly neighborhood Pens fan... but I just check in here and other team forums from time to time to get other fans perspectives on the league and game so I don't know if I count.

"It's a great day for hockey." -- Badger

#147 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

What the f*** happened?!

The Senators remembered they're a 7 seed.  I like how after the game Alfredsson said "We probably won't win this series".  Nice.  That's real leadership for you there.  

#148 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

This series should have been a sweep if Pitts didnt' let up that other game while on the PP. This series is all but over

IPB Image

#149 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Wow Alfie actually said that?  I never did think that guy was a leader. I still recall the Cup Final in 2007 when he had a little hissy fit and shot the puck at Niedermayer.  I knew they were done in that series then and they were.  The Sens are in over their heads.  They don't really believe they can beat the Pens and it shows.  Whereas the #7 Wings believe they can beat the Hawks and are.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#150 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Wow Alfie actually said that?  I never did think that guy was a leader. I still recall the Cup Final in 2007 when he had a little hissy fit and shot the puck at Niedermayer.  I knew they were done in that series then and they were.  The Sens are in over their heads.  They don't really believe they can beat the Pens and it shows.  Whereas the #7 Wings believe they can beat the Hawks and are.

Heard that quote this morning as well and my first reaction was "wow", especially having it come from the team captain.  However, the more I thought about it, I'm not sure how to feel about it.  Firstly, I may be taking it out of context.  What I heard was something like this: reporter asks "do you think the Sens can win the series", he responds by saying "probably not"...followed by something else.

So, yeah, it looks like he's sort of giving up, not really a good way to lead, etc.  Or is it simple honesty?  Too often all we hear are stupid cliches, rather than honest answers.  Does anyone think the Sens can pull off a series win?  "Probably not" is likely the correct, honest answer.  Doesn't mean they can't do it.

I heard the suggestion that maybe he said that as a tactic, gets into the Pens heads to think that the Sens are done...going to roll over.  I think that is very far fetched though, don't think he put that much though into, simply answered the question honestly.  Got a lot talk this morning on the radio though (in Toronto)....have no idea what they are saying in Ottawa.

#151 Free_Candy

Free_Candy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

http://video.senator...bed-share-video

You guys should see MacLean's presser. It was about 20 seconds long and really something else. I like him though. And he did seem to show more fight and resolve than Alfie did. Jeez..

#152 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

What Alfredsson could have said was something like 'Yeah, it looks bad, but we've got good players and a good ethic and we go out to win every night. Likely or not we are going out there and not just give up.'

Still admits the uphill battle, but shows a bit of fight that could inspire his team.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#153 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Alfredsson picked up the puck after the final whistle. That can mean only one thing.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#154 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Alfredsson picked up the puck after the final whistle. That can mean only one thing.

I heard that as well, but even if he thought they would come back and win.....if they don't....he would never get the chance again to get the puck from his last game played on home ice.

What Alfredsson could have said was something like 'Yeah, it looks bad, but we've got good players and a good ethic and we go out to win every night. Likely or not we are going out there and not just give up.'

Still admits the uphill battle, but shows a bit of fight that could inspire his team.

And that would have been the boring, stock, cliche response.  Would definitely have been less controversial though.

Not trying to defend him though, I'm by no stretch of the imagination an Alfie fan.

#155 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

"We're going to Pittsburgh, and we're coming to play..."

You know, the last time I heard that, it was "We're going to Flint and we're coming back here..."

And then the Mallards won the UHL Championship.

If Ottawa doesn't drag it to 6, they will drag the pens down with them.  MacLean will be sure of that.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#156 Free_Candy

Free_Candy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Toby I think you make some good points, to be honest. From his perspective as a veteran in his last days who has just lost a critical playoff game, he was likely feeling really disappointed and probably didn't feel like blowing sunshine up everyone's butt. I guess it is what it is. But I expect the Sens won't just roll over and die.

The Pens haven't been all that great at closing a series at home in recent years, for what it's worth. But then again they have been playing a much calmer and more focused game with Vokoun in net as opposed to Fleury and reducing some (but not all) stupid habits, maybe that trend for us will change this year. I guess we'll see.

Edited by Free_Candy, 23 May 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#157 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

sens just got hosed on a kicked in goal

#158 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Put a fork in the Sens.

They are done.

#159 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

No way the Pens beat the Bruins IMO. The pens havent faced a playoff calibre team yet these playoffs. They played 2 young, inexperienced teams. I dont think they have a chance in hell in a 7 game series vs the Bruins.

#160 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Morrow scores a goal with a distinct kicking motion. Ladies and gentle I give you, soccer on ice.

between McQuire screaming about Morrow not kicking the puck (saying it about 8 times) and him saying that there is a phantom call on Crosby who did LIGHTLY hook the defenseman causing a turnover I really don't think I can take this commentary. Usually I can tolerate it, when it's Pittsburgh and Crosby it really is that much worse