• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Babcock vs. Quenneville.

Rate this topic

If I recall correctly, Joel Quennvelle has never defeated the Red Wings in a playoff series. I wonder if this fact will play any significant role in the upcoming Detroit-Chicago series.

Does Detroit have Joel figured out? Or were the various prior circumstances entirely a function of the teams playing, and not the coaching strategies?

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

has quennville ever had the better team, up until now?

meaningless stat.

Also every time we've been Q haven't we gone to the cup? I think I remember a stat like that floating around. Regardless, this is the best team Q has had to ice against us (that I can remember) so all of that goes out the door.

Edited by Number19

I keep thinking of reasons the Hawks will eat the Wings alive, and then I realize the same things were said of Anaheim. Speed, firepower, goaltending.

I know the Hawks are better but I can't help but feel like the series will be more run and gun. As long as we can score more than 2 goals a game we will be fine.

Babcock >>> Quenville and the whole league knows it. It's a fact not an opinion. However, Hawks talent >>> Red wings talent.

In the end, it will come down to who chokes and who doesn't. We need another Perry type fluff from Hawks star players.

Edited by kickazz

Quenneville was on the score today and they asked him about never beating the Wings in a series... he laughed and said he beat us as an assistant in Colorado in 96 (the year they won the cup) and that season we had like 130 points so it was a big deal to beat us.

We just need to work harder than these guys for 60 minutes and we will beat these guys. Take shifts, periods or games off and they will kill us..alot of skill over there.

I am going to flat out say it, Hawks have the better team. Hey have had the Wings number the last 3 seasons or so during the regular season.

Q has a cup behind his belt. He is a good coach. Is he as good as Babs? I don't know.

All I hope for is this team to put forth a good effort and at least go 6 games in the series.

This series may come down to the coaching, matchups, willingness to change on the fly, etc. I don't see this being a battle of goalies, or defenses, and I wouldn't be surprised if one game there are 10 goals scored between the two teams.

Whether Quenneville is behind the bench or not, the Hawks are by far the favored team. They beat us every game this season and outscored us 12 to 5. I think the depth of their team will play a much bigger role than anything Babcock can pull rolling lines. If you forced me to bet, I'd say we won't get out of this series. Nevermind any random Joel Quenneville stats. I'll sure hope otherwise though.

To beat them, we'll have to outwork them like we did the Ducks, but more consistently, and need a lot of luck.

Edited by Seraph

Babcock is ten beat coach in hockey. Q is a very solid coach who succeeds in this league. Babs is the one percent. However the talent Chicago has could throw the coaching out the window. Players still have to play no matter who the coach is. Either way babs will find a way to put the team in a position to go head to head with the hawks