• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

LA has just been unfazed by everything the Sharks have done so far. This is scary.

40 for life.

#42 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

If the Wings get bounced my bandwagon team is the Sharks. hear me out, Imagine a conference final situation between Chicago/SJ and Pittsburgh/Boston. You gotta take the lesser evil in that situation. Won't be surprised at all if LA wins this though.

I would take Boston in this scenario.

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,128 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

That's quite the miraculous recovery by Vlasic.

Torres getting suspended is the best thing that happened to the Sharks.  Gomez has been great for them in a bigger role tonight.

#44 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,899 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

Stewie's first playoff goal since Game 7 against Phoenix in 2010. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

WOOOO KINGS!!!

#46 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,128 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

crazy end to the Kings game.

With less than 3 minutes left and the Kings down by a goal, Stuart gets a tripping call (which I thought was a good call because it was a prime scoring chance).  Then another Shark gets a delay of game for puck over the glass.  Looks like it might've hit carter on the way out, but hard to tell.

Kings score on 5 on 3, then again on remaining power play.  Game over.

#47 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

crazy end to the Kings game.

With less than 3 minutes left and the Kings down by a goal, Stuart gets a tripping call (which I thought was a good call because it was a prime scoring chance).  Then another Shark gets a delay of game for puck over the glass.  Looks like it might've hit carter on the way out, but hard to tell.

Kings score on 5 on 3, then again on remaining power play.  Game over.

I cheered. I'd love to see the Sharks continue to never accomplish anything.

#48 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

oh man as much as I hate to say this... the kings look dangerous... I pray to the hockey gods SJ goes 2-0 at home. 

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#49 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,899 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Wow. Great finish in LA. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#50 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

How many games has that delay of game for flipping the puck out of play, changed the outcome just in the playoffs? I really hate that call, especially in the playoffs. I wish that they would let the refs go back to using their judgment on that. Then again, that's just one more thing the refs would blow a crucial call on.

San Jose was doing pretty well, and then Stuart's penalty and Vlasic's right after,just buried them. And LA's powerplay made them pay with two defensemen in the box. Changed the whole series. If The Sharks kill the penalty on Stuart, they go home all tied up, and can make it a long series and wear each other out before we play the winner.

Oh well, sucks to be you, Sharks. Not like I was actually rooting for you. Just wanted a 7 game series. Think of how much more money would be made by those games. And that would make Gary a happy man.

#51 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

I hate sj immensely. keep it coming kings.

la will be my bandwagon team should the D bow out.
naked is a state of mind

#52 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

No one has mentioned Stuart's non-play on Lewis' goal? Interesting. 

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#53 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

oh man as much as I hate to say this... the kings look dangerous... I pray to the hockey gods SJ goes 2-0 at home. 

Ducks and Sharks dude?  You're cheering against the 1 good Californian team.  Just my 2 cents, but the Kings in my opinion are the only team in Cali that deserves a cheering section.    :yahoo:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#54 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

If you want the tin-foil hats you have to jump into this Sharks thread starting about the first of the goals in 22 seconds last night:

http://hfboards.hock...1431097&page=20

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#55 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

How many games has that delay of game for flipping the puck out of play, changed the outcome just in the playoffs? I really hate that call, especially in the playoffs. I wish that they would let the refs go back to using their judgment on that. Then again, that's just one more thing the refs would blow a crucial call on.

absolutely no to letting another call be the judgment of the officials. we complain like crazy as it is with all the other judgment calls they have to make. 

#56 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,240 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Well, now the Sharks know how we feel.  Anyone remember the puck that went into the netting and should have been whistled dead and wasn't, the Sharks score?  I didn't see this game so I don't know if the puck was off someone's arm or not, but kinda hard to feel bad for them.  

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#57 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

And here I thought LA had little chance to repeat last year after going down two to the Blues. Blues played them so well, too bad they faced off against each other in round 1. I think Blues AND LA both have chance of stopping the Hawks. I used to think Canucks could in a skill vs skill game but I no longer think that. LA and Blues can just out physical the Hawks.

#58 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

If you want the tin-foil hats you have to jump into this Sharks thread starting about the first of the goals in 22 seconds last night:

Boy there sure are a lot of ************ on that site :lol: . I didn't see the play, did it go off his arm???

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#59 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Oh, absolutely. I was tempted to politely note our frustration at the horribly biased reffing in 2010, but that would invariably result in a warn on HF.

#60 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

No one has mentioned Stuart's non-play on Lewis' goal? Interesting. 

He also took the penalty that initially placed the Kings on the PP.

Stuart ain't what he used to be. That's not surprising, given his advancing age coupled with his hard-nosed style of play. And he never had the world's best situational awareness. Still, it would be nice to have him around on the 2nd pairing.