• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Helm Status Update

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Not what we were wanting to hear, unfortunately. From George Malik (link), in regards to Helm's likelihood of playing:

He's not even practicing, so highly unlikely, I'd say.
Doubtful. When he was injured they said he was done for the playoffs. Don't think anything has changed.
Edited by Crymson

As much as I hate to see Helm out, his absence has given Andersson a chance to show he's a capable center at the NHL level. I appreciate the effort Emmerton puts forth, but I think Dats/Flip/Andersson/Helm gives us much better depth at center. One positive to take out of it.

I'd much rather keep him out and let him come back rested and ready to go next year.

As much as it would please me to see him in the lineup I don't want to see his first game since febuary be a playoff game, pretty much getting thrown right back into the fire.

Anyone have a dekeyser update? I don't even know if it was his top or bottom hand, which makes a big difference in recovery time

They said he's most likely out for the complete playoffs, even if we had made it to the finals. It's a 6-8 week recovery and the finals would fall right on the 6 week mark. Last i've heard they said he would be ready in July

Guest The Axe

Everybody get healthy and we'll have a better chance of repeating next year. :-)

Guest DeGraa55

I think people need to get used to this with helm. Back injuries are unpredictable. Could never go away.

I think people need to get used to this with helm. Back injuries are unpredictable. Could never go away.

Back in the early 90's I was living in Phoenix and my wife was a big Suns basketball fan and of course so was/is most of the city. Those were the days of Charles Barkley and after his big first season in 93 where the Suns went to the finals he started to develop back problems. He never recovered from those issues and his career started to decline from there on out. There were stories of him laying in the aisle on the team plane on trips because it hurt too much to sit in a proper seat.

Would suck to see Helm in the same situation.

Guest Crymson

I think you need to stop making assumptions.

I'm afraid he's turning into a vegetable.

Well, vegetables DO get sliced often by sharp objects.

But the similarities end there.

Guest The Axe

Yah, don't risk Helm's long term health. Any chance we can give DeKeyser a bionic thumb and put him back in?

Injury bug sucks.

We need to get these guys back.