• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

gotta give it up to him.. never was a fan, but in the past couple months he's really stepped up and improved dramatically. playing with Pavel really turned his game around. 

#22 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Always been a fan. Prolly a bit biased in his favor....same with smith lol.

#23 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

He struggled at first on that top line, looked like a fish out of water, but the last month or 6 weeks he's found his niche, worked out his role.  Crashing bodies in the corner, separating defencemen from the puck, and going straight to the front of the net.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#24 Joeyhodge

Joeyhodge

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I couldn't stand him, and his stupid penalties last year.

I thought someone was crazy when they moved him up with Pav.

Glad he has found some offense, and is playing so well. Glad i was wrong about him all along.

I gotta say I was scratching my head constantly trying to figure out any reasonable reason that Babcock was putting Abby on the first line with pav for the second half of the season. I still don't know the reason why he did it and stuck with it but wow am I happy he did! Great coaching move for the most part

#25 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

That break away goal looked like Gaborik. I gotta be honest, he looked like a legit top 6 player in game 6 and 7.

#26 rooter2309

rooter2309

Ja City

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Babcock was the only one in the world who realized the potential Abdelkader has. As well as he's played, I bet Babs continues to challenge him to take his game to the next level.
Proud to be born and raised in Hockeytown. Pavel's white cat >>>>