Photo
- - - - -

WCSF - (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Detroit Red Wings

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Red Wings vs Blackhawks Series

Who will win, how many games?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

I watched all of the Hawks-Wild series.  I think the Ducks were a legit team, but the Hawks' regular season dominance is a more accurate reflection of their actual skill level than the Ducks' was.  Some Wings fans are programmed to remember Corey Crawford as that scared 3rd stringer that got forced into the Playoff game against the Wings a bunch of years back, but the dude is legit, and their defense is STACKED.  Minnesota created nothing against them.  They're basically a super-powered version of Detroit (not unsurprising given the Bowman connection).  Toews and Kane are "star" players that aren't as offensively dominant as, say, Crosby and Malkin, but they play hard all over the ice.  Plus, Chicago has redeveloped their role players, which was a predictable problem for them in '11 and '12 after their contract with the devil (and the CBA) to stockpile as much top-level talent as the old CBA would "allow".

But I feel good about Detroit right now, so I'm going Detroit in 6 (the most popular answer).  I would not be in furious indignation if Chicago ends up with a 3-0 lead on us - they are that good.  But much of this regular season really was an unexpected tryout to figure out which of our "B" or "C" level prospects could be NHL'ers, and what roles they would play.  Abdelkader suddenly looks like he's built for the Playoffs, ala Franzen or Kesler (not to that level, but you get the poitn).  Nyquist is a stud, and Kindl is worlds better than he was when he came up.  And there's few, if any, goalies I would trade Howard for right now in terms of how he's played in the Playoffs. 

If we get any type of secondary scoring, Datsyuk and Z will eventually show up.  But I do think we need a split in Chicago, or we won't be able to dig out against a team like this.

#42 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

NVM

Edited by Nev, 13 May 2013 - 03:21 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#43 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

crawford doesn't scare me. it's the hawks defense that scares me.

i think crawford faced the same amount of grade A scoring chances in all 5 games than howard did in one game.

#44 dcd

dcd

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

I've seen more wings logos than hawks logos in downtown chi today..

Keep up the good work !!

#45 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

When a goalie is below average for the first 2-3 years of his career and then suddenly becomes a stud behind the best offense and one of the best defenses in the league, that probably means he isn't actually as good as people think. If we have a big game against him early in the series, it could veer him off track for the series (see all 3 Chicago goalies in 09)

I think Detroit will stun the hawks and win one or even both of the first 2 games. Chicago will obviously regroup, but their first adversity of the year will be too much for them to overcome.
Wings in 6

Edited by wingsfan4795, 13 May 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#46 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Wings should come out hard in game one and stun the somewhat arrogant hawks. Let them s*** in their pants and the good things will happen for the Wings. Go Wings !

Edited by arag, 13 May 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#47 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Best chance for the wings to win is to rattle Corey Crawford early and often. He's really not technically sound or overly athletic in net. Coyotes took the hawks down last year it can be done but it's an uphill climb
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#48 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

I love the optimism now by some of the same people that said the Wings were going to make the playoffs and the Wings weren't going to beat the 2 seed ducks. Support the team until the last horn sounds. The Wings just need to get a split in Chicago and the Wings fans will do the rest at the Joe!!!

*werent going to make the playoffs ^^^^

#49 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Wings in 6, steal one in Chicago right away and be very physical against these guys!

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#50 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

I picked the Wings in 7 because I'm a Wing's fan. 

Besides, it's not the Hawks I can't stand it's their fans.

GO WINGS!

#51 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Think we can all agree, this aint the same wings team the hawks faced in regular season.

Confidence is a dangerous thing!

#52 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Think we can all agree, this aint the same wings team the hawks faced in regular season.

I agree.

Samuelsson was injured then.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#53 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hopefully we see some of this in the series.

XeqsP.gif

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#54 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

pressure is on the hawks...  hopefully the wings will come to play.   This series will go to game 6 no matter what.

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Ok, here it goes.... The ever on going debate Hossa or Franzen, Franzen or Hossa, which one should we have kept?  This series, for me, will end it.  Every last one of you no doubt know my opinion of Franzen and the choice I wish Holland would have made...BUT this will end it.

I am putting it out there right now, to all of you, IF either Franzen outscores Hossa this series win or lose OR Wings eliminate the Hawks I will (are you ready?) NEVER bring up the Hossa > Franzen EVER again! I might slip years from now, so if I do you can blast me and remind me of this statement.  Doesn't mean I still won't talk about trading Franzen for a player we may need more, BUT again, the Hossa is better than Franzen debate will be OVER when it comes to me! (I can see a lot of you clapping right now! :D )

So.....

If Franzen outscores Hossa (win or lose the series) -OR- if the Wings eliminate the Hawks (even if Hossa outscores Franzen) I will be done with the debate forever.....

If Hossa outscores Franzen and the Hawks eliminate the Wings, nothing will change, it will just be status quo....

Game on!

(if you want my honest opinion, I obviously hope that I never mention the debate again with a Wings win!)

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#56 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Wings need to be tough and nasty, the hawks if you can believe it had less/equal fights (depending on what you consider a fight) this year than us, they are one of the least physical teams in the league and according to their fans they lock up in a physical battle. The Wild aside form Clutterbuck gave them 0 physical challenge. Kronwall needs to hit early and often and nobody can give them any space physically, 

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#57 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Two months ago I would have said this was a Hawks sweep.

As it was, I would have predicted the Ducks winning in 6 for the last series.

Now, I am saying Hawks in 6, but I think it could be a Hawks sweep or the Wings winning in 6 or 7, I don't see very much middle ground otherwise.  It'll either be the Hawks running the Wings over, or the Wings winning a hard fought series.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#58 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

I actually don't hope for an easy ride for the Wings.  I want them to win in 6 or 7 games.  I am really scared of rust with this team.  If we can keep them fresh I think we can go far.

#59 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

If Jimmy loses the third period jitters we have a solid chance to beat the Hawks.

#60 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hopefully we see some of this in the series.

XeqsP.gif

I still want to know where the heck that linesman comes from..he just materializes out of nowhere!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG