• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

WCSF - (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

Red Wings vs Blackhawks Series  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I think everyone is in agreement that the Wings have exceeded expectations. They have really played well when it comes to do or die games.

The rookies seem to have really grown in the past few weeks. Going up against the President's Trophy winners will be a heck of a challenge.

Hard to say the Wings will lose, but I think it'll be another hard fought series. Wings in 7

Game 1: Wednesday, Red Wings at Blackhawks, 8 p.m. on NBCSN, CBC

Game 2: Saturday, Red Wings at Blackhawks, 1 p.m. on NBC, CBC

Game 3: Monday, Blackhawks at Red Wings, 7:30 p.m. on NBCSN, CBC

Game 4: May 23, Blackhawks at Red Wings, 8 p.m. on NBCSN, CBC

*Game 5: May 25, Red Wings at Blackhawks, TBD on CBC

*Game 6: May 27, Blackhawks at Red Wings, TBD on CBC

*Game 7: May 29, Red Wings at Blackhawks, TBD on CBC

Edited by drumnj

I agree, very difficult to come out and say the Wings won't win, but it will be a very tough series nonetheless. While the Hawks don't have the size and mean streak that the Ducks have, they are very fast, and without Helm and DeKeyser we won't be able to match their speed, so we have to find a way to neutralize it. I say Wings in 7.

Nobody has picked wings in 4???????? Way too many "realists" here! :lol:

Really though, I cant see this series ending before game 6

I agree, very difficult to come out and say the Wings won't win, but it will be a very tough series nonetheless. While the Hawks don't have the size and mean streak that the Ducks have, they are very fast, and without Helm and DeKeyser we won't be able to match their speed, so we have to find a way to neutralize it. I say Wings in 7.

Push it long enough, and we may get one of those guys back

Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Hawks take this one pretty easily in 5 games.

Howard has to outplay Crawford by a farely large margin for Wings to have a chance. He didn't really elevate his game against the Ducks like I thought he would. That being said I think the Hawks win in 6 games, i hope i'm wrong.

Edited by Jaymister

I will never stop believing. I think the key for Detroit is to get the jump on a team who has spent a week not playing games. The realist in me says Hawks in 7, which would be an impressive feat in itself for the Wings to push it that far.

Hockey pools, I got Hawks in 7. In my heart? I won't stop believing. This team already went beyond expectations. Time to enjoy the ride :)

Howard has to outplay Crawford by a farely large margin for Wings to have a chance. He didn't really elevate his game against the Ducks like I thought he would. That being said I think the Hawks win in 6 games, i hope i'm wrong.

Howard had a couple bad games, but in games 6 and 7, he was money. IF he can build on that, we have a chance.

Edit: Is it just me or is it AWESOME to finally not have to play the Sharks in round 2?

Edited by marcaractac

I chose Wings in 6 because I feel this team of wildcards has a lot of momentum and are improving game to game. Chicago is going to be very tough and yes, we will have to rely on Jimmy big time.

Guest DeGraa55

I think hawks in five or six UNLESS z fil and franzen keep scoring. But if they stop were done no doubt.

All the pressure (in the world) is on the 'hawks.

And, sure, they can take it to us in the regular season - but, shoddy though we've been in the postseason these past few seasons, you know what? We're the playoff experts. We've been doing this for 22 straight seasons. Squaring off against ridiculously good clubs, some of which (Avs, Ducks) definitely had our number but, in some cases, still fell.

If Z and D can keep chugging along (Z especially, IMHO), if we can keep getting solid efforts from up and down the line-up, if our blue line can keep from imploding, and if Howard can play to the best of his abilities every night...we've got a real good shot, I think.

Also, special teams. So, so important, as always.

The Blackhawks don't scare me. I think we could take them under most circumstances, but the deck is severely stacked against us considering how the first round went for both teams. Chicago had virtually no travel, won in 5 games and is going to be well rested. Oh yeah, they have home ice and the best record in the league too. Meanwhile, we've been flying back and forth across the country over and over again in a hard fought, OT filled, 7 game series against the Ducks.

It would make my season if we knocked out the Hawks, but I have a hard time seeing it happen.

Hawks take this one pretty easily in 5 games.

Well, after you called the series over when the Ducks went up 3-2, I can definitely say you are no Nostradamus. :D

I am picking the Hawks in 7, but that is because they are rolling right now. The Wings will get a couple wins just from sheer will and determination. In the end though, Chicago is just that good.

The Blackhawks don't scare me. I think we could take them under most circumstances, but the deck is severely stacked against us considering how the first round went for both teams. Chicago had virtually no travel, won in 5 games and is going to be well rested. Oh yeah, they have home ice and the best record in the league too. Meanwhile, we've been flying back and forth across the country over and over again in a hard fought, OT filled, 7 game series against the Ducks.

It would make my season if we knocked out the Hawks, but I have a hard time seeing it happen.

This right here!

Edited by Nightfall

I haven't watched the Hawks much this year, but I just have a gut feeling that the Wings aren't tired. We are younger now and haven't seen any fatigue last series.

I'm happy with the season now but I don't see why the Wings couldn't win. I hear Sharp has been mediocre, and we can shut down at least one of Toews, Lane or Hossa. We didn't have Brunner, Anderson and Nyquist playing well last time the teams met. Franzen wasn't scoring, either, and our defense wasn't playing so well.

I feel like basing predictions off the regular season series is wrong in this case.

My blood pressure through the roof in 7 days is my prediction. Debating whether I listen to sports radio or not these next weeks (I am in Illinois so I get Chicago radio).

They have already said on the radio (not sure if it was update guy or the 2 hosts) that its a good thing they are facing Detroit instead of Anaheim because they dominated us during the regular season. Really?!! 3 games to OT and 1 blow out, just because you won them all does not equal domination. And isn't there a thing about if you beat a team a lot in regular season, its harder in playoffs? (or maybe thats football).

Heaven help my health.

If the wings can minimize their mistakes, I don't see why they can't win this series. I for one am happy the wings don't have to deal with the ducks forecheck anymore. 3/4 of the wing's mistakes last series were caused by the heavy pressure they applied.

I think the Wings have got a shot. That said, I'm also in the fortunate position of being satisfied with the season already as of tonight. I'll enjoy it either way.

Me too. And It's the playoffs, anything can happen. So I pick Wings in 6 and enjoy the ride whatever happens.

I do have to say this will probably be a less stressful series. Going into it we are expecting the worst and the Wings have overcome great odds to get here. It's all pretty much icing on the cake now and whatever happens will either be what we thought or elated to probably epic levels of homerism.

All the pressure (in the world) is on the 'hawks.

Spot on.The Hawks,#1 seed with stacked team play against #7 seed arch rival,with weakest team in years having the home ice advantage.

They are good,but they are flash and bones as well so let's take advantage on huge pressure they're under :)