Photo
- - - - -

WCSF - (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Detroit Red Wings

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Red Wings vs Blackhawks Series

Who will win, how many games?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Of course my heart says Wings! But my brain says hawks. This is a much tougher matchup for us. The Ducks were a team carried by their forwards. The Hawks are much deeper, better on the blueline, and have better goal tending.

The layoff will hurt the hawks early. We will win 1 of the first 2 in Chicago. But by game 3 they will be firing on all pistons, and we will be in trouble. Our D is much better suited to handle the Ducks forwards than the Hawks. For us to win, Jimmy will have to steal the series. But I think we will go down in 5 or 6 games. Even if that happens, it has been a very good first year post Nicky.

#62 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Series Schedule

Game 1 Wednesday 8:00 at Chicago  NBCSN, CBC

Game 2 Saturday 1:00 at Chicago  NBC

Game 3 Monday 7:30 at Detroit  NBCSN, CBC

Game 4 Thursday 5/23 8:00 at Detroit  NBCSN, CBC

Game 5 Saturday 5/25 TBD

Game 6 Monday 5/27 TBD

Game 7 Wednesday 5/29 TBD

#63 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Series Schedule

Game 5 Saturday 5/25 TBD

Game 6 Monday 5/27 TBD

Damn it! no weekend games at the Joe! I was going to make the 5 hour commute to the Joe if there was a Friday or Saturday game. Oh well, maybe I'll see one here in Chicago. (not fun being a road fan in a loud building, especially if the wings lose)

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#64 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

I will say it like this:

Chicago "had our number" by blowing us out once and beating us in OT for the rest of the games. That was then and this is now. Chicago will win in 4-5 games. If they can't make short work of us, they will really risk losing to us. If the Wings have a chance they will battle for it and win it in 7. I am very excited to see who shows up big to play against the Hawks. If we lose it is no sweat off our backs. I just want to see some more awesome playoff hockey. I think Chicago might collapse and fall to us (I say this with more confidence than ever), so I say Wings in 7.

40 for life.

#65 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Ok, here it goes.... The ever on going debate Hossa or Franzen, Franzen or Hossa, which one should we have kept?  This series, for me, will end it.  Every last one of you no doubt know my opinion of Franzen and the choice I wish Holland would have made...BUT this will end it.

This sounds like it needs it's own thread ;)

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#66 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hawks in 5 or 6, just think they have too much firepower offensively and Crawford is turning into a helluva goalie.

That being said, I would love to be incorrect obviously on this guess and it's been a blast watching this team in the playoffs so far.  If Howard can continue to play with confidence in the latter part of this series, and others can help out Zetterberg and Datsyuk here and there in the goal department, they obviously got a shot.

#67 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hawks in 5 or 6, just think they have too much firepower offensively and Crawford is turning into a helluva goalie.

That being said, I would love to be incorrect obviously on this guess and it's been a blast watching this team in the playoffs so far.  If Howard can continue to play with confidence in the latter part of this series, and others can help out Zetterberg and Datsyuk here and there in the goal department, they obviously got a shot.

We can make a go of it if the Wings jump on them early. They've been off for a week, will take them a couple games to get back into full on playoff mode. 

#68 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm a realist... Chicago will not be shooting at a back up goalie in this round. If the Wings win it will be in 6. I just think Chicago had a really easy round 1. However it will be real interesting to see how they handle the Wings 3rd line and conversely how the wings handle Chicago's third line... I think that's where this series is won or lost.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#69 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think as of right now the Wings absolutely have a chance to win the series but I am not expecting that to happen and picked the Hawks in 6. I won't be completely surprised if the Wings over perform and win this in 7 though.

#70 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

We can make a go of it if the Wings jump on them early. They've been off for a week, will take them a couple games to get back into full on playoff mode. 

And even then, "Coach Q" doesn't feel the team really found its playoff groove against the Wild, i.e. they weren't as good as they could've, should've been. Maybe we can jump all over that, or something.

I'm a realist... Chicago will not be shooting at a back up goalie in this round.

Or a third-stringer, for that matter.

Edited by Dabura, 15 May 2013 - 04:39 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#71 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

1997 - Beat Quenneville's Blues, went on to win the Cup

1998 - Beat Quenneville's Blues, went on to win the Cup

2002 - Beat Quenneville's Blues, went on to win the Cup

2008 - Beat Quenneville's Avalanche, went on to win the Cup

2009 - Beat Quenneville's Blackhawks, went on to lose in the SCF in seven games

Don't Toews me, bro!

#72 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

We need a fourth line.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#73 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I gotta feeling that it's gonna be the Wings in 7.

Edited by F.Michael, 15 May 2013 - 07:12 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#74 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

I called Hawks in 6, but the Wings have me really wondering if they can knock off the powerhouse Hawks.  If the Wings get a split in Chicago, I think they'll take the series.  If they lose the first 2 games, they'll have a hard time crawling out of that hole.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#75 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

I am calling for the rare and elusive hard fought 4 game sweep by the Wings. You never hear anybody call any series that goes less than 7 games a hard fought series. Its always if the scrappier, less talented team pulls it out, its in a 7 game series. Seems weird that there are never 4 or 5 game series that all go down to the wire?

4 games, all go to OT, Wings magically win every OT game. With no carnival act shootouts in playoffs, Hawks can't rely on the slo-mo Kane borderline illegal shootout goals to win.

#76 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I really like the last three posts.

Also, hey, did you guys know Quenneville was one of Marc Crawford's assistant cronies coaches in '95-'96? So I guess he sort of has beaten the Wings in the playoffs.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#77 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Series Schedule

Game 5 Saturday 5/25 TBD

Game 6 Monday 5/27 TBD

Saturday matinee game....so nice to not have this series involve a California team!

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#78 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

I am making an addendum.

I will be happy with a good, clean, skillful series. I don't care who wins (well obviously I wish for the Wings to win). But I want to see ZERO referee mishaps, ZERO faceoff cheating/complaining, and ZERO Shanahanigans affecting the outcome of this series.

#79 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I changed my mind, I want some Shanahanigans for Rosival cross check to Abby's head and Shaw doing a flying elbow. Suspend some of these jerks. Aren't they supposed to be sending a message not to go for the head?

Edited by Rhah, 15 May 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#80 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Cross check to Abby

http://prohockeytalk...lkader-up-high/

Shaw's Flying Elbow wrestling move (not to mention Kindl was already engaged from another Hawk player, isn't it a penalty to hit an already engaged guy?)