• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red Wings Addict

Any tips on ways to tolerate the NBC media?

Rate this topic

Am I the only one who doesn't like the NBC broadcast mostly for Emerich? I can't stand the way he talks and the odd phrases he uses.

Doc might DRIVE! to your house & waffle board you in the face if he saw this.

(So am I the only one who listens to Doc broadcasting & thinks about him talking like that in everyday life?)

Edited by ogreslayer

Doc might DRIVE! to your house & waffle board you in the face if he saw this.

(So am I the only one who listens to Doc broadcasting & thinks about him talking like that in everyday life?)

Never thought of that but Doc gets pulled over and a TICKET into the GLOVEBOX

When Edzo isn't there the NBC stream is a great stream to listen to. Forslund and Strader are excellent, and personally I love Doc because he makes the game really exciting despite his overuse of "DRIVE". Pierre does kinda suck though but at least he's professional and doesn't pick a side.

None of this matters though because I have TSN and I have their crew which are always amazing to listen to!

I think NBC has great play by play guys. All three seem to get excited about good hockey no matter who is doing well. I think what they lack are good color guys. I really like Darryl razor reagh he knows how to break down plays and get a feel for the game. Doesn't seem to have much bias and again seems to love playoff hockey

Guest Playmaker

It's the fans listening that are biased, not the announcers.

By and large, I think the NBC crew does a nice job. Ken Kal sounds like a cartoon character and why Paul uh, Woods, uh, has uh, a job, uh in broadcasting, uh, is beyond me.

By and large, I think the NBC crew does a nice job. Ken Kal sounds like a cartoon character and why Paul uh, Woods, uh, has uh, a job, uh in broadcasting, uh, is beyond me.

There is some truth to this, but I know that Eddie is pretty badly for the Hawks and has a hard time being impartial.

I'm sorry but in my opnion you're wrong. Eddie O is biased in regards to the Hawks. I don't mind Doc and Pierre but Edzo is grating on the ears.to listen to that Hawks homer.

Wasn't it last season that Edzo let out a disgusted audible sigh on the air when the Wings beat his Hawks in OT on the NBC Game of the Week? Been looking around for the clip but haven't been able to find it. I think that says it all as far as his bias goes. He's gotten bad enough where I actually don't mind Pierre is talking 'cause that means I don't have to hear Edzo.

CBC has picked the Detroit/Chicago series, along with Ottawa/Pitt (of course).

Now someone explain (PM me?) an easy way to stream CBC games without buying a VPN, please.

Wasn't it last season that Edzo let out a disgusted audible sigh on the air when the Wings beat his Hawks in OT on the NBC Game of the Week? Been looking around for the clip but haven't been able to find it. I think that says it all as far as his bias goes. He's gotten bad enough where I actually don't mind Pierre is talking 'cause that means I don't have to hear Edzo.

Guest Johnz96

NHL.com says CBC will be showing the Wings. Good for me since I'm in Canada.

Me too

If anyone can't see the obvious bias by edzo after this game, I don't know what will. Pathetic that NBC allows him to call national televised games involving the Blackhawks.

I can usually watch the games on CBC through my regular tv antennae, but wasn't able to tonight because of bad weather in my area cutting out the signal