• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianfive

Which team had/has a stronger forecheck Anaheim or Chicago?

Rate this topic

Just a question in order to try and gauge our chances versus the Hawks and the upcoming series. Since we had trouble with the Ducks and their forecheck but overcame it (barely).

What are our main obstacles with the Hawks? Their ability to score? Goaltending?

Anaheim's forecheck is the best I've seen in a long time. If anything gives Detroit trouble, it will be their pure firepower.

Stalberg is fast, but the Ducks had some young guys with blazing speed (especially Cogliano and Etem)

Chicago is harder to knock off the puck because they are trying to hold onto it more. Anaheim could get rattled, and did. Srsly, I thought Corey Perry's head was gonna explode at the end it was cherry red.

The thing that scares me the most with the Hawks is their timely goal scoring. All season, when they needed a goal to tie the game they got it. Sure, they lost a few games and we played them tight, but they looked determined vs. Minnesota.

Very ifferent styles. Ducks play a power game Hawks play a speed game. Our D matches up better vs the Ducks. I expect them to really struggle with Chicago's speed.

Anaheim's speed is very underrated though with their new young kids. I'm not worried with Chicago's speed as much as their fire power and ability to hold on to the puck.

Anaheim has the forecheck, Chicago has the speed and puck control. This will be an entirely different series in my estimation. Detroit and Chicago are 2 similar puck possession teams. While I do think the Red Wings have a legit shot in this series, Chicago is probably favored in their depth and defense. Detroit has the better goaltending and special teams.

I haven't checked the stats, but I have a hard time believing our special teams are better than Chicago's. You may be right Kylee, but I just have a hard time accepting that.

As far as the teams style, I think it will be interesting to see how to we work against Chicago's puck possession style. It's not going to be as much dump and chase as Anaheim. And after seeing what Cogliano and Etem did against us this last series I'm inclined to agree that their speed is probably their most scary asset in this series. I don't see their 4th line doing more than Anaheim's 4th line did though. I think Anaheim's 4th line had 11 or 12 points in the series against us, not many 4th lines produce that well in 7 games I don't think.