• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (7) Ottawa Senators vs (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

After hearing that a radio guy had control of the twitter in SJ or was it LA? Not sure I trust any of these twitter feeds as being "official" anymore. Although I am sure the org will still get in trouble even if they handed over control to someone else, dumb to allow that and still claim its official. These franchises can't afford to have someone on staff handle social media? I find that hard to believe.

They were tested by the Isles. Much of it was because of Fleury, but they were still tested.

One could say we're not being tested by the Hawks because we're up 3-1. It's not that simple.

I get where you are coming from, that being up in a series like this doesn't mean a team has it easy so far. I agree it isn't as simple.

The Isle's took advantage of shaky goal tending and a lazy Pens team that was relying on Crosby to do the work for them. They were slow but once they got going they chewed up the Islanders. Nabokov was terrible when he should not have been and teams somehow don't know how to defend against Pittsburgh's offensive play style. If the Isle's could have found another level they might have forced Game 7 and potentially risk upsetting the Pens, but they did not.

We are definitely being tested by the Blackhawks, but this is my opinion. They have a good team that can strike when we make mistakes. We won a very close game in Game 4 that was not our best game of the series by essentially hanging on to a 1 goal lead for half of the game. The Wings have a very bad record when they do not score 3 or more goals, but look how we shut them down at critical moments of the game (PK, last several minutes of the 3rd). Wings are being tested and we are coming up with some big answers to Chicago's game because we can take it to another level. We have finally broken through on the PP and have shutout a team that has not been shutout at all this season or playoffs.

I don't think it's fair to compare Detroit vs Chicago when talking about playoff tests anyway. Any rivalry matchup like that levels the playing field based purely on the hatred. On paper Chicago should be killing Detroit, but the bad blood neutralizes any advantages Chicago would otherwise have.

As for the Penguins, the Islanders definitely challenged them with their speed. New York was arguably the fastest team in the playoffs and that exposed the Penguins defense. It's not as though they don't have some high-end talent. As for Ottawa, they were the East's top-rated defense with a goalie that posted pretty incredible numbers this season. It's a little weird to hold it against Pittsburgh instead of giving them any credit for making it a short series.

I understand the point that New York and Ottawa aren't particularly experienced teams, and that Boston has more veteran players than either of them, but it's hard not to have Pittsburgh as the favorite to come out of the East. The Bruins are looking better than they did in their series against Toronto and compared to how they played the second half of the season in general but I'm still not sure about them; they have not seemed themselves since February or early March.