• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red Wings Addict

Any tips on ways to tolerate the NBC media?

Rate this topic

"Eddie how were the Hawks on faceoffs during the regular season?"

"Good. They were good at everything."

lol that's what I like about Pierre. I know he addresses Olczyk all the time during other matchups, but I get the sense that he probably can't wait for something to go in favor for the Wings so he can conjure up a specific question that you can tell gets under Eddie's skin, like the one above.

I'm actually finding some ways to enjoy Edzo's bias - but only because his team is losing. It's so pleasing to hear the palpable disappointment in his voice when things go wrong for his team. Also, when I yell at him on the TV, it feels like I'm at the game and taunting a Hawks fan.

Don't get me wrong, I still HATE this biased crap. If we were losing, his bulls*** wold probably have me breaking my TV. We need to get that 4th win so I can hear the deflation of his dreams in real time. That will make it worthwhile.

Sidenote: You've got to be some kind of special level of terrible to make me want to hear Pierre talk instead of you.

Edited by TigerDan

lol that's what I like about Pierre. I know he addresses Olczyk all the time during other matchups, but I get the sense that he probably can't wait for something to go in favor for the Wings so he can conjure up a specific question that you can tell gets under Eddie's skin, like the one above.

I remeber something from last night when Howard made one of his saves Pierre just asked : "...and what a great save by Howard, eh Eddy ?" And Edzo completly ignoring the question muttering something about a great play between two of his hawks. It was flat out hillarious. :D

Have to add that I like Pierre during this series, most of the time his remarks hit the nail so to speak. :P

I don't like the comparisons of Edzo and Redmond, even though Mick made it himself.

Mick can be biased sometimes, especially when it comes to the reffing, but he rarely takes things personally like Edzo, and he rarely has any kind of animosity toward the other team. Edzo takes an interception like someone just shot his dog and will refuse to compliment good plays sometimes.

The other guys are annoying only because they stick to the same formula every game. Random trivia about players' childhoods and awkward phraseology which usually sounds like a double entendre. But otherwise they know their stuff.

At this point Edzo has crossed over into the comical. The Wings have the 'Hawks completely off their game and all Edzo can do is still constantly praise the 'Hawks. I'm not even mad...that's amazing. It's like he pooped in the refrigerator and ate a whole wheel of cheese.

I remeber something from last night when Howard made one of his saves Pierre just asked : "...and what a great save by Howard, eh Eddy ?" And Edzo completly ignoring the question muttering something about a great play between two of his hawks. It was flat out hillarious. :D

Have to add that I like Pierre during this series, most of the time his remarks hit the nail so to speak. :P

He does that constantly, ignores things that Pierre brings up. He has given the Wings an ample amount of praise this series though too, he couldn't stop talking about that Z play in game 2(?) that led to Smith's goal? The one where the Hawk was on the ice and Z pushed his stick away to protect the puck.

Funniest thing was a guy at work came in today and was talking to me about the game and he mentioned the commentator saying the Wings get away with interference. I couldn't stop laughing.

Looking @ that eye chart of a schedule the Hawks are on more that both Pitt and Washington you know the team that won that silver cup thingy.  Plus why does Philly make it on 17 times oh wait Comcast is based in Philly and owns NBC.

Man really sucks to be  a team out west based on those numbers presented in the chart

I enjoyed hockey a lot more when Gary Thorne was calling the games.  Bring back Clement as well.  Emrick and whoever the color commentator are just don't anything for me.  

25 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Looking @ that eye chart of a schedule the Hawks are on more that both Pitt and Washington you know the team that won that silver cup thingy.  Plus why does Philly make it on 17 times oh wait Comcast is based in Philly and owns NBC.

Man really sucks to be  a team out west based on those numbers presented in the chart

Connor McDavid will only be playing 7 times on NBC.  He will, however, play in 17 NBC televised games if he gets traded to the Flyers before the season and plays in all 82 games.    

Edited by GMRwings1983

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I enjoyed hockey a lot more when Gary Thorne was calling the games.  Bring back Clement as well.  Emrick and whoever the color commentator are just don't anything for me.  

Connor McDavid will only be playing 7 times on NBC.  He will, however, play in 17 NBC televised games if he gets traded to the Flyers before the season and plays in all 82 games.    

Oh yes Gary Thorne and Clement Clement "hands of cement" 

4 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yes to Thorne, meh to Clement. Thorne-Ferraro would be cool.

Does Thorne even have his Amazing Voice anymore tho?

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Gilbert Gottfried and Tomas Holmstrom.

Esa Tikkanen and Pavel Datsyuk

Or

Don Cherry and anyone who isn't Canadian

OR

Patrick Roy and Chris Osgood

OR

Claude Lemieux and Darren McCarty

or 

Todd Bertuzzi and Steve Moore