• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF - (6) San Jose Sharks vs. (5) Los Angeles Kings

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I guess they spent slightly less time diving than Vancouver.

The opposite, actually. San Jose had 24 power plays to Vancouver's 10.

I've took a stance on every other matchup except for this one. I definitely don't want the Kings to repeat. I want us to remain the last team to accomplish that. And I'd LOVE to get revenge on the Sharks after the last 2 playoff series they won against us (or were given by the refs). But I just can't bring myself to root for them. So at this point I just hope for a grueling 7 game series, where both teams get beaten and battered.

As for my prediction, I'll say Kings in 7

Most likely Quick will be the difference

I'd rather have Kings repeat and take down Hawks (if we lose) then to have the Hawks go on to possibly get a shot at being a presidents' trophy stanley cup champion.

I think Kings have better shot at roughing up the Hawks and taking them out of their game. Sharks will try to match talent and skill and lose.

Edited by Rhah

Question to LGW:

If the Kings were to finally take the mantle from us of last team to go back to back, would anyone be disappointed/offended? Obviously bummed because it's not us anymore...

I wouldn't be offended in the least. Different if it were Chicago or Pittsburgh of course, but not LA.

If the Wings get bounced my bandwagon team is the Sharks. hear me out, Imagine a conference final situation between Chicago/SJ and Pittsburgh/Boston. You gotta take the lesser evil in that situation. Won't be surprised at all if LA wins this though.

Confused about which team you say is lesser evil? Out of Chicago/SJ/LA, I think LA is lesser evil. I also hope for Boston to have enough D to stop Pitt, but maybe if Lundquist stays great, Rangers can take them down but do they have enough other firepower?

If the Wings get bounced my bandwagon team is the Sharks. hear me out, Imagine a conference final situation between Chicago/SJ and Pittsburgh/Boston. You gotta take the lesser evil in that situation. Won't be surprised at all if LA wins this though.

I would take Boston in this scenario.

crazy end to the Kings game.

With less than 3 minutes left and the Kings down by a goal, Stuart gets a tripping call (which I thought was a good call because it was a prime scoring chance). Then another Shark gets a delay of game for puck over the glass. Looks like it might've hit carter on the way out, but hard to tell.

Kings score on 5 on 3, then again on remaining power play. Game over.

Guest Crymson

crazy end to the Kings game.

With less than 3 minutes left and the Kings down by a goal, Stuart gets a tripping call (which I thought was a good call because it was a prime scoring chance). Then another Shark gets a delay of game for puck over the glass. Looks like it might've hit carter on the way out, but hard to tell.

Kings score on 5 on 3, then again on remaining power play. Game over.

I cheered. I'd love to see the Sharks continue to never accomplish anything.

How many games has that delay of game for flipping the puck out of play, changed the outcome just in the playoffs? I really hate that call, especially in the playoffs. I wish that they would let the refs go back to using their judgment on that. Then again, that's just one more thing the refs would blow a crucial call on.

San Jose was doing pretty well, and then Stuart's penalty and Vlasic's right after,just buried them. And LA's powerplay made them pay with two defensemen in the box. Changed the whole series. If The Sharks kill the penalty on Stuart, they go home all tied up, and can make it a long series and wear each other out before we play the winner.

Oh well, sucks to be you, Sharks. Not like I was actually rooting for you. Just wanted a 7 game series. Think of how much more money would be made by those games. And that would make Gary a happy man.