• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF - (6) San Jose Sharks vs. (5) Los Angeles Kings

Rate this topic

tough call. Kings seem to have re-invented their winning DNA from the last year, but Sharks looked very impressive in their series. on paper it look like two very competitive teams and it comes down to matchups I guess..

I just can't root for the Sharks, too many hated players (Pavelski, Slow Joe, Marleau) and divers (only way I could hate them more is if Setoguchi was still on the team, I kept hoping he would have done better at the Hawks so they could share my hate). I feel like Wings don't have much history or rivalry with Kings, so I am pretty neutral on them. I think one time years ago I had Lubomir Visnovsky on my fantasy team, I think he disappointed me and I thought he was a good sleeper pick :)

I hate the sharks and like the kings. However, I want Detroit to keep the bragging rights of being the last team to go back to back. The sharks coasted against an easy/overrated opponent that I wish I could face. The kings won a hard fought series against a good team that is a couple pieces away from a cup. The kings seem to have better offense, better defense and better goaltending (although niemi somehow put up great numbers this year). Despite the fact that the kings are better on and off paper, the sharks have been known to win series' without doing anything spectacular.

Tough call, but I'll still go kings in 5. It's time for the minnows' luck to run out.

If Detroit is able to upset Chicago, as much as I like LA, bring on the Sharks. Payback.

What a great way to say good bye and good riddance to the west. Farewell tour around the conference, taking out our three biggest rivals in the process

I think the Sharks are flying under the radar this year. They are perennial underachievers. As such, this year, nobody was/is talking about them. Count the number of LGW posters (above) who picked the Kings. Will be a tough series, but as a fan, I think the Kings would be a more difficult match-up than the Sharks (for the Wings). You'd never hear a hockey player say so, but if the Wings advance, I'd rather play the Sharks than the Kings. If Quick gets on one of his rolls, it's over . . .

If Quick continues to dominate the goal crease, LA in 5. If only I could hear Randy Hahn & Drew Remenda crying as the Kings pile-drive the Sharks into the ice. The Sharks a good team, but LA will suffocate them physically and mentally. No way out for the Sharks. Jumbo Joe will be golfing within a week and a half. I hate it, LA scares me the most. I would rather us play the Sharks if we beat Chicago.

Edited by RedLightGoesOn

I've took a stance on every other matchup except for this one. I definitely don't want the Kings to repeat. I want us to remain the last team to accomplish that. And I'd LOVE to get revenge on the Sharks after the last 2 playoff series they won against us (or were given by the refs). But I just can't bring myself to root for them. So at this point I just hope for a grueling 7 game series, where both teams get beaten and battered.

As for my prediction, I'll say Kings in 7

Most likely Quick will be the difference

I'm thinking the Kings win in 5. Admittedly, though, part of that is because I always underrate San Jose. I frankly have no idea how they swept Vancouver.

I guess they spent slightly less time diving than Vancouver.