• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

WCSF - (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

Red Wings vs Blackhawks Series  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, here it goes.... The ever on going debate Hossa or Franzen, Franzen or Hossa, which one should we have kept? This series, for me, will end it. Every last one of you no doubt know my opinion of Franzen and the choice I wish Holland would have made...BUT this will end it.

I am putting it out there right now, to all of you, IF either Franzen outscores Hossa this series win or lose OR Wings eliminate the Hawks I will (are you ready?) NEVER bring up the Hossa > Franzen EVER again! I might slip years from now, so if I do you can blast me and remind me of this statement. Doesn't mean I still won't talk about trading Franzen for a player we may need more, BUT again, the Hossa is better than Franzen debate will be OVER when it comes to me! (I can see a lot of you clapping right now! :D )

So.....

If Franzen outscores Hossa (win or lose the series) -OR- if the Wings eliminate the Hawks (even if Hossa outscores Franzen) I will be done with the debate forever.....

If Hossa outscores Franzen and the Hawks eliminate the Wings, nothing will change, it will just be status quo....

Game on!

(if you want my honest opinion, I obviously hope that I never mention the debate again with a Wings win!)

Wings need to be tough and nasty, the hawks if you can believe it had less/equal fights (depending on what you consider a fight) this year than us, they are one of the least physical teams in the league and according to their fans they lock up in a physical battle. The Wild aside form Clutterbuck gave them 0 physical challenge. Kronwall needs to hit early and often and nobody can give them any space physically,

Two months ago I would have said this was a Hawks sweep.

As it was, I would have predicted the Ducks winning in 6 for the last series.

Now, I am saying Hawks in 6, but I think it could be a Hawks sweep or the Wings winning in 6 or 7, I don't see very much middle ground otherwise. It'll either be the Hawks running the Wings over, or the Wings winning a hard fought series.

Of course my heart says Wings! But my brain says hawks. This is a much tougher matchup for us. The Ducks were a team carried by their forwards. The Hawks are much deeper, better on the blueline, and have better goal tending.

The layoff will hurt the hawks early. We will win 1 of the first 2 in Chicago. But by game 3 they will be firing on all pistons, and we will be in trouble. Our D is much better suited to handle the Ducks forwards than the Hawks. For us to win, Jimmy will have to steal the series. But I think we will go down in 5 or 6 games. Even if that happens, it has been a very good first year post Nicky.

Series Schedule

Game 1 Wednesday 8:00 at Chicago NBCSN, CBC

Game 2 Saturday 1:00 at Chicago NBC

Game 3 Monday 7:30 at Detroit NBCSN, CBC

Game 4 Thursday 5/23 8:00 at Detroit NBCSN, CBC

Game 5 Saturday 5/25 TBD

Game 6 Monday 5/27 TBD

Game 7 Wednesday 5/29 TBD

Series Schedule

Game 1 Wednesday 8:00 at Chicago NBCSN, CBC

Game 2 Saturday 1:00 at Chicago NBC

Game 3 Monday 7:30 at Detroit NBCSN, CBC

Game 4 Thursday 5/23 8:00 at Detroit NBCSN, CBC

Game 5 Saturday 5/25 TBD

Game 6 Monday 5/27 TBD

Game 7 Wednesday 5/29 TBD

Damn it! no weekend games at the Joe! I was going to make the 5 hour commute to the Joe if there was a Friday or Saturday game. Oh well, maybe I'll see one here in Chicago. (not fun being a road fan in a loud building, especially if the wings lose)

I will say it like this:

Chicago "had our number" by blowing us out once and beating us in OT for the rest of the games. That was then and this is now. Chicago will win in 4-5 games. If they can't make short work of us, they will really risk losing to us. If the Wings have a chance they will battle for it and win it in 7. I am very excited to see who shows up big to play against the Hawks. If we lose it is no sweat off our backs. I just want to see some more awesome playoff hockey. I think Chicago might collapse and fall to us (I say this with more confidence than ever), so I say Wings in 7.

Ok, here it goes.... The ever on going debate Hossa or Franzen, Franzen or Hossa, which one should we have kept? This series, for me, will end it. Every last one of you no doubt know my opinion of Franzen and the choice I wish Holland would have made...BUT this will end it.

This sounds like it needs it's own thread ;)

Hawks in 5 or 6, just think they have too much firepower offensively and Crawford is turning into a helluva goalie.

That being said, I would love to be incorrect obviously on this guess and it's been a blast watching this team in the playoffs so far. If Howard can continue to play with confidence in the latter part of this series, and others can help out Zetterberg and Datsyuk here and there in the goal department, they obviously got a shot.

Hawks in 5 or 6, just think they have too much firepower offensively and Crawford is turning into a helluva goalie.
That being said, I would love to be incorrect obviously on this guess and it's been a blast watching this team in the playoffs so far. If Howard can continue to play with confidence in the latter part of this series, and others can help out Zetterberg and Datsyuk here and there in the goal department, they obviously got a shot.

We can make a go of it if the Wings jump on them early. They've been off for a week, will take them a couple games to get back into full on playoff mode.

I'm a realist... Chicago will not be shooting at a back up goalie in this round. If the Wings win it will be in 6. I just think Chicago had a really easy round 1. However it will be real interesting to see how they handle the Wings 3rd line and conversely how the wings handle Chicago's third line... I think that's where this series is won or lost.

I think as of right now the Wings absolutely have a chance to win the series but I am not expecting that to happen and picked the Hawks in 6. I won't be completely surprised if the Wings over perform and win this in 7 though.

We can make a go of it if the Wings jump on them early. They've been off for a week, will take them a couple games to get back into full on playoff mode.

And even then, "Coach Q" doesn't feel the team really found its playoff groove against the Wild, i.e. they weren't as good as they could've, should've been. Maybe we can jump all over that, or something.

I'm a realist... Chicago will not be shooting at a back up goalie in this round.

Or a third-stringer, for that matter.

Edited by Dabura

1997 - Beat Quenneville's Blues, went on to win the Cup

1998 - Beat Quenneville's Blues, went on to win the Cup

2002 - Beat Quenneville's Blues, went on to win the Cup

2008 - Beat Quenneville's Avalanche, went on to win the Cup

2009 - Beat Quenneville's Blackhawks, went on to lose in the SCF in seven games

I am calling for the rare and elusive hard fought 4 game sweep by the Wings. You never hear anybody call any series that goes less than 7 games a hard fought series. Its always if the scrappier, less talented team pulls it out, its in a 7 game series. Seems weird that there are never 4 or 5 game series that all go down to the wire?

4 games, all go to OT, Wings magically win every OT game. With no carnival act shootouts in playoffs, Hawks can't rely on the slo-mo Kane borderline illegal shootout goals to win.