• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shaeb30

22 Consecutive Playoff Appearances Recapped in 22 Minutes

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, I don't post to the site very often, but I do visit almost everyday, and enjoy reading the insight posted by the folks who visit the site. I came across this video tonight that recaps the last 22 years of playoff appearances made by our beloved Red Wings, and felt the need to share with everybody in this hockey community. Hopefully you take the 22 minutes and 22 seconds (ironic, huh?) that it takes to watch the video in its entirety, and enjoy it as much as I did! Go Wings!

Guest DeGraa55

Geez being 22 I obviously didn't get to see a lot of this stuff but wow. Federovs pass through his legs or Stevie y shot from center ice have to be my favorites.

Guest The Axe

Id like to see our number of playoff games and playoff series won and lost during those 22 years.

Guest Crymson

My favorite Youtube channel by far. Actually, since he's a wings fan, I wonder if he's on these threads... Are you there, Awood40? :bye1:

He's on LGW as woodrow40.

Edited by Crymson

Awood's channel is one of my favorites. The guy does amazing work editing together highlights of just about anything Red Wings related. I don't even know how many hours I've lost just sifting through all his videos. It's addicting

Guest The Axe

:lol: at the line of McCarty - Kennedy - Probert....all be damned, I teared up in 1997 when Stevie raised the Cup and I just did again! Absolute #1 Stanley Cup win in my lifetime!

Stevie's smile is a favourite memory of mine, as well. :-)

I can't watch the whole thing right now, but a couple of things I love about this video:

1. I love how old footage from the JLA makes it sound like the place was so much louder than today. (was it really louder back then?)

2. I'd almost forgotten how hideous the Blues unis were in the early and mid-90s.

3. Watching Vladi Konstantinov score on that break against Roy in '96 is just awesome.

4. Remembering hitting my head on the low ceiling in my parents' basement when Yzerman won game 7 against the Blues in '96 from jumping off the couch.

5. Loving hearning Gary Thorne call playoff hockey games. That guy ruled as ESPN's main play-by-play man.

...and that's all just in the first 4 minutes!

He's on LGW as woodrow40.

really? I don't remember ever seeing him post, but the dude has skills with video editing.

I love his 20 minute game highlights because if I miss a game I can still see all the important highlights

Yzerman's goal against the Blues was one of my favorites, and the one where he roofed between the crossbar and Roy's shoulder and trying to figure out at the time how the hell he was able to do that. Also, that McCarty goal against Philly was one of my favorites. Also loved Roy showboating like an idiot-- you don't have the puck, stupid! Also, Larionov's backhander on Irbe. Also, watching Hasek celebrating for the first time. Also... ah, there's too many! I remember jumping up and down for all of them! Thank God for youtube and Awood40!

Coolest part about the video in my opinion was the transition over the years, players coming and going, old stars passing the torch to the future stars, the continued dominance...and Lidstrom was there the whole time.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Id like to see our number of playoff games and playoff series won and lost during those 22 years.

90-91 Lost 3-4, St.Louis

91-92 Beat Minnesota 4-3, lost to Chicago 0-4

92-93 Lost 3-4, Toronto

93-94 Lost 3-4, San Jose

94-95 Beat Dallas 4-1, San Jose 4-0, Chicago 4-1, Lost to New Jersey, 0-4

95-96 Beat Winnepeg 4-2, St.Louis 4-3, Lost to Colorado 2-4

96-97 Beat St.Louis 4-2, Anaheim 4-0, Colorado 4-2, Philadelphia 4-0

97-98 Beat Phoenix 4-2, St.Louis 4-2, Dallas 4-2, Washington 4-0

98-99 Beat Anaheim 4-0, Lost to Colorado, 2-4

99-00 Beat Los Angeles 4-0, Lost to Colorado, 1-4

00-01 Lost to Los Angeles, 2-4

01-02 Beat Vancouver 4-2, St.Louis 4-1, Colorado 4-3, Carolina 4-1

02-03 Lost to Anaheim, 0-4

03-04 Beat Nashville 4-2, Lost to Calgary, 2-4

05-06 Lost to Edmonton, 2-4

06-07 Beat Calgary 4-2, San Jose 4-2, Lost to Anaheim, 2-4

07-08 Beat Nashville 4-2, Colorado 4-0, Dallas 4-2, Pittsburgh 4-2

08-09 Beat Columbus 4-0, Anaheim 4-3, Chicago 4-1, Lost to Pittsburgh 3-4

09-10 Beat Phoenix 4-3, Lost to San Jose 1-4

10-11 Beat Phoenix 4-0, Lost to San Jose 3-4

11-12 Lost to Nashville 1-4

12-13 Beat Anaheim 4-3, ...

Guest Playmaker

How did Fedorov ever get the reputation of "not showing up in the playoffs"?

Got goosebumps watching that. What a trip down memory lane.