Photo
- - - - -

Any tips on ways to tolerate the NBC media?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

"Eddie how were the Hawks on faceoffs during the regular season?"

"Good. They were good at everything."

lol that's what I like about Pierre. I know he addresses Olczyk all the time during other matchups, but I get the sense that he probably can't wait for something to go in favor for the Wings so he can conjure up a specific question that you can tell gets under Eddie's skin, like the one above.

#102 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Thank you, CBC.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#103 TigerDan

TigerDan

Goon

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

I'm actually finding some ways to enjoy Edzo's bias - but only because his team is losing.  It's so pleasing to hear the palpable disappointment in his voice when things go wrong for his team.  Also, when I yell at him on the TV, it feels like I'm at the game and taunting a Hawks fan.

Don't get me wrong, I still HATE this biased crap. If we were losing, his bulls*** wold probably have me breaking my TV.  We need to get that 4th win so I can hear the deflation of his dreams in real time.   That will make it worthwhile.

Sidenote: You've got to be some kind of special level of terrible to make me want to hear Pierre talk instead of you.

Edited by TigerDan, 24 May 2013 - 07:36 AM.

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season. What with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him? Whhelll, I guess that's more than most 21 year olds could handle."

#104 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

lol that's what I like about Pierre. I know he addresses Olczyk all the time during other matchups, but I get the sense that he probably can't wait for something to go in favor for the Wings so he can conjure up a specific question that you can tell gets under Eddie's skin, like the one above.

I remeber something from last night when Howard made one of his saves Pierre just asked : "...and what a great save by Howard, eh Eddy ?" And Edzo completly ignoring the question muttering something about a great play between two of his hawks. It was flat out hillarious. :D

Have to add that I like Pierre during this series, most of the time his remarks hit the nail so to speak. :P 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#105 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

I don't like the comparisons of Edzo and Redmond, even though Mick made it himself.

Mick can be biased sometimes, especially when it comes to the reffing, but he rarely takes things personally like Edzo, and he rarely has any kind of animosity toward the other team. Edzo takes an interception like someone just shot his dog and will refuse to compliment good plays sometimes.

The other guys are annoying only because they stick to the same formula every game. Random trivia about players' childhoods and awkward phraseology which usually sounds like a double entendre. But otherwise they know their stuff.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#106 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

At this point Edzo has crossed over into the comical.  The Wings have the 'Hawks completely off their game and all Edzo can do is still constantly praise the 'Hawks.  I'm not even mad...that's amazing.  It's like he pooped in the refrigerator and ate a whole wheel of cheese.

#107 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

I remeber something from last night when Howard made one of his saves Pierre just asked : "...and what a great save by Howard, eh Eddy ?" And Edzo completly ignoring the question muttering something about a great play between two of his hawks. It was flat out hillarious. :D

Have to add that I like Pierre during this series, most of the time his remarks hit the nail so to speak. :P

He does that constantly, ignores things that Pierre brings up.  He has given the Wings an ample amount of praise this series though too, he couldn't stop talking about that Z play in game 2(?) that led to Smith's goal?  The one where the Hawk was on the ice and Z pushed his stick away to protect the puck.

Funniest thing was a guy at work came in today and was talking to me about the game and he mentioned the commentator saying the Wings get away with interference.  I couldn't stop laughing.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#108 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Eddie and Quennville this morning...

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams