• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

120px-NHL_Western_Conference.svg.png Western Conference Quarter Finals48661892013.gif

san_jose_sharks_logo_3952.png   vs.  los_angeles_kings_logo_3945.png       

Very interesting series. I'm gonna say LA in 7. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

tough call. Kings seem to have re-invented their winning DNA from the last year, but Sharks looked very impressive in their series. on paper it look like two very competitive teams and it comes down to matchups I guess..

#3 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

I just can't root for the Sharks, too many hated players (Pavelski, Slow Joe, Marleau) and divers (only way I could hate them more is if Setoguchi was still on the team, I kept hoping he would have done better at the Hawks so they could share my hate). I feel like Wings don't have much history or rivalry with Kings, so I am pretty neutral on them. I think one time years ago I had Lubomir Visnovsky on my fantasy team, I think he disappointed me and I thought he was a good sleeper pick :)

#4 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Short travel for both teams. I'm going to say Kings in 6

IPB Image

#5 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hard fought Californian battle. I'm going with the Kings in 7.

#6 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

If Detroit is able to upset Chicago, as much as I like LA, bring on the Sharks. Payback.

#7 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

This one is very easy. Go Kings !

#8 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I hate the sharks and like the kings. However, I want Detroit to keep the bragging rights of being the last team to go back to back. The sharks coasted against an easy/overrated opponent that I wish I could face. The kings won a hard fought series against a good team that is a couple pieces away from a cup. The kings seem to have better offense, better defense and better goaltending (although niemi somehow put up great numbers this year). Despite the fact that the kings are better on and off paper, the sharks have been known to win series' without doing anything spectacular.
Tough call, but I'll still go kings in 5. It's time for the minnows' luck to run out.

If Detroit is able to upset Chicago, as much as I like LA, bring on the Sharks. Payback.

What a great way to say good bye and good riddance to the west. Farewell tour around the conference, taking out our three biggest rivals in the process

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#9 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think kings take it in 6
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#10 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

For the first time in a while, LA has home ice. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#11 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

Can't root for San Jose, considering Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, and Burish.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#12 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

I don't think the Kings will come out of the WCF, but even as a former STH I cannot bring myself to root for the Sharks.  GO, KINGS, GO!!  Kings in 6.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#13 Canned Heat

Canned Heat

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

I think the Sharks are flying under the radar this year.  They are perennial underachievers.  As such, this year, nobody was/is talking about them.  Count the number of LGW posters (above) who picked the Kings.  Will be a tough series, but as a fan, I think the Kings would be a more difficult match-up than the Sharks (for the Wings). You'd never hear a hockey player say so, but if the Wings advance, I'd rather play the Sharks than the Kings.  If Quick gets on one of his rolls, it's over . . . 

#14 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

All depends on the Kings' PK.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#15 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

San Jose needs to win if our exorcism of ghosts past tour is to continue.

Anaheim-Chicago-San Jose-Pittsburgh is the way it has to unfold. I have foreseen it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#16 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

I think the Sharks are flying under the radar this year.  They are perennial underachievers.  As such, this year, nobody was/is talking about them.  Count the number of LGW posters (above) who picked the Kings. 

Everyone here is picking the Kings because we hate the Sharks.

#17 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

I got to go with the Kings in this series... I hate the Sharts....Just what he ^ said!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#18 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Everyone here is picking the Kings because we hate the Sharks.

Yep, pretty much sums it up. 

#19 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

If Quick continues to dominate the goal crease, LA in 5. If only I could hear Randy Hahn & Drew Remenda crying as the Kings pile-drive the Sharks into the ice. The Sharks a good team, but LA will suffocate them physically and mentally. No way out for the Sharks. Jumbo Joe will be golfing within a week and a half. I hate it, LA scares me the most. I would rather us play the Sharks if we beat Chicago.

Edited by RedLightGoesOn, 14 May 2013 - 06:02 PM.

40 for life.

#20 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

I've took a stance on every other matchup except for this one. I definitely don't want the Kings to repeat. I want us to remain the last team to accomplish that. And I'd LOVE to get revenge on the Sharks after the last 2 playoff series they won against us (or were given by the refs). But I just can't bring myself to root for them. So at this point I just hope for a grueling 7 game series, where both teams get beaten and battered.

As for my prediction, I'll say Kings in 7

Most likely Quick will be the difference

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg